Chapter 16 Nine-Tailed Fox

Lovefool

 

 
I slept soundly for once after so many months.  Perhaps because I was with the boys again and for one weekend I don't have to think about work or my marriage.  I honestly don't know how I will survive being the president and being a husband to a woman I don't love.  The marriage is a front, my parents are hoping that I grow to love Yoona, but there's no way.  Many people from affluent families go through what I am going through, and they eventually do learn to love their marriage partner.  But I just don't see my self having kids with this girl, raising a family and having sons that will eventually take over my place as President.  I just don't see it.  Luhan and Baekhyun are still asleep.  It was nice for them to stay with me despite wanting to spend a romantic night with their girlfriends.  The three of us managed to sleep in the same king size bed.  I slept on my side, and being the youngest slept in the middle.  Their sleeping mannerisms doesn't bother me much, I'm completely used to it.  Baekhyun spent most of the night with his arms and legs wrapped around me from behind.  Luhan has the tendency to shift towards the middle half of the bed and loves to cuddle.  I found him completely under the covers with his head tucked in my arms, burying his head into my chest.  I felt his soft hair under my chin.  I managed to pry myself from between the two of them.  I felt like the egg in a kimbap roll.  I remove the blankets and got off the bed.  Soon after Baek and Luhan held onto each other, perhaps thinking of their girlfriends.  Gotta love my boys. 
 
The sun looks inviting so I step out of the bungalow and soak in the New Caledonia rays.  I hear a scream from the bungalow across from me, my bungalow.  There is a woman with a navy polka dotted bikini sitting on one of the beach chairs.  The window opens, "Is that Sehun?  Wait, that's his girl?"  I move closer to the rail to get a better look.  Dark brown wavy hair, above average height, with a nice S-line….not bad kid.  I can't really take a good look at her face because of her oversized sunglasses and sun hat.  Why the heck did she scream?  I see Sehun's girl walk back into the bungalow.  I can see her back facing their open window as she sits on the bed and takes her IPad out.  She's engrossed in something on her IPad.  
 
Oh no, Yoona.  She's gonna cause trouble.  I forgot to tell her I wouldn't be using my bungalow.  I move my way towards the second pier.  By the time I get there I hear Sehun scream for a noona.  So I take a peek from the window on the other side of the bungalow past the door.  They must be in the bathroom 'cause I don't see anyone in the room.  I make my way towards the door when I start hearing yells from Sehun's girl and Yoona.  Then it gets quiet.  I peek again through the window and I see Sehun's girl get a towel from the room, but I still couldn't make out her face.  Those sunglasses need to be burned.  My intention at this time is to make my way towards the door to straighten out the misunderstanding but instead my instinct makes me just hide behind the far wall of the bungalow so I am hidden from Yoona.  I realize this is probably how my life with her will be like, hiding and sneaking around.  Not in the sense of being with another girl, but simply to just avoid her.  I listen to their conversation.
 
"Hey!  If your husband is cheating on you, why are you still wanting to be with him?"  What!  I'm not cheating on her!
 
"Your boyfriend is really hot."  My wife has good taste.
 
"Umm, thanks…?"  Her voice sounds oddly familiar.
 
"My husband is much hotter."  Hell yeah I am.
 
"Well, that was, interesting."  I see Yoona storm out and enter her bungalow.  Probably going to cause a wrath of her own with her bridesmaids.  My phone rings.  Yoona.
 
"Hey, I'll meet you for lunch at the Cabana cafe by the beach."  I quickly hang up.  Guess I better introduce myself to Sehun's girl.  I walk over to the front door of my bungalow and knock. Sehun answers the door with a big hug.  
 
"Hyung!  Your wife came storming in!"  
 
"Yeah, sorry about that.  I forgot to tell her I wasn't sleeping here.  Where's your girl?"  I enter the bungalow without an invitation.
 
"Oh, she's taking a shower."  Sehun is avoiding my eyes.  He's acting unlike himself; similar to how Luhan was acting last night.  "You can meet her later, hyung."  He tries to shoo me away.
 
"What is going on Sehun?  What are you and Luhan hiding from me?"
 
"Nothing, what are you talking about?"  He looks nervously at the bathroom.  
 
"It is so obvious you are hiding something from me.  What is it?"  I approach him until his back is against the wall.  He begins to stutter incoherently.  "And why the heck are you not dressed?" He's only wearing a towel wrapped around his waist.
 
"Umm, ugh, hyung, I, come on, I am not hiding anything, haha!" Maybe I am being paranoid.  The poor kid lowers his head. 
 
"Sehun.  Tell me."  I threaten him with my eyes.  "You know what I can do to your skinny ."  
 
He holds his arms and hands up.  "Hyung please!  I know, I know what you can do, and I promise I'm not hiding anything."  He moves around the bungalow still avoiding my eyes.  I approach him and he panics.  "Ya! OK OK, don't come any closer.  She and I will meet you at the Cabana for lunch, OK?" 
 
"Who's 'we'?"  I ask.
 
"Us."
 
"Who's 'us'?"
 
"My girl and I."
 
"Who is that?"
 
"My friend and I." 
 
"Who is it?"
 
"A girl, a friend."
 
"What's her name again?"
 
"Evey.  Oops."  I knew I'd catch him.  I start to laugh.
 
"You haven't changed!  I knew you'd slip!"  Wait.  Evey?  Did he say, Evey?  "What did you say?"
 
"Huh?"
 
"What did you say your girlfriend's name was?"
 
"Oh umm,"  No way.  I don't wait for his answer.  I walk over to the bathroom, Sehun tries to grab me and I push him out of the way, I open the bathroom door.  If it is Evey it should be fine for me to enter, I've seen all of her before.  I lock myself into the bathroom with her, and Sehun is banging on the door then I hear him on the phone calling Luhan to come over right away.  It must really be her.  I move my way towards the shower curtain.  Her iPhone is playing MBLAQ's Beautiful and she sings along with it.  Memories invade my mind of that night.  I look at the bathtub, still unused, the flower petals are still floating above the water and the candles haven't been lit.  Good.  I probably would have gone ballistic knowing Sehun spent the night in that tub with her.  My hands are on the shower curtain.  I haven't been this close to her since she arrived at my door wearing those pajamas with white anchors.  I can feel my heart exploding from my body.  Every moment I spent with her flashes in my mind.  I can't make myself move towards her.  I freeze.  I lean on the bathroom wall.  I turn around and unlock the bathroom door.  Sehun pushes past me and realizes that Evey is still in the shower, singing, unaware of my presence.  He follows me out and closes the door.  
 
"Hyung?"
 
"It's OK, Sehun."  I look up and see Baekhyun and Luhan in the bungalow with concerned looks on both their faces.  Yoona walks in too.  Perfect.   is wide open.  I look over to the three in the bungalow with me:  Baekhyun is shirtless wearing an annoyingly colorful Iron Man boxers while Luhan, also shirtless, is wearing his green Incredible Hulk ones.  And Sehun still has only a towel around his waist.  The brothel gained one extra host.  I walk past Yoona who is still gawking at the three half men and I don't even bother telling her to leave.  I really could careless.  I head for the beach trying to collect my thoughts.  
 
I pass Tiffany and Taeyeon who are at the end of the pier.  I bow to them and continue to walk.  
 
"Kai,"  Tiffany calls out my name, she  must know I found out, I don't stop, I keep walking.  "Kai!"  I thought she was with Minho?  'She's not with me.'  Minho told me the day of the wedding.  I thought he meant that day, she wasn't with him that day.  They broke up before my wedding.  I fall into the sand, the water is moving towards my feet.  I lay on the sand looking up at the sky.  I can feel the water creeping up into my clothes.  It's cold, but my entire body is numb so my brain doesn't process it.  I just lay there, dazed.  She's now with Sehun?  How could she do this to me…that nine-tailed fox.