Dates: Round Three (WooGyu)

The Dating Game

"Oh my gosh, Myungsoo," Sunggyu said as he paced his room, "I have a date in an hour with Woohyun. I have a freakin' date with Woohyun in an hour!"

"Yep," Myungsoo said, "You would be correct."

"Why are you freaking out?" Hoya asked as he walked into Sunggyu's room while drinking a soda, "It's just a date."

"You happen to be going on a date in an hour also," Sunggyu said as he stopped pacing, "Why are you so calm?"

"I don't know," Hoya said as he shrugged, "Maybe because I'm not in love with Dongwoo."

"I'm not in love with Woohyun!" Sunggyu exclaimed.

"What was that, honey?" Sunggyu's mom asked from the kitchen.

"Nothing, mom!" Sunggyu yelled towards his mom as he sat down on his bed next to Myungsoo, "Gosh, I'm so nervous. What if he doesn't like me?"

"What's not to like?" Hoya asked as he sat down next to me, "Well other than the fact you look like a hamster."

"Hey! I don't look like a hamster!" Sunggyu exclaimed.

"Who said it was a bad thing?" Myungsoo asked.

"You guys are awesome friends. Right before I have a big date you tell me I look like a fricken hamster!" Sunggyu yelled.

"Language!" Sunggyu's mom yelled.

"I didn't even cuss," Sunggyu said, "Gosh, why can't Woohyun just come right now?"

Right then the doorbell rang.

"Oh my gosh!" Sunggyu said as he jumped up from his seat, "That can't be him! He is super early! I'm not even ready!"

"It could be Dongwoo," Myungsoo said.

"Nope," Hoya said as he shook his head, "Dongwoo just texted me five minutes ago to tell me he was on his way. It's a thirty minute drive."

"Right," Myungsoo said, "Well have fun Sunggyu!"

"Sunggyu! A very handsome young man by the name of Nam Woohyun is here for your date!" Sunggyu's mom yelled from the front door.

"Kill me now," Sunggyu said as he turned towards Myungsoo and Hoya, "My mom is so embarrassing."

"It could be worse," Hoya said, "She could want him for herself. Now that would be awkward."

"That is weird," Sunggyu said, "Gross. I have to go before my mom kills him of boredom."

"Have fun again," Myungsoo said.

"Wait! What are you going to be doing while Hoya and I are on dates?" Sunggyu asked as he turned towards Myungsoo.

Myungsoo smiled, "I have my own date tonight. Now go!"

Sunggyu walked to the front door and saw Woohyun standing there looking perfect as normal. He brushed his dark hair to the side with his fingers and was holding flowers. Gosh, this was cheesy. Yet it was Sunggyu's dream. Everything was as he imagined. Except his mom talking to Woohyun. And Woohyun was wearing shorts which was different from his usual jeans. Gosh, Sunggyu was a creep.

"Do I know your mom by any chance?" Sunggyu's mom asked.

"I don't know," Woohyun said, "It could be possible. My mom knows almost everyone."

"So do I!" Sunggyu's mom said, "I bet Chunji's mom has called her. Gosh, that woman can talk my ear off."

"I wouldn't know," Woohyun said, "But if you want me to ask I could."

"Tell her to call Sunggyu's mom," Sunggyu's mom said as she noticed her son standing here, "Oh Sunggyu! Woohyun is here!"

"Hey," Sunggyu said as he waved towards Woohyun. Gosh, could he be anymore awkward?

"Hey," Woohyun said as he smiled and waved back towards Sunggyu. "We better go because I have big plans for us."

"Yes," Sunggyu said as he walked to Woohyun, past his mom, "Let's go."

"Bye Sunggyu! Oh and Woohyun, te-"

"Bye mom!" Sunggyu exclaimed as he opened the front door and pushed Woohyun out the door and followed close by, leaving his mom standing in the living room.

"Your mom was nice," Woohyun said as he smiled.

"Yeah, and she'll talk your ear off for years," Sunggyu said, "Years."

"It wasn't that bad," Woohyun said as he turned around and walked towards the car, but then looked back at Sunggyu and smiled, "She told me all of your embarrassing childhood stories."

"She wouldn't," Sunggyu said, mortified.

"You're right," Woohyun said as he unlocked the car, then walked over to Sunggyu's door and opened it for him, "I'm joking."

"Thanks," Sunggyu mumbled as he got into Woohyun's car.

Just then his phone vibrated as Woohyun was walking to his side of the car. Sunggyu quickly took out his phone to read the text before Woohyun got in:

From Hoya:

You really do look like a hamster.

Gosh. Hoya was sending him that text while he was with Woohyun to torture him.

To Hoya:

I have no comeback to that. Except that I'm on the date with the hottest guy at school. How does that make you feel?

"Okay," Woohyun said as he opened his door and got into the car as Sunggyu quickly put his phone away. Woohyun started the car, then looked back at Sunggyu and smiled, "You're going to love this."

"I bet," Sunggyu said as he smiled back, "What do you have planned for us?"

"That's a surprise," Woohyun said as he started the car, "You are just going to have to wait and see."

"Are you surprised that it was me?" Sunggyu asked.

"What?" Woohyun asked as he looked behind him while backing out of the driveway.

"I mean, were you surprised to see that I was your date?" Sunggyu asked.

"Nope," Woohyun said as he was fully backed out of the driveway, "When I arrived at your house I knew it was you."

"You knew where I lived?" Sunggyu asked.

"Of course," Woohyun said as he shifted the gear to drive and moved forward, "You live right by the school."

"Ah," Sunggyu said as he looked out the window, watching the houses and trees zoom by before him.

He was in the car with Woohyun! He was close with Woohyun. He was on a freaking date with Nam Woohyun. He was mentally freaking out, worrying that he was going to do something wrong that would make Woohyun not like him.

"Are you surprised it was me?" Woohyun asked as he stole a glance at Sunggyu.

"What?" Sunggyu asked, snapping back into reality, "No."

"You weren't?" Woohyun asked as he smiled.

"Well, I was at first," Sunggyu said as he shrugged, "But not that much. I mean your username was prince of hearts. There's only one person I know who would fit that."

"Really?" Woohyun asked as he turned towards Sunggyu, grinning.

"Uh... Did I say that out loud?" Sunggyu asked as he wanted to die of embarrassment.

"Yes," Woohyun said as he looked back at the road, "You did."

"I didn't mean to say that," Sunggyu said quickly.

"So it's not true?" Woohyun asked.

"I mean it is true," Sunggyu said, "Wait, never mind. Pretend like I didn't say anything."

Woohyun laughed, "You are so cute."

"You think I'm cute?" Sunggyu asked as he gaped at Woohyun, "Excuse me, but are you blind? My friends say I look like a freaking hamster."

"A little bit," Woohyun said as he looked towards Sunggyu, "But don't worry it's cute."

"So you have a for that kind of thing?" Sunggyu asked.

"What?" Woohyun asked as he laughed.

"Never mind," Sunggyu said, "Sometimes when I get nervous I just talk and talk."

"So you're nervous?" Woohyun asked as he smiled.

"What? Did I say I was nervous?" Sunggyu asked, "I'm not nervous. I'm so nonchalant."

"You're amusing," Woohyun said, "I thought you'd be super shy."

"I'm afraid that if I don't talk I'll die," Sunggyu said.

"Why would you die?" Woohyun asked as he looked towards Sunggyu for a moment.

"It would be awkward and talking helps me not think.. you know? Like not think that I'm in a car with you," Sunggyu said.

"You don't want to be in a car with me?" Woohyun asked as he to the highway.

"No! I do!" Sunggyu said.

"Sure," Woohyun said as he smiled, pressing his foot on the accelerator to make the car go faster.

"Where are we going?" Sunggyu asked as he looked around himself.

"I told you," Woohyun said, "It's a surprise."

"There must really be something wrong with you if you still want to have a date with me," Sunggyu said as he looked out the window.

"Well I don't want to break any of the rules," Woohyun said as he smiled towards Sunggyu.

"I'm hurt," Sunggyu said sarcastically, "really."

"I'm kidding," Woohyun said, "I actually really do want to go on a date with you."

"Not the person you text everyday in math?" Sunggyu asked as he looked towards Woohyun.

"What?" Woohyun asked as he looked at Sunggyu.

"Nothing," Sunggyu said as Woohyun took the exit off the highway. "You aren't going to kill me or anything, right?"

"Why would I do that?" Woohyun asked, "You talk a lot."

"I know," Sunggyu said as he looked at Woohyun, "So you won't think I'm awkward. Oh my gosh, you must think I'm weird now because I won't shut up."

"I don't think that at all," Woohyun said as he stopped the car and turned it off. "We're here."

"If you want to just drop me off here and leave me, I would be okay with that," Sunggyu said,

"I want to have a date with you," Woohyun said as he opened his car door and got out, "Now let's go."

Sunggyu looked away from Woohyun and took in his surroundings as he walked out of the car. He could hear the waves crashing onto the sand, coming in and then washing everything away. It was a little windy, but it was perfect because it wasn't too hot or too cold.

"Do you see the waves?" Woohyun asked as he smiled, "I like to think they wash everything bad away.

"Yeah, that's what I was thinking," Sunggyu said as he smiled, looking back at Woohyun, "What are you doing?"

Woohyun gave Sunggyu a strange look as he took off his shoes, "I'm taking off my shoes."

"Obviously," Sunggyu said, "But why?"

"So I can feel the sand," Woohyun said, "And run into the water without ruining my shoes."

"You are going in?" Sunggyu asked as Woohyun stood up.

"Come on," Woohyun said as he ran towards the waves.

"Dammit," Sunggyu said as he threw his shoes off and ran after Woohyun, "I'm wearing jeans!"

"Should've worn shorts," Woohyun yelled as he ran into the water.

"You didn't tell me!" Sunggyu yelled as he reached Woohyun.

"Oh right," Woohyun said as he smiled at Sunggyu, "That would spoil the surprise."

"I don't want to get my jeans wet," Sunggyu said as he neared the water but didn't get in.

Woohyun then splashed Sunggyu, soaking his jeans, "Whoops. Did I do that?"

"That's not funny," Sunggyu said as he slashed Woohyun back.

"Come on Sunggyu," Woohyun said as he stood staring at Sunggyu, the water to his knees. "Please get in."

"But I don't want to get my jeans wet," Sunggyu repeated.

"You could always take your jeans off," Woohyun said as he walked backwards, further into the water.

"You know what, I'm good with wearing jeans," Sunggyu said as he slowly walked into the water.

Woohyun splashed Sunggyu with water again, "You chicken! Get in faster."

"Hey! That's not cool," Sunggyu said as he splashed Woohyun back.

"Bet you can't catch me!" Woohyun said as he ran away from Sunggyu, further into the water once again.

"Hey, come back!" Sunggyu yelled as he chased Woohyun down, "Why do you keep moving away from me?"

"I know you'll follow me," Woohyun said as he turned around and smiled, "You're jeans are soaked, Gyu."

"What?" Sunggyu asked as he looked down, and his jeans were soaked. "I didn't even notice."

"That's cause you are having so much fun with me," Woohyun said as he smiled again.

"Are you?" Sunggyu asked. "Are you having fun with me?"

"Trust me," Woohyun said as he smiled at Sunggyu, "I'll definitely want a second date."

____________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: First date! <3 YaDong and MyungYeol dates next chapter. Thank you to all readers, subscribers, commenters, and upvoters <3 <3 I love you all. And sorry it took me so long to update!