Chapter Ten

The Dating Game

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Hoya asked as he saw Sungjong smiling at him.

They were in Hoya's room after-school trying to plan Dongwoo's birthday party together. Hoya didn't want to work with Sungjong because he never liked him. Hoya wasn't much of a gossiper, so they never had anything in common to talk about. Sungjong was sitting on the end of the bed, staring at Hoya like he was for the past twenty minutes.

"I'm just excited we get to work together!" Sungjong exclaimed, "I have so much planned, I'm sure you'll love it."

"Why don't you decorate and plan it, and say that I helped?" Hoya said as he smiled and jumped off of the bed. He did not want to work with Sungjong. Not only had he found the younger a bit annoying, he didn't want him spreading any rumors about him also like what has happened in the past- but he mostly thought Sungjong was annoying. Sungjong had been following Hoya non-stop at school asking him when they could get together to plan the party. Sungjong was everywhere: at his locker, randomly showing up in his class when the teacher was out, following him at lunch when Dongwoo wasn't around- he was even at his sports practice. Eventually Hoya had to give in to stop Sungjong from stalking him.

"No," Sungjong said as he grabbed Hoya by his shirt, "Why don't you want to decorate and plan Dongwoo's party?"

"Because I knew that you'd want to help and wouldn't stop following me around at school," Hoya said. He knew he sounded a bit rude, he didn't mean to, but Sungjong needed to hang out with his friends rather than with Hoya. "Why don't you hang out with Sungyeol?"

"Yeollie isn't planning it," Sungjong said as if it Hoya said the dumbest thing ever, "Duh. We are. And this will mean a lot to Dongwoo so just sit down so we can plan this."

"You're a bit demanding," Hoya said as he sat back down on the bed where he previously was, "Okay, so what did you have in mind?"

"Well, Dongwoo's favorite color is green," Sungjong said, "Right?"

"Sure," Hoya said as he nodded. So Sungjong was thinking of decorating the party green? Seemed reasonable.

"We also joke that he's a dino," Sungjong said as he gave a little laugh.

"Yep, I know," Hoya said, "So you want to decorate with green dinosaurs?"

"Not what I was getting at," Sungjong said as he stopped laughing and thought about it. Hoya thought he had disappointed Sungjong, not that it bothered him, but then Sungjong smiled wide, "But that works!"

"It does?" Hoya asked. Personally he thought it was a stupid idea. He had never planned or decorated a party before, which was one of the other reasons he didn't want to decorate Dongwoo's. He didn't want to mess anything up.

"Yes! Green dinosaurs! We could do some Jurassic Park thing! I didn't know you were so creative," Sungjong said, still beaming.

"Well I think it's a stupid idea," Hoya blurted out before he could think about what he was saying.

"I don't," Sungjong said as he stopped smiling and really studied Hoya. It was kind of freaking Hoya out. "You know..." Sungjong started to stay, still not looking away from Hoya, "I never really liked you."

"Well that was kind of random," Hoya said as Sungjong instantly realized what he said.

"I'm sorry Hoya!" Sungjong exclaimed, "I didn't mean to sound so blunt. I was just suspicious of you dating Dongwoo, that's all. Now I see that you're..."

"No, no," Hoya said, "No need to apologize. I never liked you either." They did have something in common, their feelings for each other- or lack thereof.

"Well, I'm glad you've changed your mind," Sungjong said as he ran a hand through his dark brown hair.

"I never said I changed my mind," Hoya said as Sungjong looked taken back.

"You still hate me?" Sungjong asked.

"No," Hoya said, making the younger smile, "You're just annoying at times."

"Well, I'm glad it's not all the time," Sungjong said as he sat up straighter, "Now in order to throw a kick birthday party for Dongwoo we have to work together."

"Did you just say kick ?" Hoya said as he started laughing.

"What's so funny about that?" Sungjong asked.

"I never thought that a pretty boy would say that, that's all," Hoya said.

"Hey!" Sungjong yelled, making Hoya smile.

"Sungjong," Hoya said, "Do you like anyone?"

Sungjong looked surprised at first, but then recomposed himself, "Uhm... no."

"Come on, Sungjong," Hoya said. "I'm just curious. I won't tell anyone."

"Why are you curious?" Sungjong asked as he studied Hoya.

Hoya didn't know why he was wondering whether or not Sungjong liked someone. Maybe it was because Sunggyu and Woohyun liked each other, Myungsoo and Sungyeol liked each other, and then he and Dongwoo liked each other. All that was left was Sungjong.

"You could feel alone when all of us start dating and wanting to be alone," Hoya said as he looked at Sungjong. "You're the only one out of your friends who doesn't have anyone."

"Well I'm fine, I hang out with Sungyeol and Myungsoo," Sungjong said as he smiled.

"Right, I forgot you were a package deal," Hoya said as he gave a little laugh.

"Well I have a question for you, Hoya," Sungjong said, "Do you like Dongwoo?"

"Of course," Hoya said, "Why would you ask that?"

"He just seems more into you than you are to him," Sungjong said as he shrugged.

"Well I'm not really one to be overly romantic like Woohyun, and I also don't like to express everything about myself like... you," Hoya said.

"Well said," Sungjong said, "Now let's get back to planning."


"How much longer do I have to go?" Sunggyu whined. He was with Woohyun on his date right after-school, but Woohyun insisted that Sunggyu couldn't see anything until they were there so it would be a surprise. Which brings them to their current situation: Woohyun covering Sunggyu's eyes with his hands as he led him somewhere unfamiliar.

"Not as long as when you asked five seconds ago," Woohyun said and Sunggyu could hear the smile in his voice. "Don't worry, we're almost there."

"What is it?" Sunggyu asked as Woohyun started slowing down.

"Well, you can open your eyes now," Woohyun said as he lifted his hands from Sunggyu's eyes.

Sunggyu looked around at his surroundings and was amazed. They were at a restaurant and it was empty. It was also dark because there were blinds covering the window and the only sources of light were candles that were on tables around the place, and decorative lights hanging from the ceiling. There was only food on one table, and in the middle of the table was a vase of flowers.

"Woohyun," Sunggyu said when he examined the restaurant, "This is perfect."

"Thank you," Woohyun said as he smiled.

"Did you do this all by yourself?" Sunggyu asked as he walked towards the table in the center. He touched the flower petals, smiling to himself. Woohyun really did like him.

"Well kind of," Woohyun said as he ran his hand through his hair, "My mom helped with some of it."

"Your mom helped?" Sunggyu asked, looking at Woohyun. He didn’t think he was serious. If Woohyun were to get help wouldn’t he get help from Sungjong?

As if reading his mind, Woohyun answered his question, "Well Sungjong and Hoya are planning Dongwoo’s party, I don't know what Dongwoo's doing, and Sungyeol and Myungsoo are hanging out. Plus my family kind of owns this restaurant."

"Your family owns a restaurant?" Sunggyu asked, realizing there was a lot he didn’t know about Woohyun.

"Yeah," Woohyun says, "Well this is my grandparent’s restaurant." Woohyun then rushed to Sunggyu’s side, pulling out a chair for him, "Sit down."

"Thank you," Sunggyu said, sitting down as Woohyun walked over to the other side of the table and sat down. Sunggyu had to get used to Woohyun’s romantic side. "But why would you bring me to a restaurant when we just ate?" He asked the question, thinking about the lunch they had at school not even two hours ago.

"Well, its ice cream," Woohyun said looking down at the dessert on his plate, "I really wanted to do this for you while my grandparents were out of town so they wouldn’t embarrass me."

"They’d embarrass you?" Sunggyu asked, amused at the thought of it.

"Yes," Woohyun said as he pushed a bowl of ice cream to Sunggyu, "Eat up. I made it myself."

"You made the ice cream yourself?" Sunggyu asked, smiling at Woohyun.

"Well I scooped it out of the container and put it in the bowl, but it’s pretty much the same thing," Woohyun said as he shrugged, making Sunggyu laugh.

"I’d say you’re a professional," Sunggyu said as he took a bite, "You’d be famous doing this as a career when you grow up."

"I’ll open my own ice cream scooping shop," Woohyun said as he smiled towards Sunggyu, "You can work with me. We’d make a fortune."

"Right, because people don’t want to scoop their own ice cream?" Sunggyu asked.

"It’s a hassle," Woohyun said, "It takes skill."

"I bet," Sunggyu said as he took another bite of his ice cream, "So, this is officially our second date."

"I’ve been keeping track," Woohyun said, "I really liked our first date at the beach, that was fun."

"It really was," Sunggyu said as he smiled at Woohyun remembering the eventful day.

"You do need to get your phone fixed though," Woohyun said as he started eating, "I have no way of contacting you from after-school to school the next day."

"I bet you’re suffering from that, too," Sunggyu said.

Woohyun nodded, "It’s horrible. So get your phone fixed even though I broke it. No wait, I have a better plan."

"What is it?" Sunggyu asked as Woohyun got up from his seat and rushed to the back of the restaurant. Sunggyu just sat there staring at Woohyun’s empty seat. He liked Woohyun more than he thought he did- Woohyun was perfect. He didn’t understand how someone like Woohyun would like someone like him. Well, he did set them up on the website. He made a mental note to go home and attempt to delete it. He’ll probably need Myungsoo’s help.

"I’m back," Woohyun said as he walked to the table, hiding something behind his back.

"What is it?" Sunggyu asked, trying to look behind Woohyun’s back.

"Close your eyes," Woohyun said as Sunggyu closed his eyes. What was Woohyun’s surprise this time?

"You can open them now," Woohyun said, smiling like an idiot. Sunggyu opened his eyes to see a present being shoved in his face. He took the box and looked at the wrapping; there was a bow on top of the present.

"Nice bow," Sunggyu said, playing with the bow.

"My mom wrapped it," Woohyun said with a hint of embarrassment, "Just open it!"

Sunggyu opened the present and inside was a sleek, new smart phone. It was the new Samsung Galaxy 4 that everybody wanted.

"Woohyun, you didn’t have to do this," Sunggyu said as he took his new phone into his hands

"I felt bad because I broke your other phone," Woohyun said,"I hope you like it."

"I love it," Sunggyu said, "And you didn’t break my phone."

"Yeah, yeah," Woohyun said, whipping out his new phone, "Look! We have matching phones!"

"Thank you, Woohyun," Sunggyu said as he smiled, getting up to hug Woohyun.

"You’re welcome," Woohyun said as he leaned forward and planted a kiss on Sunggyu’s lips.


"Do you guys know where Hoya is?" Dongwoo asked when he saw Myungsoo and Sungyeol after-school at their lockers.

"No," Sungyeol said as he closed his locker, "I thought he was hanging out with Sungjong."

"Yeah, but that makes no sense," Dongwoo said as he tried thinking about it, "They don't really like each other. They are totally different from each other, too."

"Maybe they have more in common than you think," Myungsoo said.

"Yeah, I don't see that happening," Dongwoo said.

"Well, I don't know where he is," Sungyeol lied, "Sorry."

"I'm not stupid," Dongwoo said, "They're probably planning for my birthday party."

"Your birthday is coming up?" Myungsoo asked, looking confused even though he already knew the answer.

"Yeah it's the twenty-second," Dongwoo said, looking from Sungyeol and Myungsoo, "Maybe they aren't planning it."

"It's okay Dongwoo," Sungyeol said as he patted Dongwoo on the back, "I'm sure if you call Hoya he'll ditch Jongie for you."

"You know what, I will," Dongwoo said as he smiled and went to walk out of the school.

"Wait!" Myungsoo said as Dongwoo stopped and turned around to look at him, "How about you don't call Hoya to ditch Sungjong. If you do, Sungjong will follow Sungyeol and I wherever we go."

Dongwoo laughed, "Right, your third wheel."

"Don't remind me," Myungsoo said.

"I won't do that then, just for you," Dongwoo said as he smiled, "I'll just spend the night alone."

"Will you really?" Sungyeol asked, feeling bad for his friend.

"No," Dongwoo said as he laughed, "I'm going to hang out with L. Joe or something."

"Oh, okay," Sungyeol said, "Have fun tonight!"

"See you!" Dongwoo exclaimed as he finished walking out of the school, waving back towards his friends.

"What are you thinking of doing?" Sungyeol asked as he smiled at Myungsoo.

"I don't know," Myungsoo said as he shrugged, "I'm sure we can walk around and think of something."

"Sounds good," Sungyeol said as he followed Myungsoo out of the school.

"What do you think the others are dong?" Myunsoo asked as they walked down the school steps.

"Hoya and Sungjong are probably disagreeing over the party," Sungyeol said, "Woohyun has a special date planned for Sunggyu, and Dongwoo just told us he is going to hang out with L. Joe."

"And we're still figuring out what we want to do," Myungsoo said.

Sungyeol held Myungsoo's hand as they walked down the street through the fall weather. There were red and orange leaves decorating the side walk, and trees were swaying with the cool breeze.

"I'm glad you decided to be my boyfriend," Sungyeol said as he smiled, resting his head on Myungsoo's shoulder even though he was taller than his boyfriend.

"Me too," Myungsoo said, giving Sungyeol's hand a little squeeze, "And I'm happy that we are finally alone."

"Jongie isn't that bad," Sungyeol said as he smiled towards Myungsoo, "Well... maybe just a little."

"We need to find him a date," Myungsoo said.

"Who did you have in mind?" Sungyeol asked.

"I don't know," Myungsoo said as he his lips, "We'll hook him up with someone on the woollimhighlovers site."

"And how will we do that?" Sungyeol asked.

"Easy," Myungsoo said, being careful not to reveal anything about the website that he didn't want Sungyeol to know, "Just get him to go on more dates."

"We should do that," Sungyeol said, "I know his password and username. How about I log in and we can just hook him up with someone we have in mind."

"Well it's randomized," Myungsoo said, "So the computer chooses the date for him."

"That's right," Sungyeol said. "Who do you think the weirdest date would be with Sungjong?"

"Yongguk," Myungsoo said, "That would definitely be interesting."

"That's true," Sungyeol said, "He'd be perfect with Key."

"Kibum?" Myungsoo asked as he laughed, "They are the perfect couple!"

"Exactly," Sungyeol said as they reached downtown where there were a lot of shops. Sungyeol looked around and saw a familiar restaurant. "Hey look at that restaurant," He said as he pointed at it.

"It's very nice," Myungsoo said. It wasn't huge, but it was medium sized. It was very decorative on the outside. It was painted red, which was the color of good luck. He had recognized it because he walked past it almost everyday and it was always packed with people.

"Yeah, that's Woohyun's family's restaurant," Sungyeol said.

"Why is it closed today?" Myungsoo asked.

"Beats me," Sungyeol said as he peaked through one of the blinds, seeing two familiar people. "Well, Woohyun and Sunggyu are having a romantic date."

"Let me see," Myungsoo said as he looked and saw Woohyun give something to Sunggyu, but he couldn't make out any facial expressions.

"That looks like a very romantic date," Sungyeol said, "Although Woohyun's greasiness is too much sometimes."

"Not for Sunggyu," Myungsoo said as he stepped away and smiled. His friend was getting what he wanted- Woohyun. Now he had to get what he wanted. "Sungyeol, let's go back to my house and get Sungjong a date."


Author's note: Sorry for not updating for so long. I have had so much to do for school. I'm going to try and update more frequently, I have some new ideas for this story! Thank you for reading, subscribing, and commenting <3. I really do love you guys! And I'm very, very, very sorry again.