Chapter Nine

The Dating Game

"Why didn't you answer my calls or texts all weekend?" Hoya asked as he stopped at Sunggyu's locker on Monday morning.

"What?" Sunggyu asked as he looked at Hoya while taking out the textbooks he needed for his next class, "Oh, my phone broke."

"What do you mean it broke?" Hoya asked, "How was your date with Woohyun?"

"Well the date was awesome," Sunggyu said as he closed his locker, "And Woohyun is very nice. Maybe nice isn't the correct word, he is very romantic. We went to the beach. But I went into the water with my jeans on, and of course my phone was in my jeans, so that's how it broke."

"Are you two going to have another date?" Hoya asked as he and Sunggyu started walking around the busy school hallway to find Myungsoo.

"Yep," Sunggyu said while smiling.

"When?" Hoya asked.

"This weekend I would assume. He never gave a specific date though," Sunggyu said, "He's really busy on school days. But how was your date with Dongwoo?"

"It was okay," Hoya said as he shrugged.

"Are you going to keep dating other people?" Sunggyu asked, "For fun?"

"Nope," Hoya said, "Dongwoo kind of asked me out so I guess we're going out now. And since your phone was broken you wouldn't know that Myungsoo and Sungyeol are officially dating."

"Seriously?" Sunggyu asked.

"Yep," Hoya said as they stopped walking, "And look who it is."

Right then Sunggyu spotted Myungsoo and Sungyeol walking their way, and they weren't alone. Sungjong was right at their side, as it seemed like he always was now.

"So now that Myungsoo and Sungyeol are dating, does that mean Sungjong comes as a package deal?" Sunggyu asked with an amused tone as he watched them walk up to him and Hoya.

"I guess so," Hoya said as he gave a little laugh.

"Hey guys," Myungsoo said as he reached them.

"I heard you two are now dating," Sunggyu said as he smiled towards Myungsoo and Sungyeol, "And so are Dongwoo and Hoya."

"Yep," Sungyeol said as he threw an arm around Myungsoo.

"Did you also hear that Dongwoo and Hoya kissed?" Myungsoo asked.

"Really?" Sunggyu asked as he looked towards Hoya.

"Must have slipped my mind," Hoya said as he shrugged.

"Uh huh," Sunggyu said, unconvinced. But he wasn't surprised, Hoya wasn't the kind of guy who liked to share about his love life.

"Oh, and there he is," Sungyeol said as he waved his arms towards someone who was behind Sunggyu and Hoya. 

"Hey," Dongwoo said as he walked up to them, putting an arm around Hoya's shoulder.

"Hey," Hoya said as he smiled towards Dongwoo.

"Where is Woohyun?" Sungjong asked, looking bored.

Sunggyu silently thanked Sungjong for asking the question he wanted to ask, but he was also wondering where Woohyun was. Class was about to start in two minutes.

"You know Woohyun," Dongwoo said as he smiled towards Sungjong.

"Ah," Sungjong said as he nodded and smiled back.

"Where is he?" Sunggyu asked.

"Oh, sorry," Dongwoo said, "Woohyun takes forever to get ready. He always comes to school late, but it's okay because all the teachers love him."

"I'm not surprised," Hoya said.

"He has a whole routine," Sungyeol said as he laughed.

"He wakes up late, also," Dongwoo said.

"So do you," Sungjong said as he studied Dongwoo, "I'm surprised you even make it to school on time."

"Me too," Dongwoo said as he laughed.

"Now that Sungyeol and Myungsoo and Hoya and Dongwoo are dating, we should all eat lunch together," Sungjong said as he smiled.

"How old are we, ten?" Hoya asked.

"I think it sounds like a great idea," Sungyeol said as he smiled wide.

"Thank you, Sungyeol," Sungjong said.

"What do you think?" Sungyeol asked as he nudged Myungsoo, who had been silent during the whole conversation.

"What?" Myungsoo asked as he came back to reality.

"We're eating lunch together!" Sungjong exclaimed.

"Great," Myungsoo said as the first bell rang, signaling the start of school.

"I have to go all the way to the other side of the building," Sungyeol said as he checked his phone at the time. He then grabbed Myungsoo's arm, "Let's go Myungie!"

"I'll walk with you guys," Sungjong said as he trailed behind them.

"Sungjong is a little ," Hoya muttered.

"Poor Myungsoo," Sunggyu said as he laughed, "He must be having fun."

"It's like he's dating two people," Dongwoo said. "But my class is also on the other side of the school. I just didn't want to walk with them. I'll catch you later?"

"Yep," Hoya said as Dongwoo smiled towards him and then walked away.

"I think we've just been ditched," Sunggyu joked.

"For school, nevertheless," Hoya said as he smiled towards Sunggyu, "Let's go. My class is right by yours."

"Okay," Sunggyu said as he and Hoya started walking to the language arts section of the school, "What do you think of Woohyun?"

"I don't really know him," Hoya said, "But what do you think of Dongwoo."

"I don't really know him," Sunggyu said as he shrugged, "But I think you two are a good match."

"What about Myungsoo and Sungyeol? Or shall I say Myungsoo, Sungyeol, and Sungjong?" Hoya asked as he laughed.

"That is a one of a kind relationship right there," Sunggyu said as someone jumped right in front of him, making him jump back.  

"Hey," Woohyun said, holding something behind his back.

"Uh, hey," Sunggyu said as he smiled, relieved that it was Woohyun but embarrassed that he had previously jumped back and been scared.

"I had a good time on our date Friday," Woohyun said as he pulled flowers from behind his back, "These are for you."

"Thank you," Sunggyu said as he smiled widely, taking the flowers from Woohyun.

"Our next date is on Friday," Woohyun said, "I'll have something special planned."

"When do you not?" Hoya asked.

Woohyun shrugged, "I just want Sunggyu to have fun."

"Thank you," Sunggyu said again, still smiling widely at Woohyun.

"Sunggyu," Hoya said as he nudged Sunggyu, "Gyu."

"What?" Sunggyu asked, adverting his attention from Woohyun to Hoya.

"We're late to first period," Hoya said as the tardy bell rang.

"Crap," Sunggyu said as he turned towards Woohyun, "I have to go."

"Of course," Woohyun said as he smiled, "Well, I'll see you at lunch."


"Uhm, guys," Myungsoo said as he, Hoya, and Sunggyu were sitting down on the grass on the front lawn of the school at lunch, "Do you guys know that Sungjong has a blog?"

"Doesn't surprise me," Hoya said as he looked towards Sunggyu, "Does it surprise you?"

"Not one bit," Sunggyu said looking at Myungsoo, "Let me guess, it's a gossip blog."

"Yes, but he's talking about our website," Myungsoo said.

"Really?" Hoya asked, "And why does that matter?"

"Because we don't want to get caught with a school dating site," Myungsoo said, "That's why."

"But who is going to know we made it?" Sunggyu asked.

"That's true," Hoya said, "So we're safe."

"Although, now that we're all dating should we delete the website?" Sunggyu asked.

"No," Myungsoo said, "That would be too suspicious. Also technically you and Woohyun aren't dating."

"I need to get Woohyun to ask me to be his boyfriend now," Sunggyu said as he sighed.

"Yes, plus do you really think Woohyun is going to find out?" Hoya asked, "I mean seriously."

"Find out what?" Woohyun asked as he walked up towards the boys.

"Find out that... uh-" Sunggyu didn't know what to say as he glared towards Hoya.

"Find out that Sunggyu broke his phone on your date and can't return your calls," Hoya said as he smiled innocently towards Woohyun.

"Oh, I know," Woohyun said as he sat down by Sunggyu, "Sorry about that."

"I needed a new one anyway," Sunggyu said as he smiled towards Woohyun.

"Glad to help," Woohyun said as he smiled.

"Hey," Sungjong said as he and Sungyeol walked up from behind Woohyun. He and Sungyeol then sat down beside Myungsoo, "Did you know that Dongwoo's birthday is coming up?" Sungjong asked Hoya.

"Duh," Hoya said, "I'm smarter than you think."

"Wow," Sungjong said, "You never fail to surprise me."

Hoya gave a smug smile towards Sungjong as he faced Sunggyu, "When is Dongwoo's birthday?" Hoya mouthed towards Woohyun and Sunggyu as Sungjong became engrossed in a conversation with Myungsoo.

Sunggyu just gave a shrug as Woohyun mouthed back, "November twenty-second."

"When is it?" Sunggyu asked as he turned towards Woohyun.

"Next weekend," Woohyun said, "November twenty-second."

"Ah, so does that mean we have to throw a party for him?" Sunggyu asked, "Unless he's throwing one himself."

"We have a tradition of throwing him surprise birthday parties," Woohyun said, "I guess we can't call them surprise anymore. But we'll be doing that again this year."

"I see," Sunggyu said. "So who is all going?"

"Hey guys," Woohyun said as everybody gave their attention to Woohyun, "Dongwoo's birthday is next weekend, as everyone knows, and we're going to throw him a surprise birthday party."

"What are we doing?" Myungsoo asked.

"Well basically we just show up and help Sungjong." Woohyun said, "he usually plans it and we decorate it. We also buy the cake and everything."

"I have great plans for this year," Sungjong said as he smiled widely.

"But I think this year should be a little different," Woohyun said as he smiled towards Hoya, "I want Hoya to plan it."

"What?" Hoya asked, "Why me?"

"Because you're his boyfriend," Myungsoo said.

"But I really like decorating and planning!" Sungjong exclaimed, "Please! Hoya doesn't even want to do it."

"That's right," Hoya said, "Can't I just show up?"

"Nope," Woohyun said, "But you can have Sungjong help you plan it."

"Yes!" Sungjong said as he smiled widely at Hoya, "I'm so excited."

"Great," Hoya said. Working with Sungjong was going to be interesting. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: Sorry for the delay... I love all readers <3 subscribers <3 and commenters <3. I'm sorry, wifey and I love you, Kay <3 :). And Woohyun's birthday is the 8th so Happy early Birthday to him.