Ms. Park Taeyeon

Fallen In Love With My Chinese Tutor

 

I suddenly woke up due to someone shaking me.
"Kaitlyn wake up. Kaitlyn. Wake up." I awoke to Taemin's soothing voice. 
"What is it?" I said as I rubbed my eyes.
"Kaitlyn, the police need to talk to you. They finally got your parents out of the car."
I suddenly jerked. I thought it was all a nightmare...
"Oh... okay."
 
 
I got up along with Taemin, bracing myself for what is about to happen next.
Great, I woke up to a nightmare. I saw the SUV and my parents' car get towed away by the tow truck. The paramedics ushered Taemin and I over to the ambulance where they put my parents. I squeezed Taemin's hand, ready to see their bodies.
Apparently I was not ready. I broke down crying, screaming out their names. Taemin tried calming me down once more, but I was in so much pain just looking at them. When the paramedics had to take them away, a woman about the same age as my mother came up to Taemin and I.
"You're Kaitlyn Wu right?"
I nodded my head.
"Hello. I'm Park Taeyeon. I work at an adoption agency and am good friends with your mother. I came to tell you that you were adopted. Your real family lives China. If you would like to meet them I'd be more than happy to take you there."
I stood still in shock. I just met this woman, and she's telling me I'm adopted?
"Wait, you are friends with my adopted mother or real mother?"
"Both."
I stood there wondering if I should trust this woman.
"Um... Ms. Park, how long were you and my moms been friends?"
She replied as a tear dropped. "Well your moms and i have been friends since forever! Your adoptive mother was a really nice person. She was a very bright person."
There is one thing that has been bothering me though. I don't know know if I should ask her this though...
"Why did my mom leave me to her friend? Did she not like me?"
Ms. Park chuckles, leaving me confused. "Only your mom can answer that."
 
 
She leaves after that, quickly handing me her business card. I am still left confused. My face probably shown my confusion.
 
 Taemin! I forgot that he is bedside me. No peep came out of him the whole time.
 
 
I looked over to see how he was doing. He was surprised. But it seemed like he was too surprised. I know Taemin better than anyone else... He is acting. PSH! Taemin, you cannot fool me!
"You knew already didn't you?" Seeing his facial expression changed, I knew that I was correctamundo.
He scratched his head and finally gave the answer I was 101% sure he was going to give to me. 
"Yes. I knew. Please don't get mad at me. Pwease! Pwetty pwease!" Grr. Not again with your baby voices.
"I won't get mad. But why did you hide this information from me? This is my life we are talking about. Why didn't mom and dad- I mean, my adoptive parents tell me?! I have been living my life without my actual mom and dad!" I bursted. I know that Taemin is probably scared of me and my temper right now.
"I just... Didn't want to get you scared."
"Still though! This is my life we are talking about." I sighed and tried to calm myself. After all, Taemin thought that I might have reacted worse if I knew sooner. I could have went on a frenzy search for my real family. But really. I need to find my true family.
 
 
We stood there in silence for quite a while. Until we were escorted out of the scene by policemen.
 
 
"So now what? I have no family right now." I felt a tear drop as I said that. No family, eh? I heard a voice in my mind. Except for the one that abandoned you! I shook my head. I shouldn't be thinking this way. I really shouldn't. I shook my head. I felt disgusted thinking that way. My family probably had a reason for giving me up.
 
Taemin noticed my awkward facial expressions as I was talking to myself.
"Hey... You alright? Have you gone crazy?" He chuckled. Is this the time to be laughing?
I smiled at him. "Yes I have." I glared at him basically telling him to just shush and let me think. He should know that it is not a good time to be joking.
 
A.N woot woot 200 views~ thank you so much especially to our first subscriber, HuangZiPanda! Oh and we changed the name of the main character and her sister.