The Mysterious Man

Fallen In Love With My Chinese Tutor

"Kaitlyn... We are here now."

I kept silent thinking of the possibilities, my eyes still closed. Could they have flipped over? Hit on the side? What else is there? I rethink what the man told me... "They died on the spot". Could it have been that bad? It is no fender-bender then.


I open my eyes and is introduced to the chaos. The man was right. My parents' blood stained the ground, the car pinned to a light pole by a white SUV. Paramedics everywhere, rushing. I started breaking down again, but was interrupted by a man about middle aged.
"Hello Ms. Wu, I called you earlier informing you about your parents. The police and paramedics cannot take them out of the car for you to inspect, it will take awhile longer."
Taemin just stares at me, waiting for my reaction. I turn to him and tears start to form in my eyes. Instead of singing this time, he pulled me into a hug. I started to sob into his chest.

"Why Taemin? Why does it have to be this way?" I whispered, my face still in his chest.

"Shhh. It's okay Kaitlyn. Calm down."

His warmth calmed me a bit, but I still had tears slowly flowing down my cheeks.


Suddenly a thought hit me. Who was the person driving? Could they have been drunk? What if they were a family friend? Female or male? Are they okay? Did they intentionally hit my parents?


In the background, I can hear the police and a man argue. I couldn't make out what they were arguing about, my thoughts had drowned out most of the sound around me.

Taemin and I suddenly heard the man shouting at the police officer, so i turned my head to look at them.


"I am not drunk okay! What is up with people thinking that drinking and driving is every single cause or situation in a car crash. I told you already! I am not drunk! This is what happened, he drove a red light. I thought he was stopping and just as he completely stopped, he floored it. He went as fast as he could. That is when he hit me."

"But sir, how come the car is pinned to the pole by YOUR car? Not yours pinned by his?"


Taemin and I just continued to stare at them bickering. It finally clicked into my mind that the person who said they got hit was lying.
As I walked up to the police officer, I screamed "He is lying! Ahjussi, how can you believe this creature?! He killed my parents!"
"Haha" the middle aged man laughed sarcastically "how can you believe this little kid! She is a mere 12 year old."
"Sir! I am not 12, I am 18. I am not a little kid!! My parents are dead and you killed them! How can you blame them for hitting you when THEY'RE dead?!!" I cannot believe this guy! He cannot be saying this. I was about to punch him real good in the face, but Taemin pulled me back.


"Calm down Kaitlyn. He probably doesn't want to admit that he really is drunk." I knew that Taemin was probably right.
"Okay okay." They should be getting my parents out by now. As I was about to leave, the man who killed my parents smirked at me. He can think that he has won, but I will get the truth behind this situation.


I went to an alley next to the bank with Taemin. I can't stand the sight of my parents' blood. So much blood everywhere, I started to get a bit dizzy. I slammed my back hard against the wall, hoping that it will give me support. I let a sigh out. I slid down from the wall into a squatting position after the dizziness cleared. I covered my face with my hands. Why is this happening now? Why so suddenly?


Taemin also came over and sat down next to me. He told me to sit down properly on my rear end. He explained that if I sit like that, I would end up having a hunched back. Of course, I did what I was told to. I put my head on his shoulder and cried. Taemin grabbed my right hand and intertwined it with his hand.
"It's okay Kaitlyn. I will be here by your side." I cried even more. Taemin is the only guy that I can trust and care for, really. He is like a big brother brother to me. He is the person I go to when I need someone to talk to. Not my parents, but Taemin.


After crying for a long time, I felt my eyes get heavy. My vision became blurred and then dimmed until it reached darkness.

 

------------------

Thank you everyone who is reading this story so far! We will try to update about every week....  <3 love you all! <3