Swollen

Masquerade

 

 

In effort to ignore him, she went to kitchen and smells something nice. Two bowls of piping hot mushroom soup were placed nicely on the counter with two cups of coffee Joonmyun brought earlier.  “Joonmyun…what is..this?” Joonmyun walk towards her while munching on biscuit. “Breakfast?” He replied happily. “Where do you get..those?” He pointed at cabinet and fridge, which makes her wonder. “I took mushroom soup can and milk there. Haha you’re not angry right?” He keep laughing and she can’t help herself to question him again.

“You cook?”

“Not really, but got instruction behind the can.”

“No..what I mean is…you really cook AT MY HOUSE?”

“Again babe, you said to make myself comfy. So I did. Let’s eat first. I don’t like my student getting hungry.”

“I must say..I’m quite impressed with you.”

“Wow for what? For being the most awesome guy you ever met?” His sweet smile plastered across his face, but she keeps her I’m-going-to-puke face.

“No, for being over-COMFY at someone house.” She scoffed, and it makes Joonmyun frown.

“You know you hurt my feelings……”

“Oh please Joonmyun, don’t make that face. You know I don’t care. We are not even close.”

He brings his face closer to her face, and whispers softly. “Is this close enough baby?” He smirked suddenly and her breathing speed up due to close proximity between Joonmyun and herself. Her hand move up to his cheek and she begin to smile. “Joonmyun ah…..” She could see Joonmyun getting all excited with her unexpected but she tries to remain calm. “Yes?...” His husky voice makes her shiver and she quickly pinches his cheek to stop dragging this madness between them. “Ah ah ahhhh babyyyyyy it hurtssss stop stop!” She laughed and stops doing it after several minutes. “Haha your face is fun to watch when you’re in pain. I love it!” Joonmyun winced in pain and stare at her intently.  “Baaaaaaaaby this is mental problem! You can’t be happy watching people in pain!” She chuckles loudly and yanks Joonmyun’s grey turtleneck shirt when she saw Joonmyun sulk a little.

Arasso, I’m sorry okay? Now let’s eat. I’m hungry.”

He pouted, and keeps his face away from looking at her. His palm slowly rubs his reddened cheek and nothing comes out from his mouth. Guilt feeling creeps in her skin as he constantly keeps himself silent, which makes her flabbergasted.

Joonmyun…you’re such a BIG BABY!

“Joonmyun ah…is it that hurt? Sorry..” She can’t help herself from being concern as he keeps pushing away her hand when she tried to touch his cheek. She went to small cabinet and took out a small handkerchief when she crumple it up and blow out her breath towards to make it warm. After that she walks towards statue-like Joonmyun and pats his shoulder.

“Hey…I said I’m sorry…” He slowly nudged her hand from his shoulder and pouted even more. She giggles watching how childish he could be. Looking at how hard headed he is now, she quickly pulls away his hand and touch his cheek softly. Conscience strikes inside her when she saw his swollen red cheek.

No wonder he’s angry. I did it with too much awesome power. I’m awesome.

She blows hot breath again towards crumpled handkerchief and start dab his cheek slowly to reduce the swell. “Joonmyun…forgive me?” She tried to talk to him with the softest voice she ever used, as she’s not usually talk that way, but considering she’s at fault for pinching him too hard, she gave up her egotistical self for moment. She keeps repeating the process until the swell reduces a little bit. “We gonna put some cream later okay?” She put away the handkerchief and slightly touches his cheek again. “Don’t pout, you look ugly Joonmyun ah.” Her smile flashes brightly and Joonmyun can’t himself from hugging her. She was shocked from his impulsive gesture but she just let him be.

“I’m going to fine you for ruining my handsome face.” She pulls out a smile as he starts talking again.  Finally he’s talking to me…thank god! He scares me like hell.. “Handsome face? Where? I don’t see any.” She acted like she’s examining his face and laugh abruptly. He begins to pout again and squeeze her tightly than before. “I CAN’T BREATHEEEEEE URGHHHH LEMME GO!” She yelped noisily and it only makes him hugged her more.

“Not until you apologize and promise to feed me with that soup. Feed with care and love. Agree?” She forcefully nodded her head and his lips curved into smile again. “Baaaaby you’re so cute I love youuu so much!” Joonmyun gleefully pat her back and laugh cutely.

=__=” Joonmyun, you’re sick…real sick.

Now I have to feed this big baby.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

After five hours of pure torture, she finally gave up. She ruffles her hair crazily and occasionally banging her head on study table. All the exercises given by Joonmyun absolutely freaking her mind out.

“Baby, you alright?”

“How do I look?”

“Hmmm…messed up?”

“Now you’re getting answer to your question. Can we stop…now?”

“We are not halfway through yet.” He raised his eyebrow, with his finger flipping through the pages and his gaze fixed at her disturbed face.

“This is Mat-hell-matic……please don’t make me eat this book. I had enough today.”

“Awww poor my baby. Okay we will continue next week.”

“SERIOUSLY NEXT WEEK? I thought this torture end today??"

“Yes, and make sure you wake up earlier next week. It’s tiring to wait outside. What time omma is coming home?”

“You’re such an old man Joonmyun. She texted me, maybe on 6..why?”

“6? That late? Fine I will fix you lunch okay?” Joonmyun quickly get up and walk to the kitchen. In seconds she joined him there, helping him to open cabinets and looking for any edible foods for their lunch. “Nothing much….maybe we should order instead?” He his hair slowly while looking at her. “Uh Joonmyun, its okay. I can cook ramyeon. No big deal. You probably should go home…I bet you’re tired.” He slowly pats her head which makes her look at him, surprised. “My baby is not going to eat that kind of food when I’m here.”  Both of them looked at each other, and smile warmly. She always questioned the way Joonmyun treated her, but instead of getting weird ideas, she assured herself that he acts the same way towards other people too. Being loner before definitely not helping her at all when it comes to initiating affectionate friendship, especially with male friend. He sometimes annoyed her too much, but she could feel his warm gestures all over.

“You wait here, I’ll go buy some groceries okay?” He’s walking to the door when she suddenly pulled his shirt. “Take this money, omma left some for my lunch anyway.” She said while trying to put the money onto his palm but he keeps pushing away. “It’s okay, I’m not going to buy expensive thing anyway.”  She feels uncomfortable to let him pay for everything so she keeps attempting to give him the money. Their hands touched and seconds of weird moment engulfed them. It hits her hard and she quickly pulls away her hand. “Take..them..please? You’re doing too much already….” She quivers under deep gaze of his warm eyes, and finally he took the money from her.  

“I’m taking this because you insisted.” He smiles while shoving the money inside his pocket. Before going out, he cupped her face and kisses her forehead. “Will be back soon, wait for me okay baby?” Her mind went completely blank and only snapped out when she hears door closed. “Joon....Joonmyun I TOLD YOU NOT TO KISS ME AGAIN!” She shouts loudly only when she realized, Joonmyun already went to shop. She sighes heavily while locking the door. Unknowingly, she touches her forehead.

 

This is madness. Totally.

 

A/N: Guiseeee thank you for reading T.T *throws confetti*