First Day

Masquerade

 

She woke up with puffy face and her mom's nagging. Mom was super excited when she told her that she's going to attend school starting today. She made the decision half-consciously, after the incident with Phantom guy. She started to regret it when mom dragged her to school for registration and stuffs for couple of days. 

 

"............can I just start...another month?" Mom yelped in surprise and started her free morning lectures without single intention to stop. She begin to drown her head in pillows, trying to save her mental from being tortured. "Don't you start now darling...JUST DON'T! Now wake up go to shower and get ready! I've prepared your lunch in kitchen counter so don't forget that too!" Her mom's nagging tucked into her ears sharply like knife, even she's already tried to cover her head as much as possible. 

 

"Omma..don't have to...nag....fine..." She groggily woke up and ruffles her hair like crazy. It's been long time since she woke up early in morning. She doesn't like it, and definitely hating it right now. "Can't I just have..home-schooling?" Mom stared at her, and shook at her as sign of disapproval. 

 

I can't believe I'm going to school. I must've been possessed. I'm crazy. Absolutely insane. 

 

After mom dropped her in front of school gate, she just standing there lifelessly. Her feet told her to move, but her head said otherwise. After some game of paper-rock-scissor with herself, she decided to give school a try today. She slowly walk to her new class, Class C1 after being directed by lady at Registration Office. 

 

Huge sigh ran out from her lips once she saw how chaotic and hectic the class was. The homeroom teacher was at front, obviously being ignored by some naughty-looking students but she just don't give a damn. She strut into the class, and the noise lowered down suddenly. The teacher gave her confused look before start smiling.

 

"Ah class, I forgot. This is new student, please help her out and no stupid jokes alright?" All the students clapped their hands and loudly scream in unison 'YES MS HEE!'. She introduced herself and spun her head around to look for empty seat. "Dear, you can sit next to Joonmyun. Joonmyun, raise your hand, let her copy class schedule too." She turned her head from looking at Ms Hee and exchanged looks with a cool-looking-and-smirking guy named Joonmyun, which frantically waving his hand right now at the back of class. 

 

Am I seriously stuck with this madness? SERIOUSLY?

 

She gulped terribly as everyone is looking at her now. As she reached seat next to Joonmyun, he pulled out the chair and smile. "Hi girl, welcome to the seat next to y King Joonmyun!" His statement caused huge laughter in class, including the teacher. "Joonmyun, don't ." Ms Hee warned him once she came back to her sense. "At your command my beautiful Ms Hee." Once again the class broke with laughter and she could see her blushed. Oh god, what the hell is wrong with this Joonmyun guy?

 

But he looked familiar.

 

She ignored her self talk and plopped down her bag on floor, while taking seat next to him. Slowly she pulled out notebook from her bag and softly knocking Joonmyun's table. "Hey, can I borrow your schedule?" He looked at her, grabs her notebook and jot down something before returning it back.

 

y Joonmyun: Your horoscope? ;D

 

What in freaking mind he think he's doing.............?

 

She decided to reply, as this might be his way to 'know each other'. She quickly put the book in front of him after noting down her answer.

 

Not-so-y me: Yours first. Can I just borrow your schedule? =_="

 

He chuckles while reading her reply. She tapped her pen impatiently on table, waiting for him to give either her book back or his schedule, or both. Ms Hee shouted from front of class, asking her to stop tapping loudly. She apologized and glare at Joonmyun. He flashes his bright smile and gives back her book. The paper chat went on just like that as Ms Hee is busy checking answer sheets at her table. All students are doing their own study now.

 

I-think-you-look-good: Take a guess. One wrong answer one punishment. 

You-dont-have-to-mock-me: You can't be dead serious. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

I'm-not-mocking-you: You can't be dead serious using that emoticon. We are on papers, not phone O.O

Whatever-King-Kong: Can't help it. I beg to differ. Schedule please?

I'm-ier-than-that-hairy-animal: Don't flip table girl. ┬─┬ ノ( ^_^ノ) Not nice.

Human-are-animal-too: I just need that damn schedule! (╯°Д°)╯︵ /(.□ . \) *flipping you*

But-not-that-hairy: You're mean. Sing for me. し(*・∀・)/\(・∀・*) ///

You-SURE?: What the heck Joonmyun? Weird emoticon by the way.

Sure-that-I'm-dead-y: It's high five. Haha cute is it? But it looks like you and I were dancing :D Let me kiss you once and I'll give you the schedule. <3333 DEAL?

 

She was suprised with Joonmyun's message that she really wants to scold him when suddenly a soft lips pressed against her cheek. Her eyes bulged and she automatically screamed her heart out when he did that. "YAHHHHHHHHHH PABO!! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND???" She stand up and now everyone in class is cheering her up. She's having thought that she's really going to punch Joonmyun in face if she heard another cheer for her. Her blood boiled, and what annoyed her most, he just keep smiling innocently.

 

Why everyone suddenly kissed me nowadays? First Phantom, now Joonmyun? Do I stick somewhere in my face "THIS CHEEK NEED A KISS"??? I THINK NOT!

 

"Oh god. CLASS KEEP QUIET!!! Girl, follow me. NOW!" Ms Hee screamed again. She just can't believe that's she's getting problem on first day of school and again, she send death glare to Joonmyun, whom apparently ignoring her, as he keep his eyes glued to their paper chat on her book again. She throw away her pen and lazily followed Ms Hee outside. 

 

"Girl what's wrong with you?" Ms Hee questioned her once they got into teacher's lounge. "Ms Hee I'm sorry, it's just Joonmyun...." Her reply was cut short as Ms Hee interjected. "Joonmyun is good kid, just a little bit playful. You can just ignore him." Her jaw dropped at the hint of 'good kid' words that came out from Ms Hee's mouth. "Noted...so can I just go..now?" She looked at Ms Hee, hoping that she will just forgive her. "Sorry but no. Take bucket at girl's bathroom, fill in water and stand outside of class for an hour. If you're acting good, I will reduce it to half an hour."

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

She keeps looking down, embarassed with passerby who keeps watching her holding bucket filled with water outside the class. She knows they're judging her right now, but she couldn't care less. Her eyes grudgingly fixed on Joonmyun, who is now walking towards her with charming smile on his face. She gritted her teeth seeing a man who caused her misery right now. She tried to calm herself while Joonmyun stopped in front of her, smiling again. Slowly he put warm-colored sunflower inside her water bucket.

 

"What a pretty big vase!" He giggles and it makes her mad again.

 

Now he's calling this bucket..vase or is he calling me vase? DID HE JUST CALLED ME VASE??? HE'S NOT TALKING ABOUT THE BUCKET IS HE??

 

In split second, she saw Joonmyun with shocked face, with bucket on his head and water dripping down from his hair. Everyone in class started to circle around them, stunned with what just happened. She blinked her eyes million times, surprised with herself. She does have a temper, but she never harm anyone before.  Did I just...put water bucket on Joonmyun...did I?

 

"Babe, how could you? I'm just giving you flower!" Joonmyun pulled out the bucket from his head and shove sunflower stucked on his head towards her.

 

"Don't babe me! You're calling me.......vase!" She tried to defend herself loudly. 

 

They keep argumentating, and again their classmates are happily cheering for the fight. Once Ms Hee arrived, both of them were getting detention for causing mess. Now both of them are standing together outside class, holding two buckets each. They glared at each other but tried to remain still so that Ms Hee will let them go early. 

 

..what's wrong with my life...

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

She rubbed her hand, to ease down weariness due to holding heavy buckets for an hour. She saw Joonmyun doing the same thing. Only two of them left in class, as other students went home already. Again, they exchanged looks but no one said anything. He quickly seized his bag and start walking out from class. She felt relieved, as they don't have to say anything and it's such an awkward moment for her. She took her book on table when a piece of card fell down. 

 

Card?

 

Feeling curious, she picked up the card and start reading it.

 

Kaonashi.

You're mine.

 

- Phantom -