She Ain't Your Mom

Masquerade

 

The card fell down again lifelessly. Her first day at school is suppressing her brain from functioning normally, with weird classmates, teacher who shouts pretty much on everything, detention and now card from Phantom guy in her book. It scares her.

 

Never knew that he’s in same school with me.

Not that there’s any other school at this area anyway. Duhh…

I mean…how did he recognize me here? I’m wearing Kaonashi’s costume at the party and the only thing he could probably saw on me…my eyes, mouth and peep of nose. How on earth he possibly recognized me??

 

She tries to ignore all the creepy ideas crawled in her head and start packing her bag to go home. In glimpse she saw the sunflower that Joonmyun put inside her bucket, still lying on floor outside the class.  She leaned and picked the flower. She starts to wonder if Joonmyun didn’t have any bad intention at first. Voice of Ms Hee rang inside at that moment. Joonmyun is good kid, just little bit playful….

 

Ah to hell Joonmyun. I don’t like your so-called playful side. I’m not your toy.

 

Unintentionally, she put the flower inside her bag and walks home.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

She is on her way to knock the door when she heard her mom’s laughs. Since her laugh is audibly loud, she begins to wonder again.

 

Did Aunt Yeonga call omma? Or mom calls her? Or is she in our house now?

 

The third idea gave her so much goosebump. She contempt for awhile as she doesn’t like her aunt’s foul languages. She was once stayed with her aunt for a week and she thought she might sign her name up for mental institution.

 

Intended not to disturb her mom, she lazily pull out her keys. “Mom, I’m home.” She literally kicked her shoes off when suddenly her mom with happy face, standing in front of her. “I told you, you’re gonna make some friends when you go to school. Your friend is hilarious! He’s been waiting for you for 30 minutes already.”

 

Wait, what?

Friend?

He?

Who the freaking heck..?

 

She quickly run inside and her face changed like she is currently watching the most horror things ever today. Her jaw dropped when she witnessed Joonmyun sitting at their couch, sipping hot tea while looking at some old albums. “Hey girl, you’re home.” Joonmyun purely greeted her like nothing happened between them before. His signature smile still hanging on his lips which makes her heart thumping like mad. “You looked pretty….nerdy here.” He chuckles while looking through the old album, which she believed it was provided by her dearest mom to humiliate her like usual.

She brusquely grabbed and throws the albums somewhere else. He curtly looked at her but he keeps that innocent look on his face.  “What are you…” She tried to talk when Joonmyun cut her off. “…doing here? I’m sending you some new books Ms Hee asked me to.” Joonmyun replied and pointing at few books stationed on the table. “Why..how…I mean..when…” She hated it when she’s nervous. Her words came out stammered and Joonmyun looks like he’s trying hard not to laugh. “Ask me one by one, I’m not going to leave early babe.” He winked and she felt like she might kill someone after this.

 

just don’t babe me again.

 

She exhales deeply and took a seat in front of him. “Why are you sending me books? How did you know my house? When did you meet Ms Hee anyway? We’re both in detention!”  She yelled at him as her inside is still boiled with rage, however he still remain calm. Thud sound abruptly emerges in her house when her mom knocked her head with hefty dictionary.

 

“Ommaaaaaaaa!” She screamed painfully. Joonmyun can’t hide his surprised face and stand up inadvertently. “Omma? Er..I mean Auntie?” He blurted it out of the blue and she can’t help but to stare at him. Boyyyy she ain’t your mom! She rapidly brushed her head to ease the pain, and she can’t help her tears from pooling in corner of her eyes. Joonmyun looks worried as he keep silently muttering are you okay? at her. She winced in pain but managed to smile a little bit to assure him she’s alright. “Ommaaaaaaaaa what is that fooooooooor?” Her mom smiled and put dictionary aside. “Omma don’t like the way you talk to your new friend. Sorry Joonmyun, she could be hard headed sometimes.” She glares at Joonmyun. Every single bad thing happened to her today was all rooted from him. He could see him swallowing hard his saliva before nodding his head. “It’s okay omma. I mean auntie, sorry. I probably annoyed her…haha.” What’s wrong with him? Keep calling MY MOM OMMA???

 

“Darling, now apologize to our guest.”

 

AP-O-LO-GIZEEEEEEE?

If apologize means something like slapping him hard, I’ll apologize in blink omma.

 

Joonmyun cleared his throat again. “It’s okay omm.....Auntie. Well I guess I better be off now. Thanks for tea and albums Auntie, its fun.” For the first time, she felt like Joonmyun finally make a pretty brilliant move, to get out from her house. “Oh Joonmyun, just call me omma, you did that anyway. Nice to see you, do come to our house sometimes okay?” He gave mom the purest smile ever, bowed slightly and took his bag. “See you in school tomorrow.” He glanced at her and smiles softly.

 

Mom nudged her to send Joonmyun out and she awkwardly complies.  Joonmyun waved a little at her and start walking away when she called him back. “Hey, you didn’t answer my questions yet.” He raised his eyebrow and begins to walk closer to her. She grunted when he’s standing in front of him.

 

“Which one?”

“Why are you sending me books?”

“Cuz I’m your class rep?”

“Who gave you my address?”

“Ms Hee. I met her after detention, and she asked me to send the book. You surely took long time to go home. I waited for you like years.” He responded while ruffling his hair.

“Why did you kiss me?”

“That’s not in your questions before. Sorry.”

“I don’t like that.” 

 

She retorted in disgust. He leaned closer to her and murmured softly. “Sorry.” He kissed her cheek and run as fast as he could. “SEE YOU TOMORROW BABEEEEE!” He happily shouts it out while running away from her house. She can’t handle herself and screaming like crazy woman when mom once again throw dictionary at her.

 

She touched her cheek, and warm feeling engulfed her momentarily. The warmth seems to toss the pain away.

 

Can I report this as ual harassment by the way? =.=’’