My Baby

Masquerade

She slowly opened up her eyes when she felt a bit cramped on her right side. Her eyes bulged when she saw Joonmyun comfortably sleeping next to her, with his hand wrapped around her waist. Puzzled on when he actually lied down there, her blood boiled when he unintentionally begin to grab her waist tighter. Feeling irritated, she grabbed his hand and bite him as hard as she could, which caused Joonmyun to wake up, groaning in pain.

“Babe, the hell?!” He softly blows the bite mark, to ease the stinging pain. The bite mark is so visible on his white skin, and she couldn’t be more proud of herself that she’s still able to do that instead of being sick.

“ Joonmyun. I should be the one asking you that! THE HELL???”

“Why? What’s wrong?? You’re sick, so I’m taking care of you. VIP style.”

“….what? VIP style? You gotta be kidding me. Now you’re gigolo or something?”

“You have money to pay me?” He smirked, feeling  funny at her thought of him being gigolo.

“I don’t and I WON’T! Now get out from my bed! I can’t even move! You're taking up my space!”

He slowly tried to balance himself to get up from the bed, only to find himself losing his stability and softly fell down back next to her. “Joonmyun are you kidding me?? Get up!” She glares when he keeps on giggling, and there's no sign of him moving out from her ward bed.  “It’s big enough for two of us, don’t you think so?”

Joonmyun stares at her and smiles contently before pulling her closer for a hug. “Joon…Joonmyun!!!! This is not a drama. Let me go now!” She tried to push him harder, but her effort was proven futile as he buried his face on her shoulder.

“I miss you.”

Oh God, not again.

“I don’t have much money to pay you, Mr Gigolo.”

“Free of charge. I really miss you.”

“…………..it’s only been a day.” She begins to slow down from struggling, as she doesn’t have much energy to beat him. “We can meet up at school tomorrow, maybe.”

“I thought you don’t want to see me anymore…”

“Hey…I’m….I’m sorry for being rude to you at the lake….it’s just…just…” She couldn’t continue any longer. was like sealed, as she was unable to spill how she truly felt that day.

Joonmyun moved his face from her shoulder, staring at her closely, and his lips softly landed on her forehead. His hand slowly tucking in her falling hair, and his eyes still didn’t leave her confused face.

“Joonmyun….? What the….” Her words stuck at that moment when his kiss moved to her cheeks, causing pink tint to abruptly attacking her pale face.

Overwhelmed with emotion, she tried her best to face him without looking too nervous, at least that what was she hoped for. “Joonmyun, this is…too much. I’m not even your girlfriend.”

“You wanna be one?”

“You know it wasn’t that easy right?”

“You already bite me. You won’t take responsibility?”

“I’ve to take responsibility for everything I bite? If that’s the case, I need to marry all the bulgogi I’ve ate before.”

“You can marry me and the bulgogi too.” He replied incoherently, causing huge sigh escapes from her lips. “If that’s the case, I will just marry any cow I saw.”

In seconds a kiss landed on tip of her nose. “Cow can’t do what I just did. I’m pretty sure I can do more than that, only if you allowed me to.” He smirked while their face is only an inch away, which triggered her nerve system on how close they are in reality.

“Joonmyun, it’s stuffy in here. Could you please….get out? I’m trying to say this nicely..but get out!!!” She braces herself to yell at him, but unfortunately it doesn’t affect him much. “But I like being here with you. I really do. I can’t leave you. Omma is not here.” He laughed softly and she  felt weird when his hand begin to caress her cheek gently. Her whole body is tingling with unknown emotion when his face starts to get closer to her again. “…but..but I believe this is NOT what my omma asked you to do! How could omma leave me with someone as crazy as you!”

“Easy. Because she knows I love you baby.” He smiled wholeheartedly, and her heart starts to thump faster.

His beautiful smile.

His soft touch.

God.

From below the blanket, she pinched herself to keep herself in check, not to fall for any of his romantic schemes. “You…you better go or else I’ll call nurse!” She tries to threaten him, but he just shrugging off his shoulder.

“Dare you to do that.” Naughty grin plastered on his face and it makes her rage from inside. “You think I’m not going to do that?”

“What the nurse can do anyway?”

“Throwing you off from my bed, or give me painkillers so that I don’t see your annoying face I believe.”

“Just take painkillers. That way you won’t yell at me again and I can hug you all day.”

“Okay probably I will ask the nurse to give you the painkillers instead of me.”

He laughed at her remarks, but his hands slither around her waist again, with intention of hugging her when he heard sound of someone opening the door. He looked at her seriously when she just keeps smiling. “I told you so.” Joonmyun, who is in panic state, tries to move from her bed when he slipped and fall on the floor. She laughs when she heard him whimpers in pain, but choose not to give attention. They both focusing on the footsteps, and an old lady appeared from behind the curtain.

“Here’s your breakfast Miss. Young man, what are you doing down there?”

“Just ignore him. He’s bit crazy.”

Both of them laughed before she put her food tray on and leaves after she thanked her. Joonmyun, who is still on floor, felt dumbfounded on what just happened.

“You didn’t call…the nurse?” His voice went gloomy all of sudden, and somehow she felt guilty for playing with him.

She just wanted some revenge. Just some. This is not even close to lake incident.

“Nope. I don’t like scandal. Haha. You want some bread? I bet you’re hungry from saying all cheesy pick up line just now.”

“For you I don’t mind being a cheese factory baby.”

“Seriously Joonmyun you’re freaking me out. Are you going to sit down there forever? Get up.” She leans closer to edge of bed, so that Joonmyun can pull her hand to stand. “At least I know you still care ‘bout me.” He happily replied and grabs her hand so that he can stand up properly. He bring chair and sit next to her, watching her eating with little bit of difficulty as there are few tubes inserted to her hands. Slowly he takes the food tray and put it on his lap.

“Hey that’s rude! You shouldn’t take patient’s food!”

“Girl you’re such an eating monster. Be thankful you have man with this handsome face to keep you alive.”

Carefully he split the large bread in small portion and gives it to her. She looked at him with awe, since she never thought he could be that sweet. “Oh wow, thanks Joonmyun.”

NGAP.

Silent moment enters the room as she playfully swallowed his hand when he offers her a piece of bread. She happily laughed but the sound muffled as is still full of Joonmyun’s hand.

“BABYYYY WHY YOU EAT MY HAND TOO OUCHHHHHHHHH!!!!” She quickly let go of his hand when she saw him in pain again and smile widely.

“I’m hungryyyyy. Meat meat meat! Hahahahahahhahaha this is so funny!!!” She rolled on her bed, laughing on his shocked face just now. Joonmyun, who is still speechless, quickly shoving the bread again to , causing her to get shocked this time. “Ewww Joonmyun that bread got salivaaaaaaaaaaa you’re so dirtyyyyy!!!”

“Babe, that’s your saliva.”

“I knowww but you can’t expect me to eat that! How could you?!”

“Okay fine. I’m sorry. I’m going to wash up my hand. Wait for me.” He swiftly kisses her cheek before run to the washroom happily. She touched her burning red cheek, dazed from his action. Somehow, a thin smile curved on her fine lips.

She tied up her hair, looking around her room when her eyes landed on a black frame at wall in front of her. Feeling curious as she never saw that yesterday, she crawl to the end of her bed only to find that was her picture, drawn by Joonmyun when they had the art project at the lake last week. She never thought he could draw, and what impressed her more, the sketch looks so much like her.

”Wow, this is so………” She stopped when she saw a fine writing underneath his sketch. She struggles to read as it was kinda fade and curvy but she can’t help herself from getting interested. “My……” Slowly she mutters the word she saw, when a pair of hands wrapped her from behind with ease. A familiar voice whispers slowly to her ear, sending chilling commotion through her whole body.

 

 

 

“My baby.”

Surprised, she turned around only to find him charmingly smiles to her. He tightened his hug, and her heart can’t stop knocking wilder when his scent rushed through the air she breathes in. She just couldn’t explain how she felt at that moment.  

“I love you.”

She’s at loss of words, gripping bedpost hard for support. Gently he kissed her cheek again and continues to hug her more.

I don’t know if I can be well enough to leave the hospital today.

I really don’t.

 

p/s: Thanks for keep reading and for your endless support! Wow it's almost a year since my last update haha T.T