Bites & Kisses

Masquerade

“Haaa….”

She ruffles her hair, feeling lazy to attend class today. Omma nagged her to go to school even though she’s not feeling that well yet. Refused to be victim of her omma’s mental harassment, she firms up and went to school earlier than she should be.

Since it’s still early, she thought she could take a nap while waiting for class to start. It was pretty dark but she didn’t bother to turn on the lights. Gently she pulls her chair, when the lights suddenly flickering and brighten the front part of the class.

“What the heck….”

The footsteps sound is getting faster, and she tries to recognize the person under dim light in the class.

“Morning baby. You’re early!”

Oh God. Not him.

“I didn’t know you do come this early…Joonmyun.” She raised her eyebrow, suspiciously suspected him to follow her all the way from her house. However she didn’t ask further, afraid she would sound like crazy paranoid girl. Last time she met him at hospital, things doesn’t went too smooth for both of them. She find herself to be self-protective it comes to Joonmyun.

“I’m always early. I’m class rep.” He replied energetically, feeling excited to see he wasn’t the first one to arrive. He smiled, since he was worried that she might distance herself from him, but apparently she is not at the moment. “I’m glad that you’re early today. Wanna grab breakfast?”

“Don’t bother, I need some sleep.” Lazily she grabs a muffler from her bag, wraps it around her neck and falls asleep almost instantly once she lays her head on table. Once again, she hears footsteps walking away from their seats, probably Joonmyun just went out to the canteen. The biting cold air keeps bothering her, thus she tightens the muffler again before drifting to deep sleep.

Joonmyun on the other side slowly went back to class when he saw she fell into slumber. He opened his school jacket and put it on her, to warm her a bit. “You must’ve been freezing, rest up..,” He caressed her face softly, before planting kiss on her cheek. “My baby.” Swiftly he went out from class, smiling.

He is happy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Babe? Babe? Wake up.”

Her eyes slowly blinked, awoken from sleep when she feels a hand delicately caressing her hair. “You need to eat to take meds.” He smiles sweetly at her, while pointing at melon milk and cream bread in front of her. “The class…starts already?” She rubs her eyes, still can’t sobering herself up from dreamy sleep she had just now. “No, not yet. Eat first. Your meds are supposed to be taken after meal.” He playfully shakes her medicines plastic, causing her eyes to bulge. “Where…where do you get my meds??” Quickly she stands up, tries to grab the plastic, but failed. “I checked your bag.” He replies jokingly, making her angry once again. “I don’t remember giving permission for you to OPEN MY BAG! Hell..you’re so darn unpredictable Joonmyun!”

“Don’t get angry, or your temperature gonna shoot up again.” He giggles while leisurely hug her shoulder, trying to avoid her piercing gaze. “Wow, it feels like you’re burning already! So scary~”

Unable to control her urge to choke someone, she turn around to face him, grabs his collar, works her own face to look as vile as possible. “Joonmyun, I’m not in mood.” She’s getting furious when he keeps on chuckling, like she’s a piece of joke. Out of nowhere he pulls her head closer, placing his forehead on hers. “I told you not to get worked up, your forehead is getting warmer now.” At corner of her eyes, she could see his lips curving into smile again.

“Let go of my head you !” She tried hard to push him over, but her condition got the best of her. Their eyes met for seconds, and somehow it makes her heart racing crazily. She’s not kind of girl who easily swayed by emotion, but it always went differently with Joonmyun. Her pushes got weaker, and he slowly let go of her head. “Are you okay?” He leaned closer to her, and out of nowhere he begins to hug her. “Don’t die.”

She was bit surprised when he said that, causing her to chuckle softly. “I think you’re really losing your mind Kim Joonmyun,” she replied weakly. “I might report you for harassment first, only then I can die peacefully.” His embracement is getting tighter, and he whispered. “There’s no such thing like harassment when you’re in love.” Joonmyun chuckles and quickly kisses her cheek. In a moment she felt so blissful, and it reminds her of Phantom guy she met before. They look so similar, bit different in some way, and both of them are really comforting. “Psycho…..let me go. We are in fcking class if you forget!”

“What if I don’t want to?”

“I bite people.” She tried to put furious look on her face, however Joonmyun keeps on mocking her.

“Okay that’s funny.”

“I’m not even joking.” She opened widely and starts biting his ear, causing him to scream in pain. “You want painkillers? I have some in my FREAKING MEDICATION PLASTIC YOU TOOK!” Joonmyun pulled off from hug and touching his injured ear. “OH MY GOD MY EAR IS STILL THERE OH MY GOD THANK YOU I THOUGHT I’M LOSING IT!! BABE???? HOW COULD YOU??!”

“Sorry Joonmyun, I thought you don’t understand HUMAN LANGUAGE.” She grabbed the medication plastic from him and leisurely sits back at her place while watching him cringing in pain. “Don’t worry, I don’t have crazy dog disease. You’ll be safe. Haha~” Joonmyun glares at her, with his face turned all red. “Next time I’m bringing pepper spray. Beware!” She couldn’t hold her laughter anymore when she heard him nagging. “I’m the one who should bring that you ert!”

She turned around, only to find a school jacket lying down at floor. When she picked it up, she saw Joonmyun’s name on it. “Hey, you dropped your jacket!”

“Oh yes thanks. You looked freezing...so I lent it to you.” Joonmyun took it from her, wipe it off a bit and wears it again.

He put it on me? Oh wow. How nice of him.....

But I just bite him!

Engulfed with guilt, she grabbed his hand, and put two pills on his palm. “Painkillers. You should check with school nurse too, just in case.” Joonmyun looked at her, feeling that the pain has subsided a bit when he saw her smiled sincerely towards him. “I’m sorry. I told you I bite people. I even bite my omma. And thank you….for the jacket.”

“It’s okay. Now I know you bite people you love. How does it feel sleeping with my jacket? Hahahaha~” He laughed cutely, causing her jaw to drop, disbelieved at his statement. “You really should go to clinic because you sound so mentally ill now.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I told you, you don’t have to walk me home. I’m fine!”

“Don’t get ahead of yourself baby. I’m not following you.”

“Your house is at the other street! Don’t tell me you finally went nuts?!”

“No, of course not. Baby don’t accuse me of such thing. I’m going to see someone,” he replied and slowly grabbed her hand. “Since we are going to the same street, why don’t we hold hand?”

“No thanks.” She tried to pull out her hand from Joonmyun’s, but he held it pretty tight, causing her to just give up instead of wasting her limited energy. “You’re so darn lucky I’m sick.” Joonmyun just keep laughing when he realized that she didn’t resist him anymore. 

“Joonmyun-ah…”

“Hmmm?”

“Your hand is…warm..” She looked at Joonmyun and smile tenderly. “You’re warm..” Slowly she went closer to his side, seeking for warmth. Her sweet scent swiftly flutters around him, making him nervous out of sudden. He didn’t know why, but he always loves her scent.

"And you're cold, like a fish."

"Thanks for comparing me to fish. You're really HELPFUL."

“You know what’s warmer baby?”

“Don’t baby me you…” She stopped talking when she felt a kiss on her hair, which immediately jolting up her nerve system. Her face definitely gets warmer than it should be as she is blushing nonsensically in front of him. “Joonmyun you want another bite?! You’re crazy! Can’t we just walk like normal people?!”

“Just want to let you know, if you bite when you’re mad, I kiss in any circumstances. Cute is it?” He giggles seeing her blushed face, and he pulled her hand a little when she refused to move. “Baby let’s go. You don’t want to stick with me for long time. Who knows what’s going to happen later haha~” Reluctantly she begin to walk again and glares at him. “I should consider the pepper spray once I got my allowance.”

Few minutes later, they arrived at her house and she went to mailbox to check for arrived letters. She took out a white envelope out from the box and it was addressed to her. “Joonmyun, where is the house that you're going?” She asked him while opening the letter, and he just keeps smiling. “I'm already arrived. I want to meet you.”

“What the fck..you tricked me? I knew it!"

“You’re a person too. I can meet you right?”

“I’m really fine, you don’t have to do this just to walk me home…”

“You walk like drunkard and you think I’m going to believe you?”

“How could you calling me drunkard…..what the fck..is this…” Her eyes bulged when she opened the letter, which contain only one sentence written in black ink. Joonmyun detected her changed expression, and seized the letter from her.

 

You forget about me already Kaonashi?

- Phantom -