Chapter 8

TSQ- Thousand Spirits Quota

Chapter 8

 

Jessica stood in shock. The ghost could not believe that her guardian angel is now before her in human form. So many questions raced in her head. Like first things first.. why is she here?

 

"Sunny?? Why are you here?!!" Jessica yelled.

 

"Yah!! Sica don't be so loud. I have a solid form so people might think I'm weird for talking to thin air!" Sunny whispered harshly.

 

Yoona stood there quietly and watched the two girls in front of her making eye contact. To break the awkward atmosphere, Yoona faked a cough.

 

"Uhm.. Unnies?" Yoona said.

 

"Yes Yoong?" Jessica answered, but not looking at the girl.

 

"Sica Unnie. Care to explain to me who this girl is and why you know her?"

 

"Oh. Hi I'm Lee Soonkyu, but just call me Sunny. I'm Jessica's guardian angel" Sunny smiled and held out her hand to shake Yoona's. The doe eyed girl nodded slightly and shook the short blonde's hand.

 

"N-Nice to meet you. I'm Im YoonA."

 

"I know who you are" Sunny smiled.

 

"Sunny why are you here. And as a human?" Jessica sighed.

 

"I was sent here. I'm suppose to help you and make things easier for you since people can see me."

 

The two ghosts nodded and waited for the angel to continue.

 

"I created an artificial body that looks exactly like me and it functions like a human. It needs to eat, sleep, drink water, use the restroom, etc. Neat right? Our unique science department does wonders!" Sunny giggled, ignoring the stares from the other humans.

 

Jessica noticed the weird stares and told the two girls to follow her to a place with less people. They walked to the more deserted part of the park where there were only trees, grass, flowers and the occasional people passing by.

 

"Artificial body?" Yoona asked to break the silence.

 

"Yup!" Sunny nodded and grinned cutely.

 

"Wait Sunny. When you said I didn't have to worry about not having a body to return to. Is this what you meant???" Jessica asked flabbergasted.

 

"Pretty much. Yeah I guess. Why? You don't want a body?" Sunny pouted.

 

"NO!! I mean yes I want a body, but like you said. It's constructed to look like me. And last time I checked my existence in the world was wiped out. I'm dead! I can't just come back one day and walk around. Scientists would probably kidnap me and then experiment!!" Jessica screamed.

 

"Well you don't have to look exactly the same as you did when you were alive. Like I said this body can be constructed to look like anything you want. It's almost like designing yourself for plastic surgery. You can even look completely different from when you were alive if you wish." Sunny calmly explained. Jessica sighed and shook her head while Yoona was surprised and looked like a cute little girl learning something new in school.

 

"That still doesn't help the identity part. I can't create a new identity. Jessica Jung SooYeon is dead to the world. To my peers, my friends, my family. Everyone knows I am not supposed to be in this world anymore" Jessica murmured sadly. Yoona, feeling bad for her Unnie wrapped her arms around the older girl to comfort her.

 

"Well... that does cause a problem. I did not think of this!!! Nooo!! I'm so stupid!" Sunny started panicking and jumping around.

 

"Wait Sunny. How are you handling your situation?" Jessica suddenly asked, realizing Sunny was similar to her right now.

 

"Oh me? Uh.. heh well I kind of died... centuries ago so... yeah. I can call myself Lee Soonkyu and people wouldn't find it weird. After all there are plenty of Lees in south korea. That's like the 3rd most common korean family name. And it's not like people will really take time to research me. Google me and i bet 1000s of results will come up. Lastly no one that knew me when I was alive is alive now. They would be over 300 by now" Sunny explained.

 

Jessica and Yoona were jaw dropped. Exactly how OLD is this girl??? The two of them thought.

 

"Well Unnie.. That's good for you, but this doesn't help Sica Unnie" Yoona sighed.

 

"We'll think of something. I'll ask the big guy up there later." Sunny gave an okay sign and grinned, hoping to make the girls worry less.

 

Sadly Yoona and Jessica were now even more worried than before.

 

Even if I do this crap. I still won't exist in the world. Damn it why didn't they have a freaking contract for me to read before agreeing to this?? Oh right because I was in a rush to see Tiff... sigh how will I break this to her. Jessica was arguing in her head, Yoona would hug the girl, but the tall girl was lost in her own thoughts.

 

I guess this really means the dead should not remain in this world. This is exactly why I can't like someone, not even that pretty Unnie.Yoona sighed and looked at the ground depressingly.

 

Sunny noticed the heaviness in the air.

 

Did I start something I shouldn't have?

 

~~

 

Tiffany was sitting quietly by herself in class diligently taking notes. Yuri would glance at her best friend every now and then, hoping to find out why she is acting so weird lately. As soon as the bell rang the class packed up their things. Their next class was lunch

 

"Yah!! Kids I dismiss you! Not the bell!"  The teacher said.

 

"Then why do we have a bell??" One student asked.

 

"Yeah! Remember that when I'm late to your class next time! The teacher dismissed me, not the bell!" Another student joked.

 

"You two! Detention after school!!'

 

The rest of the class laughed at the two class clowns while the teacher was glaring at them.

 

"Class you will be having an exam in 3 days. You all better study!" The teacher put emphasis on better and walked out of the room.

 

"Keke.. that was so worth it wasn't it Eunjung? Did you see how mad he got?" Hyomin, one of the troublemakers giggled.


"I know right! High Five Minnie!!" Eunjung grinned and high fived her fellow troublemaker. The rest of the class laughed and all left the room. Tiffany and Yuri were the last ones out. Sooyoung and Taeyeon had already walked to the cafeteria to save a table for them.

 

"Hi Unnies!!" Jiyeon, a freshmen walked up to Eunjung and Hyomin. The two quickly turned red. "You ready to go eat lunch?" Jiyeon asked cutely. Both of the older girls were blushing and looking away.

 

"Uh.. we're kinda in trouble. We're having lunch with the teacher" Eunjung sighed and scratched the back of her head while Hyomin pat her dongsaeng's head. The baby dino was pouting cutely. Her seniors were so close to fainting or getting a bloody nose.

 

"Yah!! You two. Now who will go home with me or eat lunch with me?? Soyeon Unnie has a club. Aish.. I've told you two countless times to act your age!! Why can't you be mature like Yuri Unnie or Tiffany Unnie!" The young girl was lecturing her immature Unnies.

 

"Jiyeon. If it's not too much of a bother you can have lunch with us and we can walk you home" Tiffany proposed the idea. Jiyeon quickly smiled and hugged the older girl.

 

"Thank you, thank you Unnie!! Not only are you pretty, smart, beautiful, but also kind!! I love you. you're my type!" Jiyeon laughed. Tiffany chuckled at the underclassman's cuteness. Yuri stood still and watch her 2 classmates that were burning with jealousy.

 

"Yah. Dumb and Dumber. You two have lunch with the teacher. You better not miss that or you'll get in more trouble"

 

The two morons sighed and nodded.

 

"Yah! Tiffany make sure my baby is safe! Don't you dare touch her!" Hyomin yelled.

 

"Shut up Unnies!! Tiffany Unnie is decent! She's not a byun, unlike you two. Now go to detention!!" Jiyeon screamed.

 

Yuri was watching in awe. These underclassmen are so daebak.

 

The 3 girls walked to the cafeteria, which was filled with other students. Luckily their friends had saved a spot for them.

 

"Aww.. who is this cute girl?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"Park Jiyeon. Nice to meet you Taeyeon and Sooyoung sunbaenims" Jiyeon politely bowed.

 

The five of them started eating their lunch. The 2 maknaes present surprisingly ate like their stomaches were bottomless pits of darkness.

 

Tiffany was deep in thought.

 

I wonder what Jessi and Yoona are doing right now.

 

Yuri noticed how Tiffany has barely touched her food and was about to tap her in the shoulder, until they heard a crash.

 

The whole cafeteria turned quiet. A freshmen had accidentally crashed into a senior. Tiffany wasn't really paying attention, but then she noticed who the freshmen and senior were. Tiffany, Yuri and Jiyeon quickly got off their seats.

 

"Aish!! Can't you freshies look the way you're going??" The senior screamed, the school's head cheerleader and certified b*tch, Uee.

 

"I'm sorry!!" The freshmen apologized and bowed. She knew who Uee was and did not want to become a target.

 

"What is your name??" Uee whispered harshly while grabbing the girl's shoulder.

 

"Krystal... Jung Krystal" Krystal said quietly.

 

"Jung? Oh!! You're that b*tch, Jessica's sister aren't you?" Uee asked, not letting go of the younger girl.

 

Krystal nodded.

 

"This is perfect. yah! Nana, Lizzy pass me those 2 cartons of milk" The cheerleader asked her lackies. The two felt bad for their junior, but had no choice but to follow the orders.

 

"This is for your sister" Uee said and poured the milk all over the poor girl. Krystal was soaked from head to toe. "Now this... is for you" Uee was about to pour the second carton of milk, but someone stopped her. The b*tch got pissed and stared at who dared to stop her. Tiffany was grabbing her hand and glaring at her, while Yuri was staring at Nana and Lizzy. Jiyeon knelt down and helped her fellow freshmen.

 

"Don't worry. You're safe now." Jiyeon whispered to the victim, who was close to crying.

 

Tiffany was beyond angry. Krystal was like a baby sister to her. If anyone dared to hurt her, they must have a death wish.

 

"B*tch Uee. What do you think you're doing?" Tiffany growled.

 

"Heh.. teaching freshies a lesson. Duh!" Uee smirked. Tiffany was trying so hard to not punch the girl in the face.

 

Yuri instructed Jiyeon to take Krystal to the restroom and clean up. Jiyeon nodded and helped the Baby Jung up. The two of them walked out of the cafeteria, to the bathroom.

 

When they were out of sight, Tiffany and Yuri focused their attention back on Uee. By now Taeyeon and Sooyoung also showed up. All the attention in the cafeteria was focused on the group of gorgeous girls.

 

"Don't you dare and I repeat DARE touch Krystal with your filthy hands you b*tchy s!ut" Tiffany cussed.

 

Uee smirked. "And why not?"

 

Tiffany smirked back. "Oh I don't know.... maybe you really like the idea of having a big ugly scar on that pretty but b*tchy face of yours"

 

Uee frowned. "You wouldn't dare."

 

"Try me. The worst I can get is suspension or expulsion. But that scar would be on your face for life. You know unless you decide to get even MORE plastic surgery" Tiffany put emphasis on "more". The other students' eyes widened hearing that.

 

"You'll pay for this Hwang!! Nana, Lizzy lets go!" Uee stormed out of the cafeteria. Tiffany didn't know what came over. She never dared stand up against anyone like that before. Everyone in the room was silently cheering for the eye smiling girl. The whole school knew that Uee deserved to get threatened.

 

"Don't worry Fany. She won't try anything. She knows how powerful my family is. Also i can send bad spirits to her home" Yuri joked. Tiffany, Sooyoung and Taeyeon all laughed.

 

"Should we check on Krystal? What if that b*tch tries something while she's in the bathroom cleaning up" Taeyeon asked worriedly.

 

"Nah.. she has baby dino with her. Uee won't try anything" Sooyoung said calmly.

 

Yuri nodded "Yup. Taeyeon you've been too locked up in the school's chorus. Don't you know Park Jiyeon is a master at Taekwondo? She's the first freshmen to ever make the team. Uee won't do anything unless she wishes to be in crutches for the next basketball game" Yuri explained, then started chuckling, imagining the girl in her uniform and in crutches.

 

Tiffany smiled. "Lets go back to our table and clean up. Class is almost starting."

 

The other three agreed and they all went back. Yuri stared at Tiffany and noticed she was more confident and stronger than before.

 

Whatever happened to Tiffany. It might not be a bad thing after all. Yuri smiled.

 

~~

 

In the girls' bathroom. Two freshmen were alone. One was helping the other clean up.

 

"Are you okay?" Jiyeon asked, still helping the girl dry.

 

Krystal nodded. The girl was still in shock after what just happened.

 

"I'm sorry for getting you involved" Krystal murmured.

 

Jiyeon stared at the girl, then smiled. She pulled her classmate into a tight hug.

 

"Don't worry about it. And you don't have to worry about me getting hurt. I know Taekwondo. I can knock that b*tch unconscious faster than she can scream "Daddy!! my credit card is maxed out!" so don't worry" Jiyeon joked and smiled at the girl cutely.

 

Krystal turned a bit red and nodded.

 

"Here you can borrow my Taekwondo Team's outfit. Luckily we have one class left before school ends for the day. I hope you won't feel embarrassed for wearing it. But we have similar sizes I think and you can't wear that milk soaked outfit for the rest of the day. I'll just explain to Mr. Kim why you're walking into class dressed like that. Arrasso?"

 

"Thank you so much" Krystal smiled.

 

"Wait here. My locker is right across the bathroom!" Jiyeon ordered and raced out the room.

 

Krystal stared at the mirror. Most of her body and hair was dried by now.

 

Unnie.. I miss you protecting me. When Jessica was alive, no one dared to lay a hand on the baby Jung. The wrath of HellSica was absolutely terrifying.

 

~~

 

"You think you're so pretty?" A girl smirked. They grabbed 9 year old Krystal and pushed the poor girl against a wall. Krystal was defenseless. She didn't even know what she did wrong. All she did was wear a new dress that her mother bought her. Now she's getting ganged up by three 11 year olds.

 

"You must be happy that your mommy can afford pretty clothes?"

 

Krystal shook her head. Tears were forming in her eyes. Sulli.. please help me. Why did I tell you I was going to go ahead?

 

One of the girls smacked young Krystal's face. Krystal stayed quiet, but her face was throbbing and turning red. The bullies were about to slap the poor girl again, but suddenly two of them were pushed down.

 

"How. Dare. You. Touch. My. Baby. Sister!' Jessica said furiously and was punching the bullies after each word.

 

The three bullies got up and were scraped/ bruised. They quickly ran away before Jessica can kill them.

 

"Krys!! You okay!" Jessica ran to the younger Jung and hugged her.

 

"Unnie!!" Krystal wrapped her arms around her big sister's neck and started crying. Jessica felt like a failure. She couldn't protect her own sister. She rubbed the girl's back, hoping to calm her down.

 

"Soojung- Ah.. if they dare try anything again, tell me." Jessica said firmly. Krystal nodded.

 

Jessica held her sister's hand and was ready to walk home with her. Suddenly they heard a voice calling Krystal.

 

"Krys!!" The two Jungs turned around and saw a tall innocent looking girl walking their way.

 

"Sulli!!" Krystal ran to hug her best friend.

 

"What happened?? Why are you hurt?" Sulli asked angrily.

 

"It's nothing.. don't worry." Krystal forced a smile.

 

"I'm sorry.. I promise I won't stay late again. I'll always wait for you" Sulli whispered and hugged her best friend.

 

Jessica smiled at the sight and walked to the two kids.

 

"Sulli please protect my crybaby sister. Don't let people bully her ever again. Okay?"

 

"Bully? Who dared?!?!? Don't worry Sica Unnie!! I will protect Krystal no matter what!"

 

"Good Sulli. Now who wants ice cream? My treat" Jessica smiled.

 

"Me!!" Krystal jumped and ran to the ice cream truck.

 

"Yah!! Soojung no running!" Both Sulli and Jessica said in sync then ran after the ecstatic little girl who was already picking the flavors of ice cream that she wanted.

 

~~

 

"Unnie... I miss you so much. Please come back" Krystal muttered.

 

"Krystal- ssi here! Sorry for making you wait" Jiyeon walked into the bathroom with her taekwondo uniform.

 

Krystal smiled and thanked the kind girl that helped her. Jiyeon just smiled back and waited for the girl to finish changing so the two can get back to class and explain what happened. Jiyeon held Krystal's hand tightly to assure the girl that she is safe.

 

The two freshmen walked into their last period class about 7 minutes late. The teacher already knew about the situation and let them go to their seats and went back to teaching.

 

"Krystal-ssi my seat is over there. Sorry I can't be with you." Jiyeon whispered.

 

"Oh Aniyo.. thank you, Jiyeon-ssi. I'm really grateful" Krystal muttered shyly.

 

Jiyeon smiled at how cute her classmate was and pat her head. "Don't worry about it. Just return my uniform anytime before the end of this week. I have a game I need to attend"

 

Krystal nodded.

 

"Oh and one more thing" Jiyeon said quietly.

 

"Hm?" Krystal looked up at Jiyeon.

 

"You don't have to call me Jiyeon-ssi. We're the same year. Just call me Jiyeon, Ji, Yeonnie or as my friends call me, Baby Dino" Jiyeon smiled.

 

Krystal blushed, but managed to nod.

 

"Okay... Jiyeon" Krystal uttered.

 

"Aish still kinda formal. But we'll work on it. See you around Krystal" Jiyeon grinned.

 

Jiyeon let go of Krystal's hand and went to her seat, which was next to her best friends Lee JiEun, better known as IU, the top vocalist in their year and Park Luna, her cousin and the second best vocalist in their year. She smiled and told them what had happened, and how unique the upperclassmen are in this school.

 

Krystal went to her seat, which was next to Sulli. The moment she sat down, Sulli held her hand. She had heard of what happened. Sulli had an emergency drama club meeting and couldn't go to lunch. So when she heard Krystal was bullied she felt so guilty. She had broken her promise to Jessica.

 

"Sulli-Yah.. Don't worry. I'm fine. Jiyeon-ssi took care of me" Krystal whispered and hugged her best friend.

 

"I'm sorry. I'll never leave your side ever again" Sulli sighed.

 

"You better not" Krystal pouted. Sulli turned extremely red. The truth was Sulli has harbored a crush on Krystal for a long time. So when she heard someone hurt her Soojung, she was about to kill that person, regardless of who it was. Sulli looked at Krystal and noticed the latter was staring at Jiyeon, who was laughing with her friends.

 

Sulli felt a weird pain in her heart.

 

"Krystal" Sulli called out.

 

"Oh.. neh?" Krystal diverted her attention back to her best friend and smiled.

 

"Do you want to go anywhere today?"

 

"I'm kind of tired. I think I'll just go home and rest. Plus I need to wash Jiyeon-ssi's uniform."

 

Sulli merely nodded. The two went back to looking at the teacher and his boring lesson. Neither of them were really paying any attention though. Sulli was staring at her blank sheet of notebook paper while Krystal's head was on the table, almost as if she was sleeping.

 

Krystal. I won't let anyone hurt you. I promise, but.. why does it seem like you're drifting away from me? You're right next to me, but at the same time it doesn't feel like you're here at all. Sulli thought sadly.

 

Jiyeon is so cool. This uniform... it smells like her. Omo!! What am I thinking?? Am I a ert? Krystal head desked and groaned.

 

TBC

Woo new characters! Lets welcome Jiyeon, Sulli, Hyomin, Eunjung and now Krystal is a reoccurring character.