Chapter 13

TSQ- Thousand Spirits Quota

Chapter 13

"How much longer do you think we'll need to wait before we'll get our money?" one of the kidnappers asked his boss.

"Hopefully soon." the boss said.

"Do you think she'll call the cops?" the younger of the kidnappers asked in a worried tone.

"She wouldn't dare." the older smirked.

Hyuna watched the two have a conversation and tried to scream, but couldn't because of the tape and she was still feeling the effects of the drugs. She hazily looked up at the sky and silently prayed that someone will save her from this predicament. 

'I want to go home' The girl thought to herself as tears flowed from the child's face.

Suddenly from the sky, she saw a hazy figure. She couldn't really identify the figure because it looked like it was just outlining the air. That or the child just couldn't see things in general because of the drug.

"Argh, what's taking that so long? I'll go check up on them hyung." The younger said. He was walking until he suddenly tripped and lost his balance.

"What are you doing you idiot?!" the older shouted.

"I-I don't know hyung! Something just suddenly tripped me!" the guy explained, obviously confused.

"Don't be ridiculous. What could've tripped you?!"

"How would I know Hyung?" He tried to walk back, but was surprised by a sudden roaring pain on his abdomen. The man coughed and fell to the ground holding his stomach.

"What now?!" the older was beginning to feel nervous.

"H-Hyung! Save me! Something is hitting m- argh!" 

Hyuna tried to open her eyes and see what was unfolding in front of her. The hazy figure she saw before was slowly beginning to be more than just an outline of air. She could see a girl around the age of maybe 15 or 16. She had light brown hair and long limbs.

'W-Who is... that?' Hyuna weakly asked herself. The child did not have enough energy to actually see the figure clearly.

"You're really starting to freak me out! What's wrong?!" the boss screamed.

'Why can't those mean ahjusshi see that unnie?'

"How dare you human trash try to touch my sister?!" Hyuna heard the figure yell.

The younger of the two kidnappers fell to the ground finally unconscious. The older backed away, obviously scared now.

"Yoona you want me to handle this?" Jessica asked.

"No Unnie. I'll deal with this." Yoona replied, still burning with rage.

"Alright..." Jessica stepped aside and watched Yoona fly towards the man, knocking him to the ground. Yoona grabbed the man's face and began to punch him mercilessly. Hyuna could not believe her ears or eyes. 

'This must be a dream. There's no way that's Yoona unnie' The child told herself.

"Don't. Touch. My. Sister!" Yoona emphasized each word with a punch to the guy's face.

"Yoona Unnie stop!" Hyuna screamed.

The spirit stopped her assault and looked up at her sister surprised.

"Yoona Unnie. Don't hurt that bad ahjusshi" Hyuna said while crying.

~~

Krystal was enjoying a nice warm cup of hot chocolate in her late sister’s girlfriend’s house when she suddenly got a call from someone. Tiffany looked at the younger and smiled before walking away to give the girl some privacy.

“I’ll be in kitchen if you need me” Tiffany said and made her way out of the living room.

Once Krystal couldn’t see the older girl anymore she picked up the phone.

“Hello?” the younger Jung answered.

“S-Soojung-ah. It’s me” The person on the other side of the line greeted.

Soojung sighed through the phone.

“What is it Sulli?” Krystal asked. She was truthfully still annoyed at her best friend for wrongfully hitting Park Jiyeon for no reason.

“Are you still mad?”

“No. Why would I be mad that you ignored me and attacked someone even after I told you not to?” Krystal sarcastically replied.

“Soojung, I’m sorry” Sulli apologized and Krystal’s expression softened even though the older girl couldn’t see it.

“You shouldn’t be apologizing to me. It’s Jiyeon you need to apologize to.”

“I-I know, but she probably won’t forgive me after I hit her” Sulli muttered.

“Don’t say that. Jiyeon is nice, sweet, kind and really easygoing. I’m sure she’ll forgive you if you sincerely apologize” Krystal said with a bit too much excitement at the thought of Jiyeon. This only made Sulli feel even worse. The girl she loves so much gets happy with the thought of someone else. She was hurt by Jiyeon too, why isn’t Krystal asking how she feels? Why doesn’t her own best friend ask if she’s okay? Why is life so unfair?

Suddenly the young Jung’s voice stopped the heartbroken girl’s train of thought.

“Yah Choi Jinri, why aren’t you answering me?” Krystal asked with a tone of annoyance. In her mind she thought Sulli was being stubborn which was why the girl was hesitant about apologizing. Krystal would’ve never expected that the source of all her best friend’s pain was none other than herself.

“S-Sorry Soojung. I promise I’ll apologize to Jiyeon-ssi”

“Good. So let’s all meet up tonight and have dinner.”

“TONIGHT?!” Sulli shouted.

“Yes tonight! If you chicken out, don’t expect me to forgive you so easily”

“B-But…” The older tried to speak but was cut off by the ice princess.

“No buts Choi Jinri. We’ll meet 6pm sharp at the restaurant Sica Unnie always took us to eat at”

Sulli sighed in defeat and agreed.

“Alright. See you there. Bye Jinri” Krystal said and hanged up leaving a frustrated Sulli staring at her phone frustrated.

‘This is going to be a long night’ The poor unlucky girl thought and groaned before making her way to her closet to change for tonight.

~~

Yoona and Hyuna were staring at each other while waiting for the cops and their sister to arrive at the scene of the crime. Hyuna could not believe her eyes right now. Although her sister died years ago and looked different then, she knew the figure in front of her right now was none other than the sister she loved so dearly. The only question that remains is why is she still in this world?

Meanwhile Yoona was wondering what she should be doing in the situation. Jessica had tied the two unconscious crooks to a tree and stayed away from the two because she knew the siblings deserved some alone time at the moment.

Jessica crossed her arms and rested on the tree until she heard a slight beeping noise. Her watch that was given by her guardian angel had lit up, which meant it was another message.

A hologram with Jessica’s spirit profile appeared. The profile included her name, date of birth, time of death, and her quota.

The profile began to edit itself and changed Jessica’s quota from 996 to 995.

Jessica smiled at the new change, but noticed the watch had a new feature she did not see before. The ghost girl slowly pressed on what appeared to be similar to a message in the phones of the human world.

“Hey Sica!!”

“Gah!” Jessica screamed when she was surprised by the face of Sunny.

“Yah!! What do you mean ‘gah!’?! Aren’t you glad to see me?” The angel complained.

“S-Sorry Sunny. And what is this?” Jessica asked. The blonde noticed that the angel had an unusually serious expression on her cute cat like face.

“Well I have good news and bad news.” Sunny said.

“Uhm… okay carry on.” Jessica replied.

“Wait, this concerns Yoona too. You need to show her this”

Jessica nodded and did as she was told. The blonde tapped Yoona’s shoulder to get her attention. Both of them looked at the screen as Sunny continued her message.

“I have good and bad news for you both.”

“Can we hear the good news first?” Yoona asked.

“So… the good news is once again Jessica’s quota has dropped and we’ve checked your grief scale, Im Yoona, you no longer have any reasons to stay in this world so you can move on to the other world. The thing that was holding you back was the idea that you caused your family a lot of pain. You are now aware that it is not true.” Sunny explained.

Both Jessica and Yoona looked at the screen with an obvious face of shock. Hyuna overheard this and although the young child had no idea what was happening, she knew that Yoona would be leaving her once again. Just the thought of not having her sister again made the young child tear up. The older Im overheard the sobs of the younger girl and crouched down to wipe the tears off her beloved sister’s cute face. Hyuna looked up to see the girl smiling sadly and patting her head to cheer her up.

“Don’t cry Hyunnie. Unnie will still always be with you” Yoona said and kissed Hyuna’s forehead. Hyuna shook her head and jumped into her sister’s arms.

“No!” Hyuna shouted and shook her head.

“It’s not fair! Yoona Unnie left me once already! Now she has to leave again?! This isn’t fair! Unnie you always promised Hyuna that you’d spend forever with her!” The little girl cried.

Yoona tried to hide her tears so she hugged her sister even tighter.

“I’m sorry Hyuna. Unnie is sorry that she is such a terrible Unnie who can’t keep her promises. Unnie is sorry that she is constantly lying to her Hyunnie.” Yoona apologized.

Jessica watched the pitiful sisters and sighed at how tragic their family is, but then she remember Sunny still had bad news. Sunny was also observing the girls and was dreading what to tell them next.

“Sunny. What’s the bad news?” Jessica questioned.

The angel sighed with a heavy heart while Yoona picked up her little sister who was refusing to let go of her. The girl was wrapped around the ghost like a koala bear hugging its mother. If someone were to come it, they would see a crying, floating child, which would definitely make the news.

“The bad news is…” Sunny started explaining but looked away because she couldn’t bear with what she was going to tell the two spirits and the little child.

“Yoona is moving on, but she won’t be going up there” the angel finished.

Jessica’s eyes widened in shock at the news.

“Yah!! Lee Sunny! What do you mean she won’t be going up there?!! Where else would she be going?!!” Jessica shouted. Yoona on the other hand was too shocked to even talk. Why is fate so cruel? What had she done wrong?

“Yoona put our world in great risk by showing herself to the humans and also hurting them. Our leader cannot allow this and although what she did was valiant, rules are rules”

“What do you mean?! I did the same to those bastards who tried to touch my Tiffany! How is Yoona saving her sister any different?!”

“The difference is Tiffany was in need of that assistance. Something bad was obviously going to happen to her had you not stepped in and those fools were dealt with correctly. We are only allowed to interfere with the human world if the outcome of the event will change. Had you not saved Tiffany, she would’ve been… you know. You changed Tiffany’s fate that day because what happened to her would not have happened if she did not spot you.”

“I still don’t understand” Jessica mumbled under her breath.

“What is different here is that according to files we received from the fate department, Im Hyuna was supposed to get kidnapped and saved by her sister, Kahi. Even if you and Yoona had not stepped in, her fate would’ve been exactly the same. She would have ended up unscathed and those crooks would have gotten captured.” Sunny explained. Jessica understood what Sunny was saying, but she did not like any of the words coming out of the angel’s mouth.

“This is why Yoona will be sent to the underworld” Sunny finished and looked away.

Jessica wanted to shout, but she didn’t. She knew this wasn’t Sunny’s fault.

“Yoona… I’m sorry. This is my fault. I shouldn’t have taken you to meet your sister today.” Jessica apologized.

Yoona forced a smile and shook her head.

“No it’s fine Unnie. I probably would’ve sneaked off to see Hyunnie anyways.” The younger ghost said hoping to ease some of the burden off Jessica’s shoulder.

Hyuna looked at Yoona and pecked her cheek, bringing a small smile to the older girl.

“Pretty blonde Unnie” Hyuna mumbled to get Jessica’s attention.

“Yes?” Jessica answered and looked at the child that was in Yoona’s arms.

“Don’t blame yourself. I got to meet Unnie again thanks to you” Hyuna smiled cutely.

This gave Jessica a bittersweet feeling. She brought happiness to both of the girls, but now she’s bringing pain to them both.

Hyuna reached for Jessica’s hand and looked at the watch.

“Please don’t take Yoona Unnie away” The girl pleaded to Sunny.

“I-I’m sorry little girl, but rules are rules. We can’t just give up something without getting something in return”

‘I didn’t know heaven was a business. Damn…’ Jessica thought.

Hyuna slowly cried and Yoona kissed the child’s nose to calm her down.

Jessica watched and took a deep breath once she got an idea.

“Sunny-ah” Jessica called out.

“Yes Jessica?”

“How about I make a proposition?” the blonde said.

“And what would that be?” Suny suspiciously asked.

“You let Yoona stay with me for now to continue my mission. If I fail, you send us both to hell. But if we succeed, you let us both live again” Jessica declared.

“What?!!” Both Sunny and Yoona shouted.

“Jessica! Do you know what you’re getting yourself into?!! If you fail you’re going where you don’t deserve to be in! Initially, if you failed, you’d just stay in heaven! Are you sure you want to risk this??” Sunny asked.

“Sunny Unnie is right Jessica Unnie! It’s not worth it! I’m not worth it!” Yoona yelled.

Jessica gave a gentle smile to Yoona and lightly hit her head.

“Dummy, you’re like my dongsaeng. You think I’ll let you go to hell for being a hero? Plus, Tiffany would probably never talk to me again if I told her why you’re going there.”

Yoona couldn’t hide how grateful she felt at the moment, the same for the younger Im.

Hyuna reached over to Jessica and Jessica confusedly opened her arms to hug the little girl.

“Thank you pretty unnie” the girl cried.

Jessica smiled at the two Ims. She found it adorable how similar the two girls were.

“So Jessica…” Sunny interrupted.

“Yeah Sunny?”

“I just asked my boss.”

“And? What did he say?”

“He laughed” Sunny answered, which made Jessica frown.

“Yah! You tell him that he can go f-“

“Wait I’m not done Sica!” Sunny shouted.

“…” Jessica raised her eyebrow as a signal for the angel to continue.

“So he laughed and found it ridiculous that even with all that you have been given, you’re still asking for something else. But, he finds you most admirable and wants to applaud your bravery and loyalty…” Sunny smiled.

“…” The three girls in the human world listened carefully.

“So he has agreed to it because it’s amusing. But, if you do take this challenge, he will cut your 5 year time to 1 year. This means you have to do 1000 good deeds in just a year.”

“Alright…anything else?”

“You can still take back what you said, it’s not too late” Sunny said.

“No. I’m sticking with this. I will take the one year challenge. I will do 1000 good deeds and I will not let Yoona disappear. We will go to hell together if we have to” Jessica adamantly stated. Sunny looked for any signs of hesitation in the girl’s eyes but all she saw was determination. The angel chuckled and shook her head.

“You’re crazy you know that Jung Sooyeon?”

“I know, this is why I won’t go back on my word”

“Okay… so a deal’s a deal. Yoona will stay in this world, but in return, you lose 4 years.”

“Great. 5 years sounded like a long time anyways.” Jessica arrogantly proclaimed.

Yoona watched her Unnie and couldn’t help but smile at how admirable she is.

The two ghosts watch as the hologram changed Jessica’s profile.

Name: Jessica Jung Sooyeon

Gender: Female

D.O.B: April 18th, 1995

D.O.D: August 27th, 2012

Mission: Do 1000 good deeds in one year. 995/1000 left. Must be completed by August 31st, 2013.

“So it’s official now. Good luck Jessica, you crazy kid”

“Bye Sunny”

The hologram disappeared and the three girls were left alone in silence.

Yoona looked at the older girl with obvious guilt, which did not go unnoticed by the ice princess.

“Yah! Im Yoona, I gave up those 4 years for you! You should at least repay me by looking happy so it doesn’t seem like it’s wasted!” Jessica scolded and hit Yoona’s head while Hyuna, who was still in Jessica’s arms, watched the two in amusement.

“Ow! Unnie!” Yoona whined.

“Stop looking so sad then! And you better expect to get your worked like a slave because both our asses will be in hell if we don’t complete 1000 deeds by next year.”

Yoona gave Jessica one of her most sincere smiles and nodded. She pulled out her arms so Hyuna could go back to her sister’s embrace. Yoona kissed her sister’s nose lovingly while Hyuna did the same.

‘I guess I should tell the news to Tiffany.’ Jessica sighed.

~~

Tiffany saw Krystal getting her jacket and shoes.

The time was now 5:30PM.

“Soojung-ah, where are you going?” Tiffany asked the younger.

“I’m going to meet up with both Jiyeon and Jinri so Sulli can properly apologize” Krystal said.

“Oh? Do you want me to drive?”

“That’d be great Unnie” Krystal smiled.

Tiffany and Krystal made their way to the older’s car and Tiffany began to drive to Krystal’s destination. When she realized it was the restaurant that she used to go to with Jessica a lot, she slowly smiled.

Once they stopped, Krystal got out of the car.

“Goodbye Unnie. Have a nice night” Krystal said.

“Do you want me to drive you home later?” Tiffany asked.

“It’s fine” Soojung replied and shook her head.

“Okay then. Stay safe” Tiffany responded and drove back to her home. The girl walked to her room and closed the door behind her. Yoona and Jessica were not back yet so Tiffany decided to start her research.

‘Time to find out who Lee Jooyeon is and why UEE hates Jessi and Krystal so much’

~~

Krystal waited patiently in the front of the restaurant. She had texted both Jiyeon and her best friend the location about an hour ago. The girl was waiting for at least one of them to come so she could at least have someone to talk to. Suddenly a guy came up to Krystal and he looked much older than her.

“Are you alone?” He asked with a greasy smile.

“I’m waiting for someone.” Krystal answered without looking at him.

“Why don’t we have some fun for a while?” He suggested.

“No thank you. I don’t talk to strangers” The girl coldly replied.

The man frowned but still refused to give up.

“Well now, friends were all strangers at first, but that’s why we’re supposed to learn about each other more.”

“Can you screw off? I’m not interested” the younger Jung had enough and glared at him.

“You little !” The man was about to slap Krystal, but someone grabbed his wrist from behind. He turned around to see who it was, but felt a wave of pain when the person twisted his wrist.

“Ow ow ow!” The man cried out in agony.

“If a girl is telling you to screw off, you should at least have the decency to respect that” the person scoffed.

Krystal looked to see who saved her and felt her heart beating when she realized it was her prince Park Jiyeon.

“Now if I let go, you’ll promise to get you and your pathetic away from us” threatened Jiyeon.

“Y-Yes! I promise!” desperately cried the man. Jiyeon playfully grinned in victory and let go of the man, who hurried away.

“You alright?” Jiyeon asked.

Krystal nodded and the two walked inside the restaurant while waiting for the last person to show up.

‘Sulli better not chicken out of this’ Krystal thought, but she thought it wouldn’t be that bad to have some time alone with the heartthrob of the freshmen year.

Sulli arrived shortly afterwards and Krystal sighed in relief. At least her best friend knew what to do.

The girl sat across from the two who arrived earlier and the 3 ordered their drinks and food. Once the waitress walked away Sulli nervously glanced at Jiyeon who was staring outside the window. The girl gathered enough courage and opened to speak.

“J-Jiyeon-ssi”

Jiyeon turned her attention to the girl.

“Yes?”

“I-I’m very sorry for wrongfully hurting you” Sulli apologized and bowed. Krystal smiled and was proud of her friend. Sulli looked up and saw Jiyeon smiling at her.

“It was nothing Sulli-ssi. I know you were just worried about Krystal that’s all. It’s all good. Your punch didn’t hurt that much anyways. I hope you’re okay though” Jiyeon shyly said.

“I-I’m fine.”

Sulli felt horrible. Krystal was right about Jiyeon. She really is such a nice person.

The three sat down and began to eat their food. The entire time they were eating, Sulli noticed Krystal shyly stealing glances at the girl next to her. 

‘I guess I really am just a friend.’

TBC

Omg I haven’t updated in ½ a year. My sincerest apologies. *bows* Thank you to the 110 subscribers, 5 upvoters, all my commenters and readers. I am truly not worthy of having such amazing readers. I hope this extra-long chapter makes up for being away for so long.
@ PlayerHwang I'm sorry for being so late. And I'll try to have Jeti in the next chapter. 
@ pytvty2013 bet your excitement died xD *bricked*
@ budhakz_marshie I will have more Jungli I promise :)
@ shineenat don't worry! Sulli won't give up without a fight!
@ AsukaEnergetic ahaha I was away even longer this time. Not really something to be proud about but okay xD
@ JETI022 yup. It's up to Krystal. And I don't think Jistal is a real tag here LOL 
@ SONE999 mianhe :'((
@ Park_harin omg this makes me so happy ; u ; thank you so much

See y'all in August 2014!! JK JK JK *dodges bricks* I won't take 6 months. I promise!! T__T please don't kill me