Chapter 2

TSQ- Thousand Spirits Quota

Chapter 2

 

The funeral service for Jessica Jung was almost over. After everyone said their final goodbyes, the people in charge of burying Jessica closed the coffin and carried Jessica's lifeless body to the car. The close friends and family of the girl followed. in the first car was Jessica's body. The car behind it was Jessica's family, her parents and her younger sister Krystal. The third car was Yuri, Sooyoung, Seohyun, Taeyeon and Tiffany. While everyone else was busying crying for the late Jessica, a certain eye smiling girl was trying to recall what happened back in school while she was singing.

 

Am I going crazy? I know I heard Jessi's voice singing with me. Was it my imagination? Argh... what is going on here? Jessi are you watching over us? Tiffany thought.

 

Yuri noticed her best friend looking stressed out and wrapped her arms around her. "Hey Fany... are you okay?" Yuri's eyes were swollen and red from crying. Tiffany nodded her head slightly and returned a hug.

 

"I'm fine Yuri.. I'm just thinking. That's all" Tiffany replied.

 

"Okay. Remember if you have anything you want to let out. You can tell me. Sica would probably haunt me if she found out I wasn't supporting her lover" Yuri joked and laughed a little, but Tiffany knew Yuri was one of the Jessica's closest friends. The two had been friends since they were children, it's no surprise that Jessica's death affected Yuri a lot. Ever since the car accident Yuri stopped smiling as much. She was not as out going. Sooyoung and Taeyeon too. The two of them were usually very loud and dorky, but lately they have been more quiet and always crying. Seohyun, who was the most mature cried her heart out. She spent three days crying for Jessica to return.

 

Jessi.. we all miss you so much.

 

The car stopped at the cemetery and everyone got out. Yuri and Seohyun helped get Tiffany into her wheel chair. They walked to the spot that was dug up for Jessica. Tiffany looked to her left and saw Mr and Mrs Jung holding onto Krystal who was struggling to get out of their embrace.

 

"Let me go mom dad!! Please!! Don't bury Sica Unnie!! Sica Unnie... UNNIE!!!" Krystal let out a high pitched scream and fell to the floor. Her hand was covering her face and she was crying. Kystal was mature for her age, and even though she knows everyone eventually dies, it was hard for her to grasp that her older sister was gone. She not only lost her big sister, but her closest friend. There was no longer someone for her to fight with, argue with, share secrets with, watch movies with and other things she and Jessica use to do. When her parents told her that her sister was gone, Krystal felt her whole world crumble.

 

~~

 

Fourteen year old Krystal Jung was in her room using the computer and watching television on a normal Saturday night, like any other teenager her age. She was bored as hell especially because her older sister was out on a date. It was raining too hard for her to go out.

 

"Aish.. Pabo Unnie should've at least dropped me off at Sulli's house. This is boring as hell" Krystal complained to herself. She her phone to call Sulli, but smiled when she saw her wallpaper. It was a picture of her and Jessica. As much as Krystal enjoyed teasing Jessica, she loves Jessica a lot. Jessica is her best friend and one of the best big sisters ever. When Jessica was still struggling to confess to Tiffany, Krystal fully supported her big sister and tried very hard to get Jessica and Tiffany together as a couple.

 

Suddenly Krystal heard a loud noise downstairs and walked out of her room to the stairs and saw her parents by the door completely soaked in rain and breathing heavily. Krystal could feel something was not right about this, but shook the feeling to greet her parents.

 

"Hi mom. Hi daddy. What's wrong? I thought you two were out" Krystal asked.

 

"Jessica and Tiffany got into a car accident!!!" Mrs. Jung screamed in english. Mr Jung hugged his wife. "Come on Krys.. We have to get to the hospital." Mr. Jung said and dragged Krystal to the car and started driving to the hospital.

 

Krystal sat in the back and was completely silent the whole time. She was trembling and trying to find the words to say. She looked outside the window and was praying nothing happened to her Unnie. Finally the Jung family arrived at the hospital. Krystal ran to the ICU and saw Sooyoung, Yuri and Seohyun there outside the operating room.

 

"Unnies!!" Krystal yelled. The three older girls ran to pull Krystal into a tight embrace.

 

"How are Sica and Fany Unnie??" Krystal asked.

 

"The two of them are in the operating rooms right now. Their wounds are very severe" Seohyun said and started crying again. Sooyoung hugged the younger girl and looked at Krystal, who was trying to hold back her tears.

 

Unexpectedly the operating room door opened and a nurse came out.

 

"Who here is the family of Jung Sooyeon?" The nurse asked. The jung parents ran to the nurse hoping to hear positive news of Jessica.

 

"We're her parents! How is my daughter?" "How is my Unnie??"

 

The nurse looked down and shook her head. "We're sorry. We've done the best we could, but she lost too much blood. There's nothing else we can do. We're truly sorry" The nurse said and walked away. Mrs. Jung fainted when she heard the news. Mr Jung and Sooyoung helped the women up. Krystal saw Jessica's lifeless body on the operating table.

 

"Sica Unnie!!!" She ran to her sister with tears flowing. "Wake up Unnie!! This isn't funny!! Your jokes !! Please wake up! You still have to marry Fany Unnie!! Don't leave me Unnie.... please don't leave us!! Stop sleeping you lazy bum!! Wake up or I'll get a cucumber! Wake up!! Unnie... UNNIE!!!" Krystal violently shook her older sister, she was screaming telling her to wake up, but she already knows Jessica is gone.

 

"Krystal! It's too late." Yuri grabbed Krystal and pulled her away. Krystal was struggling.

 

"Fany Unnie is waiting for you!! You tried so hard to get her to love you!! You're just going to throw it all away??? Wake up!!! UNNIE!!!"

 

Yuri and Sooyoung drove Krystal home while their parents stayed in the hospital to discuss about Jessica's car accident and if they want to press charges against the drunk driver.

 

Krystal walked into her room and crawled into her bed. She stared at the picture of her and Jessica.

 

"Unnie.... why did you leave me?" Krystal cried herself to sleep.

 

~~

 

Tiffany used her wheel chair and bent over and pulled Krystal into an embrace. "Krys... please don't cry. Jessi wouldn't want to see you like this. You know she liked it best when you smiled. I do too" Krystal nodded and slowly got back on her feet. Tiffany was still holding onto the younger girl.

 

Sica Unnie.. I miss you so much. Krystal said to herself.

 

Jessi.... if you really are watching over us. Don't worry. I'll take care of Krystal and your parents.

 

~~

 

The next few days, things were starting to get back to the way it was. There were still the occasional crying and mourning for Jessica. The only ones still having a hard time adjusting to the lost of Jessica were friends and Tiffany. The following weekend, Tiffany was still recovering from her wounds, but was able to walk again. It's been almost 3 weeks since the accident. Tiffany was dispatched from the hospital. To celebrate Yuri took her best friend to the mall to get her mind off things. the older girl rarely spoke and always looked around.

 

The two of them stopped by the food court and ordered some food and beverages.

 

"Fany- Ah.. where do you want to go?" Yuri asked.

 

"I don't really feel like going anywhere" Tiffany replied and shook her head.

 

Yuri just nodded and sighed.

 

After window shopping for about 2 hours Tiffany and Yuri walked out to the park. It was hot and crowded with people and street vendors. Suddenly Tiffany noticed a familiar figure in the crowd.

 

"J... Jessi" Tiffany stopped and her eyes widen. Yuri noticed the strange behavior and looked at Tiffany, but noticed the older girl had ran away.

 

"What the hell?? Fany wait up!!!" Yuri chased the older girl. But was having a hard time finding her with so many people in the way.

 

~~

 

I know my eyes aren't playing tricks on me. I KNOW i saw Jessi.. MY Jessi!! Tiffany told herself while running the direction she saw her deceased girlfriend.

 

She stopped running when she noticed she was in the dead end.

 

Was it my imagination again?? First I hear her voice, now this. What is going on?? Tiffany was going to leave, but saw 3 guys blocking the road. Their eyes were filled with lust and they their lips. Tiffany felt scared seeing these guys.

 

"Hi cutie... why are you here by yourself? Do you want to have some fun?" One of the guys asked her. He was taller than the other 2.

 

"No thank you.. I'll leave now" Tiffany said, hoping to leave and not aggravate the 3 guys. She screamed when one of them grabbed her wrist and pushed her against the wall.

 

"We didn't say you can leave." A shorter guy said.

 

One the guys took out a knife and scared Tiffany. The other one pulled down her skirt. The tall guy's hands were covering Tiffany's mouth the prevent her from screaming.

 

Save me!! Someone!! Please... Jessi. Tiffany started crying. The leader started Tiffany's neck.

 

The other 2 started laughing watching Tiffany struggle. Tiffany was about the give up, but heard one of the guys scream.

 

"What the F**K?? Why did you cut me??" The shortest guy screamed at the guy with the knife.

 

"I.. I don't know... My arms.. move on it's own!!" The 2nd guy yelled.

 

"Will you idiots be quiet!" The leader yelled and turned his attention to his cohorts.

 

Suddenly he felt something punch him in the stomach. The knife flew out of the 2nd guy's hand and slashed the leader in his arms.

 

"What the f**k is going on??" the three guys screamed. They were all knocked unconscious by falling rocks.

 

Tiffany was still crying, but felt a warm embrace. This feeling was nostalgic. What happened? Tiffany's eyes were heavy. She was still healing from her injuries and after all that energy waste, she felt like sleeping. She closed her eyes. Before she went to sleep she heard a voice whisper in her ears.

 

"Don't cry Tiff. I'm here. I'll protect you no matter what. I love you"

 

Tiffany then fell into unconsciousness,  

 

"Tiffany!! Oh my god!!" Yuri saw her unconscious friend and piggy backed her. She saw the 3 guys on the floor bleeding and Tiffany's shredded clothes. Yuri felt anger and called the police to arrest the 3 guys. Before Yuri left she felt something odd about the alley. Yuri always had a strong sixth sense since she was a child.

 

Something paranormal happened here, but this feels... warm. Is it Jessica? Should I tell Fany? Or should I wait until I'm sure it's Jessica? Sica what are you doing here? Yuri thought.

 

TBC