Chapter 4

TSQ- Thousand Spirits Quota

Chapter 4

 

"Tiff" Tiffany got off the ground and turned around. When she saw who called her she felt time stop, her heart was beating faster.


"J- Jessi???"

 

"Hi sweetie" Jessica said shyly and scratching the back of her head. She was surprised that Tiffany could see her, but she wasn't complaining. In fact she was overjoyed that Tiffany could see her. Although now she's wondering how Tiffany will take it.

 

"Jessi... how you are? Why are you? ... what?? You're.. supposed to be dead." Tiffany was trying to find the right words to say. It's not everyday a person sees a ghost, especially one of their dead girlfriend.

 

"Uh.. I am dead. What you're not happy to see your girlfriend?" Jessica pouted

 

The younger girl walked up to Jessica still with a very confused looked. Their faces were inches apart. Tiffany put her hand on Jessica's cheek to see if she was dreaming or seeing things.

 

"T- Tiff.. OW!!" Jessica felt her cheeks getting pinched by Tiffany. The ice princess didn't even know a ghost could feel pain. Tiffany let go of Jessica's cheek, while the older girl was rubbing it to assuage the pain.

 

"What was that for Tiff?" Jessica pouted again.

 

"You're.. actually here." Tiffany uttered, without a warning she tackled the older girl and pulled her into a tight embrace. Jessica fell onto the grass with Tiffany on top of her, sobbing.

 

"I've.. missed you so much" Tiffany whispered. Jessica felt a warm liquid fall onto her face and saw Tiffany crying.

 

"Tiff... I'm sorry. Please don't cry" Jessica sat up while the crying girl was sitting on her lap. Jessica hugged her lover tightly and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

 

"Don't cry anymore Tiff. It breaks my heart." Jessica whispered.

 

Tiffany nodded and hugged her girlfriend. Her head resting on Jessica's shoulder. The two of them stayed like that for some time, neither wanted to break the sweet moment. They have missed each other a lot.

 

"Jessi" Tiffany said.

 

"Hmm?" Jessica replied. The two were still hugging.

 

"Why are you here?" Tiffany asked. She broke the hug and stared at Jessica, waiting for her response.

 

Jessica looked at Tiffany and sighed. "Well as you can see. I'm dead."

 

Tiffany nodded sadly, but stayed quiet to hear the rest of Jessica's explanation.

 

"Well god gave me a chance to live again. He said if I can do like 1000 good deeds I can return to life." Jessica said and showed Tiffany her watch that helped her keep track of her quota and communicate with heaven.

 

"...." Tiffany said nothing.

 

"Uh.. Tiff? Are you okay? Hello.. earth to Tiffany" Jessica snapped her fingers in front of Tiffany, but the girl was still staring at her with a blank expression. Suddenly Tiffany pulled Jessica into another tight hug. Tears were flowing from Tiffany's face again after hearing the news. She wanted nothing more than to spend her life with Jessica.

 

"Tiff?" Jessica said while rubbing the younger girl's back to calm her down.

 

"Thank God. I'm so happy. I thought you were going to be gone forever" Tiffany muttered in between her sobs.

 

Jessica chuckled and kissed Tiffany's forehead.

 

"I'm here now"

 

"Jessi"

 

"Hm?"

 

"Were you the one that saved me from those creeps earlier?" Tiffany questioned.

 

Jessica nodded and gave Tiffany a smile. "So you knew it was me even then?"

 

"When you hugged me. I felt safe and nostalgic. That feeling only happens when you're there." Tiffany replied.

 

"Same for me Tiff" Jessica placed her lips on Tiffany's and gave her a short and gentle kiss. Jessica looked at Tiffany's body and saw some scars and bruises from the accident. Feeling guilt she kissed all of Tiffany's wounds.

 

"I'm sorry you got hurt. It's my fault" Jessica said sadly and looked at the ground.

 

"No it's not. It's that driver's fault!" Tiffany screamed.

 

"I should've checked the road" Jessica replied, still looking down.

 

"The guy was drunk. Jessi there was nothing you could do. And in the end.. the one that got the most hurt was you" Tiffany argued.

 

"I guess."

 

The two were quiet until Tiffany broke the silence once again. "Jessi I have a question. Exactly how are you going to return to your body if it was buried?" Tiffany asked.

 

".... oh crap you're right." Jessica said with the sudden realization that she has no body to return to.

 

Beep. Beep. "Don't worry about it" A voice said coming from Jessica's watch.

 

"Who is that?" Tiffany asked.

 

"Sunny. The angel in charge of helping me" Jessica explained.

 

Tiffany nodded and saw a girl with short blonde hair and a lot of aegyo at the screen of the watch.

 

"Hello Hwang Tiffany. I am Sunny. Your girlfriend's guardian angel kinda."

 

"Oh.. nice to meet you" Tiffany bowed to the screen.

 

"So Sunny. What are going to do about me being body-less?" Jessica asked.

 

"Hm... you'll know eventually. For now just worry about your quota." Sunny said.

 

Jessica sighed and nodded.

 

"And Ms. Hwang."

 

"Yes? Please just call me Tiffany or Fany"

 

"You're one of the few people that can see her. Either you have a strong 6th sense or a strong love for her. Maybe both. Please help her in this quest. Having someone that can talk to other living people would be handy."

 

"You don't even need to ask. Of course I'll help my Jessi" Tiffany gave Sunny an eye smile and kissed Jessica's cheek. Jessica blush while Sunny closed her eyes.

 

"Please! I'm still here!" Sunny complained.

 

"Jealous my baby is so cute?" Jessica teased and kissed Tiffany's cheek.

 

"Agh! I'm leaving. Bye! Oh by the way I suggest checking SM academy. There's been some reports of something weird happening in that school. Bye!"

 

The screen turned blank and sunny's visual disappeared.

 

"So.." Jessica said.

 

"So..." Tiffany copied.

 

"Onto SM Academy?" Jessica asked.

 

"Of course!"

 

The two got into Yuri's car, which Tiffany stole borrowed from Yuri. Jessica could technically fly to the school, but decided to sit with her girlfriend instead. Jessica missed driving with Tiffany.

 

When they arrived at SM Academy, the school was deserted because everyone had dismissed already. Jessica, with the ability to walk through walls and solidify herself at will, walked through the gates and opened them for Tiffany. When they got inside the building they saw most of the lights were off. Their only source of light was from the sun outside. It was already 6 pm which meant the sun was setting soon.

 

Tiffany felt scared, but relaxed when Jessica held her hand. The hallways weren't that creepy but this reminded her of the time she and Jessica were locked in the school when they came back to celebrate her 10th birthday.

 

~~

 

"Jessi.. why are we here?" 10 year old Fany asked her friend, Jessica.

 

"You talk too much.. stop asking questions" Jessica said impatiently.

 

"You talk too little... you don't answer much" Tiffany responded.

 

Jessica chuckled. "Just stop talking" She dragged Tiffany into their homeroom.

 

"Okay.. take off your blindfold" Jessica ordered. Tiffany took off her blindfold and saw that the room was completely covered in pink, a huge card with a huge totoro and some cake.

 

"This.. is.. thank you Jessi!" Tiffany said while wiping the tears off her eyes.

 

"Heh.. since we already graduated, not like they can do anything to us. "

 

"Hey Hey.. stop crying Fany. We're going to middle school now. Now let's have some cake" Jessica cut a slice of cake and gave it Tiffany.

 

"Jessi how did you do this? And more importantly.. why did you choose our homeroom?" Tiffany asked.

 

"Because.." Jessica paused to swallow her strawberry cheesecake. "this is the place we first met. When you transferred here. This is the first time I'm spending your birthday with you. I wanted the two of us to be alone. My house has Krystal.. too annoying. And I dragged Yuri, Taeyeon, Seohyun and Sooyoung to help me with this. Now eat your cake."

 

Tiffany continued eating her cake but stopped when she felt Jessica wrap her arms around her.

 

"Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday my dear Tiffany. Happy Birthday to you" Jessica sang in english for Tiffany.

 

Tiffany turned around to give Jessica a peck on the cheek.

 

"Thank You Jessi" Tiffany uttered in english.

 

"You're welcome. Oh yeah look at your card. I got everyone from our graduating year to sign it."

 

"How did you do that?" Tiffany questioned with a surprised look.

 

"Coercion" Jessica said proudly. Tiffany chuckled and read the signatures. Suddenly the lights turned off.

 

"What the?" Jessica muttered.

 

Tiffany walked closer to Jessica and held her left hand. Her other free hand was holding onto the presents.

 

"Jessi.. this is scary. It's too dark" Tiffany shyly said.

 

"Don't worry. I'll get us out."

 

The two ten year olds walked past the dark hallways. Tiffany tightly held onto Jessica's hand. Jessica was trying hard to find the exit in the building.

 

"Jessi.. I'm scared" Tiffany muttered.

 

Jessica crouched down on the ground in front of Tiffany. Tiffany gave her a confused look.

 

"Get on my back" Jessica commanded.

 

"What? No way Jessi! I'm.. heavy" Tiffany said shyly.

 

"Get on my back or I'm ditching you" Jessica threatened. Tiffany obeyed and got on Jessica's back.

 

"Jessi... aren't I heavy?" Tiffany asked.

 

"No. I've lifted heavier" Jessica responded.

 

The two were still looking for the exit. Tiffany was holding onto Jessica tightly, she wasn't afraid of falling instead she was afraid of losing Jessica. She didn't like the dark one bit. As they were about the exit suddenly two figures jumped from the shadows. Tiffany released a high pitched scream, while Jessica released screams with a pitch that matched a dolphin's.

 

The two figures started laughing uncontrollably. That was when Jessica realized it was Yuri and Sooyoung.

 

"You two.. are so dead. Don't forget I know where you two live" Jessica threatened. The 2 younger girls turned pale and apologized before running out the door.

 

"Tiff are you okay?" Jessica asked.

 

"I'm fine Jessi.. just surprised. In the future if you want to celebrate my birthday. Let's just do it in my house" Tiffany joked.

 

"Okay" Jessica grinned and helped Tiffany up. The two walked home together.

 

The new few weeks Yuri and Sooyoung had become slaves of Jessica for their pranks. They were forced to cook, clean, carry bags, etc. The two learned a valuable lesson: Mess with Jessica means death.

 

Flashback End

 

~~

 

Tiffany and Jessica were still walking past the hallways of SM Academy. This was a school for people with a bright future in the arts. The students ranged from elementary school to high school. Tiffany saw a light in one of the rooms and pointed at it for Jessica to see.

 

"Stay behind me" Jessica ordered. She walked first as Tiffany followed from behind.

 

When they walked into the room they saw nothing. Just a huge mess.

 

"What is this?" Jessica muttered.

 

Tiffany looked around the room and saw the old childish pranks.

 

The two continued investigating until they heard a noise.

 

"Ow!" Someone screamed.

 

Jessica and Tiffany look to the direction of the scream and saw a tall girl probably younger than them with doe like eyes.

 

"Who are you?" Tiffany asked.

 

"Wait. Woah! You can see me??" The mystery girl asked surprised.

 

"We both can" Jessica responded.

 

"Well we're both ghosts. That's different. But wow this human can see me." The girl continued talking.

 

"What are you doing here girl?" Tiffany asked.

 

"What do you think. I'm bored so I'm messing with the classrooms" The girl said

 

"And is it okay if we learned your name and how you got here?" Tiffany asked.

 

" I died here when I was a child. I was always very sickly. I died even before I was 12. My name is.." The girl started talking before pausing to tell Tiffany and Jessica her name.  

 

"Im Yoona"

 

TBC