Chapter 1

TSQ- Thousand Spirits Quota

Chapter 1

 

Tiffany and Jessica were in the middle of english class. Being american born and living in California for much of their lives had their advantages, one being the two of them were top of their class. Being tops of their class also made Jessica even lazier. Tiffany was sitting in the front row and looked behind on the third row to see what her girlfriend was doing, only to find Jessica completely asleep.

 

Aish.. this lazy girl. If she gets caught by the teacher again she's going to have detention again. Tiffany thought and shook her head to get back to the lesson.

 

"Can anyone answer this question?" The teacher asked in english and Tiffany raised her hand.

 

"Can anyone besides Tiffany answer this question? Ms. Hwang thank you for always participating, but other students need to stop relying on you. Okay... Ms Jung! Answer this question." Their teacher, Kwon BoA called out the sleeping girl.

 

Jessi is going to get in trouble again... aigo. Tiffany face palmed and took out her cell phone to text Sooyoung, who was sitting next to Jessica, and have her wake up Jessica. What Tiffany did not notice was that Sooyoung's phone was off and the tall girl was too busy eating her bag of chips to wake up Jessica. Tiffany noticed Ms. BoA had disappeared from the front of the room and reappeared next to her girlfriend with an angry expression.

 

Oh Great... She's going to get in trouble again.

 

"MS. JUNG!!! Are you sleeping in my class again?? That's it! Detention for week!" BoA yelled at Jessica, who just awoken.

 

Since English was their last class of the day Jessica was forced to stay behind and was all the boards. Tiffany felt bad for her girlfriend having to wash 8 boards by herself and stayed behind with her.

 

"Jessi this is why I told you not to sleep in class so much" Tiffany started lecturing the older girl.

 

"Not like I'll fail. I have a perfect 100 average in this class. Tests and homework count the most anyway" Jessica pouted cutely making her girlfriend chuckle at her cuteness.

 

"Aigo.. I know Jessi. It's just i don't want you constantly staying after school washing boards. So promise me you will stop sleeping in class so much. Let's make a bet. If you don't sleep in any class for 2 weeks straight I will get you the new iphone" Tiffany made the wager with Jessica.

 

"And if I lose?" Jessica asked.

 

"Then you have to buy me that huge Totoro I've always wanted!" Tiffany replied ecstatically.

 

"Fine... But seriously Tiff, why do you even want that Totoro? It's like 5 feet tall and 2 feet wide." Jessica said while sighing. Anyway Jessica kind of predicted that she would lose this bet.

 

"But I want it!" Tiffany pouted cutely and reached her hand out.

 

"Fine fine.... we have a deal!" Jessica sighed.

 

For the next 13 days Jessica did not sleep in class at all, she did not like losing a bet, but she decided to surprise Tiffany with a Totoro anyway knowing how much the younger girl loved it. On the last day Jessica decided to sleep in their history class, making her lose the bet. She actually wasn't even asleep, she just didn't want Tiffany to spend so much money on her to buy the iphone. The weekend following that day, Jessica surprised Tiffany with the giant Totoro.

 

"I lost the bet fair and square. So here you go."

 

"Oh my gosh!! He's so adorable!! Thank you Jessi!!" Tiffany hugged the stuffed animated figure that was almost as tall as her.

 

"You're welcome" Jessica smiled at her girlfriend and pecked her lips.

 

"I love you Jessi"

 

"I love you t-"

 

Tiffany shot awoke from her dream due to the sharp pain on her arm that she was feeling from the car accident. Yes the pain from the car accident on her body was excruciating, but nothing could compare to the pain in her heart from losing the one she loved the most. She sat up from her bed with tears building up. The memory she had of her girlfriend made the pain even more unbearable as the eye smiling girl was still trying to accept that her lover is gone. The room was dark, the only source of light was from the moon outside.

 

"Jessi.... I miss you so much" Tiffany sobbed quietly so no one would hear her.

 

~~

 

Jessica, walked around the streets of Seoul, well more like flew. She was inspecting all the living life forms below her.

 

I wish I was one of them.

 

The blonde girl noticed a few ghosts every now and then, but most of them were scared away by the girl's glare. Her funniest encounter with another spirit happened just a few minutes ago. Jessica got bored of flying around the park and sat on a tree branch.

 

Flashback:

 

Jessica noticed a teenaged man hovering around a couple of kids. Almost like he wanted to scare them.

 

"You shouldn't do that.. That's not nice" Jessica told the man.

 

"You can see me?" The man asked.

 

"Well duh, I'm a ghost" Jessica replied cold.

 

"AH!! A ghost!! I'm afraid of ghosts!!" The man flew away leaving Jessica confused.

 

"But... he's a ghost too... what a moron" Jessica said to herself and shook her head.

 

End of Flashback:

 

"Then again, when i was up there I didn't know I died either. I guess we either don't know it or refuse to accept it. But I refuse to be one of them. I should be alive. I should be with Tiffany. What day is it anyway?"

 

Jessica was talking her to herself, normally if a regular person did they would get weird looks, but since people can't see her, why not? Suddenly Jessica noticed a watch appeared on her wrist and a loud voice called her out to break her train of thought.

 

"Jessica- Ssi!! You're suppose to help spirits! Not scare them away!" The voice yelled, it was the same girl that accompanied Jessica to the land of the living.

 

"I know I know... not my fault some people are afraid of themselves. Anyway what the heck is this watch?" Jessica asked the angel.

 

"It's a way for us to communicate with you and help you keep track with your quota. So far you have complete.. ZERO out of your one thousand quota. Are you serious about this?" The angel asked her.

 

"Of course I am. Just no one wants me to help them!" Jessica complained.

 

"Well find people with a strong sixth sense or something!"

 

"Fine!"

 

"Okay before we hang up, we have something that might interest you"

 

"What is it?"

 

"Guess what day it is"

 

"What?"

 

"Guess"

 

"I don't want to guess. Just tell me!! Geez"


"Fine.. Aish.. It's your funeral day." The angel replied with a sad expression.

"What?" Jessica's eyes widened at the response.

"Today your school is holding your funeral service"

~~

Everyone in the school gathered around the school's auditorium to mourn for the tragic student. Jessica was famous amongst the school. She was known for being one of the prettiest girls, the ice princess and an amazing singer. She often participated in talent shows that Tiffany dragged her to. When news got out that Jessica was killed by a drunk driver, the teachers and students felt as if they lost an important part of the community. Even though teachers did not appreciate Jessica constantly sleeping in their classes, they did respect the girl's contribution to the community and hard work when it came to academics.

In front of the auditorium was a picture of Jessica smiling and flowers. Sitting the front row were Jessica's closest friends; Yuri, Sooyoung, Seohyun and Taeyeon, Jessica's family including her heart broken younger sister, and most importantly, her girlfriend Tiffany.

No one in the room was able to hold their tears back. Although Tiffany is still injured she was allowed to be dispatched from the hospital just for today to see Jessica one last time. All of the their friends and families were trying to comfort the american girl. Especially Jessica's family who loves Tiffany like their own family member.

The principal called up Tiffany, who was sitting on a wheel chair and with the support of her friends, to go up and sing for them. At first this honor was given to Taeyeon, but Taeyeon believed Tiffany should do it. Tiffany accepted the offer. In front of everyone and in her wheel chair she began to sing. What no one in the room was aware of was that Jessica's ghost was watching over them in the balcony upstairs. Jessica felt so awkward staring at her own dead body and realized how much pain her death caused people. When she saw Tiffany in her state and all the injuries she had, Jessica tried to hold back her tears. She stopped when she noticed Tiffany was about to sing.

Up there on stage in front of everyone. Tiffany began to sing the song she choose. The school's band played the instruments. Within seconds of the song, the audience and Jessica had already realized what song Tiffany choose...

We Were In Love by T-ARA and Davichi. As soon as Tiffany started singing, Jessica couldn't control the tears that she was holding back. She started singing along.

We used to love, please don't make me cry
To me, it's only you
When I close my eyes, I see you - when I block my ears, I hear you
Please don't leave me

The person who became a light in my dark life, such a precious person
A day passes and another passes and Iong for you more, even as I sing this song

We used to love, please don't make me cry
To me, it's only you
When I close my eyes, I see you - when I block my ears, I hear you
Please don't leave me


You might come back, because you might return, again today, I wait for you
You don't know, you don't know how much I'm hurting, even as I sing this song

We used to love, please don't make me cry
To me, it's only you
When I close my eyes, I see you - when I block my ears, I hear you
Please don't leave me


If I were to chose between you and the world
Even if everything is taken away from me, if it's you, I'm okay
Day or night, I'm thirsty for love
My unseemly promise to forget you makes me cry again, can you hear me?
The only thing I want from you is you
Without you, I can't do anything
If you hear this song, please come back, come back

The more I love, the gaunter I get
To me, it's only you
We use to love, please don't make me ry
Please don't leave me

Yeah uh uh, in the end, you turn away and you keep me away
I threw away my pride and like a crazy person, I followed you
But my heart urged me on and told me
Not to lose you, who is the only one in the world
I pretended to smile, pretended to be fine
This is the last song I am singing to you
Please don't leave me.


"This was dedicated to the one I love the most. Jessi... I will never forget you. I love you and I miss you a lot. Jessi god took you away from me, but I pray that he will return you back to me." Tiffany said in between her sobs. Yuri and Seohyun who were helping Tiffany up there were also crying and hugging the older girl in hopes of easing her pain.

By the time Tiffany finished singing the song, the entire audience was moved to tears. Jessica was crying her heart out too. She realizes how much harder she must work to come back to life so that she can return to Tiffany.

"I won't hurt you anymore Tiff... I promise I will come back. So please wait for me. I love you too." Jessica flew out of the school.

Back inside the school, one by one people were giving flowers to Jessica and saying their prayers.

"Fany Unnie. That was beautiful. You have an amazing voice" Krystal, Jessica's younger sister, was crying and hugged Tiffany. Tiffany loved Krystal like a little sister so it hurts her to see Krystal like this.

Everyone praised Tiffany for being so brave up there, but one thing bothered the American girl..

Was it just my imagination? I could have sworn I heard Jessi's voice singing with me. 

TBC