D-23: One Step Forward.

25 Days 'Till Christmas

Listen to- "I'd Be Nice If It Were You" by Shin Hyesung

It was like an Sunday morning, Yookwon was having breakfast with his family. "So Yookwon-ah, any lucky girls?" His aunt asked.

He laughed and looked down. Hani was the only thing that came to his mind. Oh how he wanted to make her his and make her happy, but he had a long way until he would be able to call her his.

"No, not yet." He said. Everyone in the table groaned, not believing him.

"Yeah right, just look at you! You want us to believe that?" His other aunt commented making everyone laugh. Yookwon simply nodded his head.

His phone rang from the living room and he excused himself to go and get it. His eyes widened when he saw that it was Hani calling him.

He quickly picked it up, "Hello?" 

"Hey, uhh, are you busy?" Hani asked.

Yookwon shook his head even though she couldn't see, "N-no, I'm not. Why?" He asked in a rushed voice. He still couldn't believe Hani was calling him, especially this early.

"My mom made some brownies and I wanted to take you some..." She said in weird tone. She didn't know why she was thinking about Yookwon or why she wanted to go over to his house to take him baked goods.

Yookwon couldn't hide the wide smile on his face, "Yeah sure. My family's here so come on over." They hung up and Yookwon walked back to the table and sat down.

"Who was that?" His mom asked. Everyone saw how big Yookwon's smile was and knew it must've been someone important to him. 

"Oh, just a friend." Yookwon said.

About 10 minutes later Hani arrived to Yookwon's house. She let out a deep breath and rang the doorbell. A woman in her late 40's opened the door and her eyes widened.

"Omo, and you are?" She asked. 

Hani cleared and bowed, "Hello, I'm Bae Hani." 

The lady clasped her hands together and smiled, "You're beautiful! Perhaps you're here to see Yookwon-ah?" 

Hani smiled and nodded her head, "Thank you. And yes I am." Yookwon was passing by and his eyes widened when he saw his aunt talking to Hani.

"Ah!" He yelled and his aunt and Hani turned to look at him, "I-I got it. Hani come in." He said. 

Everyone turned their attention to the added person in the house and couldn't help but bask in her beauty. She bowed and introduced herself to everyone in the living room.

One of the little boys ran up and put his arms around her waist and rested his head on her hip, "Noona's pretty!" He said making everyone laugh.

Yookwon awkwardly laughed and tried to pry the little boy off of Hani but instead she lifted him up into his arms and kissed his cheek. Yookwon was indeed jealous.

Hani sat down on the couch and joined in on the family's conversations and laughs. She was enjoying herself and couldn't stop smiling and laughing. 

Yookwon noticed that she was happy for once and in return, he was happy too. It was already getting late so Hani was getting ready to leave.

She bid her goodbyes to everyone and Yookwon walked her to the door. "You're family's hilarious." Hani said with a smile on her face.

Yookwon laughed and nodded his head, "I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. It's good seeing you happy for a change."

Hani bit down on her lip and looked Yookwon in the eyes, "Thank you." She said and hugged him. Yookwon's eyes widened. Just yesterday, she was resistant to hug him but today she was the one pulling him in for a hug. He hugged her back and they said goodbye to each other.

Yookwon got inside and couldn't stop his heart from beating so fast. He was finally getting there, one step at a time. But he knew things would just keep moving along the more he tried.


Go Yookwon! :D