D-13: Stubborn.

25 Days 'Till Christmas

Listen to- "Dugeun Dugeun" by Lucite Tokki

Yookwon woke up the next morning with a massive headache and all of his body was in pain. "Bae Hani." He growled and got up to take a shower.

His walk to school was terrible. He seriously felt like he was going to pass out. His body was too weak to support him at this point. He could've easily stayed home but he chose not to; He's never been absent and he's not about to start now.

As he walked inside campus, everyone stared at him. He definitely looked sick, almost like a walking corpse. His skin was pale and his nose and cheeks were extremely red. 

"You don't look too good." He turned around and saw Hani. He gave her a small smile through his weakness.

"I'm fine." He replied.

Hani scoffed, "No you're not. You should go to the nurse, she'll send you home." 

Yookwon managed to get out a small laugh, "I'm fine really. Plus, I want to be with you."

Hani couldn't believe the stubbornness. She laughed, "You're unbelievable. Go home for me, please."

She tried and tried to convince him, but it wasn't working at all. "I'm staying, that's final. It's Wednesday, almost Friday. I can get through the day. Come on, let me walk you to class."

Yookwon walked ahead and Hani caught up to him. As they arrived outside of her classroom Yookwon gave her a weak smile and leaned in to hug her. 

As he was getting closer, he fainted into her arms causing both of them to almost fall. "Yookwon!" She yelled as she stumbled slightly but caught her balance. His feet were still on the floor and his limp body in her arms.

"Someone help!" She yelled out, her eyes pooling with tears.

A male teacher came out and helped her take Yookwon to the school's nurse.

After examining him, she walked up to Hani. "He's really sick. He's caught a bad cold and his body is weak right now. He shouldn't have come to school. I gave him some medicine for his cold and also he has a very high fever. I'll allow him to rest and I'll send him home once he wakes up."

Hani bowed, "Thank you." She walked back to class but she couldn't concentrate because she was worrying too much about Yookwon.

About 3 hours later, Yookwon woke up. He looked around the room and rubbed his head. The headache still hadn't gone away. "Oh, you're awake." Said the nurse as she rose from her chair.

She took out a thermometer and stuck it in his ear suddenly causing him to jolt up. "102. You still have a fever. You need to go home."

Yookwon shook his head, "No, no, I'm fine, really."

The nurse crossed her arms over her chest, "Hani will be fine if you don't walk her to her last 3 classes."

Yookwon cleared his throat and hopped off the bed. Yookwon eyed her as she handed him a paper. "Have your parents buy you these medicines. Now head home and rest. Don't come to school tomorrow and if you still feel sick, don't come on Friday."

Yookwon let out a sigh and bowed, "Thank you." He passed by Hani's classroom and was about to go in but he replayed the nurse's words in his head and walked away.