Then and now

A Little Spirit Will Do

Hyuna run around the park, watched by her mother and baby brother at one corner of the park. 

She was so observed into running, never did she realize a boy who was running around the park just like her, without looking forward. 

*bump*

the two kids fell down on their and moaned in pain. 

"Yah!" Hyuna screamed as she gained conscious and glared at the boy who seemed older than her. 

"Mihanae" the boy quickly stood up and lent his hand for Hyuna to stand. He didn't protest Hyuna, and kept calm like a gentleman. 

"Look where your going oppa!!!" Hyuna screamed in his face but her anger soon faded upon seeing the boy's beautiful face. His eyes were bit and looked right into her's and his straight nose line. 

Though just being 6, Hyuna instantly fell in love at first sight. 

"I'm sorry..." The boy kept on apologizing. He stared at her cute, well made face. He, too, felt something weird with her. A feeling he had never experienced. 

The two kept silent for a while until their mothers shouted their name, worrie since they were out of their sights. 

"HYUNA??""HYUNSEUNG?!" 

The two, simultaneously, turned to look at the direction their mothers were calling. 

"RIGHT HERE UMMA!!" Hyunseung shouted back and returned his eyes on Hyuna. Hyuna looked at Hyunseung with puppy eyes which made him feel uncomfortable. "Your alright, right?" He asked her

"dae..." Hyuna answered quietly, no signs of the previous girl who shouted in his face

"well I have to leave... Bye Hyuna ah" Hyunseung gave her a smile and run off towards his mother who waited him

Hyuna gazed towards the direction he disappeared. The voice of his echoed in her brain. The way he smiled and the way he called her name. 

"Hyunseung..." She mumbled 

---10years later---

Hyuna walked into the company she move into a few weeks ago. She finally got used to the new system and some trainees who belonged to CUBE as well. 

As usual, she entered the pass code for the company and walked in without any warnings.

*bump*

as soon as she released the door, she bumped into a guy. Her legs couldn't keep her in place and she was in the verge of falling down.

"Oh, be careful" the guy said and caught her by her arm.

"Sorry" Hyuna apologized and looked up. "Omo"

didn't shut as she saw what she saw.

"HYUNSEUNGIE!! WAIT FOR ME" a boy who wasn't taller than Hyuna came running after the guy who stood in front of her. The guy looke back and smiled just like he did 10 years ago.

"SEOB, hurry up" he chuckled "no injuries?" He asked

"dae..." Hyuna didn't wake up from her dreamland and answered bluntly 

"oh, Hyuna ah! This is Hyunseung, new trainee" as Yeoseob caught up he quickly introduced Hyuna to Hyunseung. 

"Annyonghaseyo..." Hyuna bowed deeply, not wanting to see him eye-to-eye

"have we met before?" Hyunseung felt something wriggle in his stomach. He didn't feel new to the girl. What's more, he never had this kind of feeling. Just once in his life. A blarr image of him and a girl at a park

"I don't know" Hyuna forced a smile and slipped theough the two boys into the company

"what? She used to be WG, Seung" Yeoseob said but it didn't reach Hyunseung's ears.

---****---

it was already late. It was lucky for the trainees since the company still didn't have an idol which meant all the rooms were free for them to use even at time like this.

 Hyuna sat on a chair, trying to review what she learnt at her singing class. She couldn't do what the teacher asked and was beginning to feel irritated. 

"Junhyung?" Hyunseung opened the door just to find Hyuna sitting with a knotted brows. 

"Sorry, I'm not Junhyung" Hyuna answered a bit frustrated 

"oh, mihane" Hyunseung said. Hyuna waited for the door to shut but when she looked up once again, she saw Hyunseung in side the room with the door shut. 

"What are you doing, oppa?" 

"Trying to help you" he answered bluntly and walked nearer to her "you seemed stuck"

Hyuna didn't say a word after that. She was nervous with his presence. It was unexpectable for him o be in the same room as her.

"it's a lie" he said after a few seconds. "I came here looking for you"

"MWO?" Hyuna asked back in shock

"I'm bored" Hyunseung said playfully. Hyuna was a bit backed off once again. Hyunseung wast that kind of boy who goes into a room who's kind of new to him. Especially, girls. 

"Err, why not go home?" Hyuna suggested. She didn't feel like singing in a room with Hyunseung in. It was too embarrassing to show her awful singing skills. 

"You don't want me here" he smirked as he looked right into her eyes. 

"A-aniyo!!" Hyuna quickly shook her head 

Hyunseung and Hyuna stared at each other for quite a long time. 

"You know... You resemble someone" Hyunseung said quietly. "A girl I met once when I was little" 

"you met her once and you remember?" Hyuna forced a light chuckle though inside she was hurt he didn't realize that it was her. 

"She was kinda special, I guess..." He looked up at the light and sighed "a love at first sight..."

Hyuna's eyes never left his face. She was complexed. A feeling of happiness hearing that he fell for her just like she did but at the same time a feeling of sadness of not being able to make him fall for her again. 

She gripped on the edge of her shirt and tried not to show her tears. She was trembling. 

She bit hard on her lips. 

"She had the same name as you" he continued "Hyuna" 

her heart ached. Why wouldn't w realize? Why can't he just love her?

"with big brown eyes and bright personality..." 

Hyuna couldn't help anymore and looked down. A drop of tear fell on her palm. 

"And what's more..." He moved his eyes down to the girl who sat looking down"

"I met her again" he walked closer to Hyuna "the girl I dreamed of meeting" he put his hand on her small head "Hyuna ah, I love you"

Hyuna jolted up with her red eyes which were full of tears. "W-what?!"

"I knew from first sight, the girl I bunped into 10 years ago is the girl I bumped into in my first day here" Hyunseung smiled warmly 

"b-but I thought you didn't-"

"I didn't have the chance to confess" he cut Hyuna and pulle her into his embrace "I loved you at first sight and till now. The only girl who kept her place in my heart is you, Hyuna"

Hyuna was melted with his sweet words.

"oppa, I think I was in love with a boy I met only once... A boy who blurted into my life when I was just small...." She hugged him tight "I think I love you too"