Chapter 12: Party part 2: I hate you.

You Should Be Mine {HIATUS}

 

“Why did you do that.” Those words penetrated the silent and gloomy air, as Chanyeol glared at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun pretended not to know anything and casually replied, “Do what?”

“Hold on to my hand for so long.” Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol’s face and saw a mixture of emotions. Hate, anger, guilt, sadness. All of those hurt Baekhyun very much. *Just wait a bit longer…*

Baekhyun hesitated, making it easily noticeable because he wanted Chanyeol to notice it. Chanyeol did, and glared at Baekhyun. “Tell me now.”

Baekhyun grinned to himself, hoping that the darkness covered his grin very well, and took out his phone. He scrolled down to the video of Kai and Kyungsoo kissing, and showed it to Chanyeol. “I did that because of this, Kyungsoo doesn’t deserve you. He was cheating on you ever since the field trip to the zoo, and only I knew about it. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you later Chanyeol.”

Baekhyun watched Chanyeol as Chanyeol sunk all the information in. Kai and Kyungsoo kissed before. Chanyeol’s eyes welled up with tears, and choked back a sob. It stayed like that for a few minutes, until Chanyeol couldn’t hold back his tears anymore and cried on Baekhyun’s shirt.

Baekhyun patted Chanyeol’s back sympathetically, it hurt him to see Chanyeol crying like this. “Don’t worry, I’ll take care of you…”

Chanyeol looked up to Baekhyun, and saw him in a different light. Just a few minutes ago, he hated Baekhyun, but now... it was really amazing how feelings can change. He looked at Baekhyun again and knew… that Baekhyun hoped to replace Kyungsoo in his heart and now Chanyeol hoped so too.  He burrowed himself into Baekhyun’s arms, “I know you will.”

 


 

Kyungsoo looked at Kai, and saw him smiling so he smiled too. What happened earlier wasn’t supposed to happen; they were not a couple, but Kyungsoo enjoyed it. His heart fluttere when Kai kissed him just like it did when he got kissed by Chanyeol, but this was different. It had a something that Kyungsoo couldn’t figure out, like that kiss was meant to be. He grinned, and held Kai’s hand. Kai looked surprised but didn’t object. Kyungsoo wished like they could stay like that together, but just then Baekhyun opened the door with Chanyeol.

Kyungsoo’s smile wavered. *What are they doing here? I thought they left…* He looked at Chanyeol and immediately knew that Chanyeol was crying. Chanyeol saw Kyungsoo looking at him, and glared at him. He kissed Baekhyun on the lips and Kyungsoo’s mouth dropped. *So now you expose your cheating to everyone huh?* His stare quickly turned into a glare as he watched Chanyeol kiss Baekhyun. Chanyeol broke the kiss and looked directly to Kyungsoo. “We’re over Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo shrugged and replied, “We were over a long time ago Chanyeol. Ever since that day I found out that you were cheating on me every day at 10:30 am.”

Everyone’s mouth dropped including Kai and Chanyeol, when did Kyungsoo figure that out? Chanyeol quickly regained his composure and hissed at Kyungsoo, “At least I’m not the only one that was cheating in this relationship.”

It was now Kyungsoo’s turn to be surprised. He smirked, “When did I ever cheat on you? You cheated on me for the past 5 months, ever since we were dating. I should have listened to everyone that told me that you were cheating on me, then I wouldn’t have wasted my time on a dirty cheating bastard.”

Everyone gasped, they all knew Kyungsoo was a nice kid and never said swear words, then alone bastard. Baekhyun grabbed Kyungsoo on the collar and pushed him to the wall. “What did you say, punk?”

By that time, they were the main attention now. Every eye was on Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, Kai, and Chanyeol, but no one knew what to do. Even the teachers know better than to break up this fight.

Chanyeol put his hand on Baekhyun, and Baekhyun slowly lifted Kyungsoo down. He smirked, and said, “I’m glad I cheated on you ever since then, how did it feel to find out?”

Kyungsoo’s fist clenched and he punched Chanyeol’s mouth. Chanyeol recoiled, he did not expect that to happen.Kyungsoo punched Chanyeol again, but after that got held back by Kai. Kai whispered in Kyungsoo’s ear, “Don’t waste your time on him.” Baekhyun did the same to Chanyeol, and they moved away slowly until they were at a far enough distance.

Chanyeol glared at Kyungsoo with hate, but inside, his heart was breaking. “Don’t come back to me, you dirty piece of .”

Kyungsoo glared at Chanyeol, with hate, but the difference was that his heart was feeling fine. “I gave you my heart and you toyed around with it and broke it. Why would I come back to you? Besides, you got Baekhyun, and your girls, who talk trash about me and you agree” He spat, his hate for Chanyeol now much higher. He was about to continue talking until Chanyeol said something unforgivable.

“I hate you.” Chanyeol’s heart was dying when he said that, but he showed no emotions. He forced his brain to think he didn’t need Kyungsoo anymore, he needed Baekhyun only. He knew he loved Kyungsoo, but right now he was too angry to speak properly.

Kyungsoo gaped at him, but returned an icy glare. “I hate you too Chanyeol, forever and ever and ever.” Chanyeol’s heart broke when he heard Kyungsoo say that, the look in Kyungsoo’s eyes really meant that he hated him. He knew that from now on, Baekhyun will be the only one that’ll return his love, and Kyungsoo and him would be enemies. Chanyeol’s felt like crying, and apparently Baekhyun noticed that and started to pat him on the back. He forced a glare at Kyungsoo to make it seem like he was not going to cry, and said calmly, “Fine. This is it. Good bye Do Kyungsoo.” He spat out, despite himself and walked towards the nearest exit with Baekhyun. Kyungsoo nodded, and turned to the opposite exit, and walked with Kai out of the door.

Chanyeol turned back just in time to see Kyungsoo for the last time. He whispered, “Goodbye Kyungsoo.” And turned away with Baekhyun.

Baekhyun smirked, finally, things were going his way. He walked with Chanyeol, their hands entwined, and Baekhyun finally knew that he and Chanyeol were finally together.