Hi! I'm your deskmate.

Unexpected Love

 

Your POV

I feel butterflies in my stomach. Just now, I am just going out from the ladies’. My stomach suddenly felt uneasy. Before that, Principle Yoo had give me the homeroom class and also the class’s schedule.

Maybe, I’m just nervous to see my new classmates. I hope that they can help me with lots of things because we’re going through this year together. I slow down my pace as I see my homeroom class.

As I stepped in the class, I hear the boys cheering.

 

“Is she the new girl?”

“Yes, I hope so. She’s pretty, though.”

“Yah, yah. She’s stepping inside our class.”

 

But after I suceedly entering the class, I hear,

 

“Is she?”

“I think so.”

“Yah, she’s pretty.”

“Really? I don’t think so.”

“Don’t you hear the boys hooting? Her skin is very fair.”

“Boys. Don’t you know them? They’re just boys.”

“It’s true. Her face is perfect. Pretty perfect.”

“Is she doing plastic surgery?”

“Maybe. How come can someone’s face is too perfect?”

“Yah, stop. She is the new student, though.”

 

Oh my god! Plastic surgery? I don’t ever think to do that! How could they say something like that.. But, am I really that pretty till they spout that nonsense. Hahaha

 

“Oh, you’re here. First of all, welcome to our class. Hope you-“

“Which school are you from, pretty?”

“Oh. Slow down, man. She’s new.”

 

Tok tok tok. Ms Jung catches the attention of her two ‘kids’ by knocking the teacher’s table after her hooting is being ignored by the boys.

Ms Jung once again clears , “ Watch your manners, Sung Ji Won.” She turns her head to me and with a smile, “..hope you can adapt yourself here.”

“Oh, no worries.”

“You may introduce yourself, now.”

“Emm. Anyeonghaseyo, cheon Lee So Yeon imnida.”

 

The boy named Sung Ji Won raise his hands up higher.

 

“Yes, Ji Won..”

After getting Ms Jung’s permission, he stands up. “Which school are you from, Lee So Yeon-ssi?”

 

The whole class bursts into laughter after hearing their class captain’s question.

 

“Oh. Seoul High.” Liar. A special name for a student named Lee So Yeon, which was given by Ms Lee So Yeon herself

“Okay. Now, where can I put you?”

 

A hand raise up, again.

 

“Oh, please. Sung Ji Won, question's next. I have to continue my class.”

“I’m not going to asks questions, though.”

“So, why ‘s with the hand?”

“I’m just stretching, though.” The whole class burst into laughter.

“Please stop.”

Out of the blue, the class captain voice himself out while pointing to an empty seat behind him, “Ms Jung, there.”

“Ji Won, she has an eye problem, actually. So, we will put her somewhere else.”

“Ah. Actually I don’t have eye-”

My sentence got cut out. “There. You can sit there.” She pointed out an empty seat near the window. Window seat. I hate that.

___________________________________________________________________________

It was raining heavily that day. Lightning strikes everywhere.

 

"So Yeon-ah don't you want to play your doll, Cinderella?

 I'm busy playing with my remote-controlled car that my father's bought for me recently.

Instead, "Omma, where's appa?"

"He's going out."

I left my remote-controlled car and sit on my mom's lap. "Out? I want to follow him."

"Don't you remember? You were busy with your car."

I'm pouting.

"Alright, honey. I'll ask your father to buy you something when he got home, okay? What do you want?"

My face suddenly brightens. "I want a remote-controlled plane."

"Really? Not a doll?"

I nod thousand times with a big grin.

 

A few minutes later,

 

“Your appa says, he’ll be back in minutes.”

“Yay!" I cheer out loud.

“So Yeon-ah, don't you want to play to be a cook?" Mom ask me while holding a box full with plastic cooking utensils.

“No. I don’t want it. It’s for girls’.”

“But, you're a girl, sweety."

Mom walk towards me and touch my cheek. I ran and climb up a big box that my father put so that i can look up out of the window.

The rain is now pouring inside my room. “So Yeon-ah, close the window. The rain will get in.” I refused. I covered my forehead as the bits of water hit my face. My mother quickly ran towards the window to close it.

 But, it is too late. A little too late.

Exactly at the same time, we both witnessed a serious crashed. Correction. Not both of us, but just me. Me. A two-year-old kid that doesn’t even speak well.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

That’s why I hate window seat. It’s not like I hate it, but I can’t. It feel like I’m seeing the accident, again.

“So Yeon?”

I finally wake up from my morning nightmare.

 

“Why, you can’t sit there?”

“Ah. Ani, Ms Jung. But-”

“Ms Jung, sorry. But this is Eun Hye’s. She’s not coming today.”

“Oh, there aren’t any available seat left.”

Ji Won once again pointed to the seat that he has pointed earlier. “There, Ms Jung.”

“But, she has-”

Before she finished her sentence, it’s better if I make myself clear. “Actually I don’t have any eyes problem.” It’s not like I’m being rude. But, hell man. My eyeballs still in a good condition. I’m not a girl with spectacles.

She faced me with a bitter expression, “So, you want to sit there? If you insist to-”

“It’s not like I’m insist to sit there. But there aren’t any available seat. Where the hell you want to put me, lady?” But, it’s just kept them in my heart. I’ll be a crazy maniac if I let those words out towards my homeroom teacher on my first day at school. If I do, the result is, DETENTION!

“I can sit there because there isn’t any seat that available.”

“Yeah, just sit there.”

 

Ms Jung command had just made noise from the girls.

“Ah, she sit with my husband!”

“Husband, my ! He is mine.”

“Can I exchange the seat with her?”

 

What are they mumbling about?

 

I move towards my seat. And, my deskmate is, a guy. A sleeping guy. Hi, sleeping guy. I’m your deskmate.