Ahjumma, my-next-door-neighbour

Unexpected Love

YOUR POV

 

Ding-dong.

I open my eyes. Ah.. I apparently fell asleep on the couch. Doing some stretching to get up.

Ding-dong.

 

'Who could it be?'

 

I open the door with a yawn.

 

"Lee So Yeon?"

"Yes.. how do you know my name?"

I rub my eyes to see her clearly.

"Oh.. ddeokbokki ahjumma."

"Yeah.. your mother came to me last night with hanwoo. Gift, she said. She said she will not around for a business trip and ask me to take care of you for the time being."

"Aish my mother.."

"Do you say something?"

"Ah. No." 'She heard me?'

"Eat this." She handed me a pot. "This is actually for dinner. I've heated it up earlier."

I take the pot from her hand. "Dinner?" I look at my watch. 7.00 PM.

"Actually, my son had came to your house to ask you to join us for dinner. He rang the bell countless time but no one came out. So, he thought that you might go out somewhere."

"Ah.. actually I fell asleep on the couch this evening. I don't hear the bell. Sorry.. tell your son I'm sorry too."

"You must be tired. Don't worry. I want to head home now. There's still some chores left. Eat your dinner. Don't let your stomach empty."

"Okay. Do you want me to help you or something?"

"No. I'm okay. I want you to eat, okay?"

"Oh. Okay. Thank you, ahjumma-nim. Sorry for troubling you."

"Don't worry."

 

I close the door. Ah.. my mother. Can't even trust he 17-year-old daughter to take care of herself. 'I trust you' my . Troubling over the new neighbour to babysit me. So embarassing.

Krrrr...

Ah I'm hungry.