Friendship

Unexpected Love

KIM MYUNGSOO'S POV

 

"Min Hee, help me."

"Okay." Min Hee heads towards a couple to take orders.

I diverts back my attention to a middle-aged man. "Yes, ahjussi. Do you want to eat here or packed home?"

"Eat here."

"Oh, where can you sit.." His eyes keep wondering to search for an empty sit. "Oh.. here." He leads the old man to an empty seat at the corner of the restaurant.

"The food will be arrived immediately. Wait here, ahjussi."

 

I rushes towards the counter. There are a few customers already lined up to pay the bill. 

 

"I'm sorry for your waiting."

 


 

I wiped my sweat with the towel around my neck. I perspire too much. Tonight, the customers are never-ending. One out, two come. Two out, a dozen come. I stretch my muscle a bit to release the tension.

 

Six guys suddenly appears from the door. "Yah Kim Myungsoo! You really make much profit tonight." 

"It's great you guys come. Come on, help me."

"I'm not going to do it for free." Woohyun voice out.

"Alright, I'll pay you."

"If that so, guys let's get to work." Sungkyu grab the apron followed by the others.

 


 

It's already 9.30 PM. The restaurant is no longer packed like earlier. Only four to five customers are left.

 

"Pheww..  yah Myungsoo how can you managed earlier? With only you and MIn Hee. Where's ommonim?"

"Hmm..I can't let my mother works until night. She's too tired for that."  Myungsoo finally take a seat.

"Caring son, huh?"

"Hmm.." Myungsoo just rose his black brows.

"You have to thank to us. If we're not stopping by, you must have a lot of hands till right now."

"Yeah Sunggyeol-ah. Kamsahamnida."

"Sunggyeol only? We were help.."

"Yes I understand. Thank you everyone."

"Can you be more sincere?"

"Oh.. we're the only one left here." Sungjong suddenly points out.

 

That is when I realised there is only us and some workers are still in the restaurant.

 

"Yah, Myungsoo. Just close this shop for today." Sungkyu gives a sudden suggestion.

"You already make much profit just now. I think it can cover for the next thirty minutes." Hoya added.

"You're tired. We can see that." Sunggyeol looks at me with those concern eyes.

"Just call it a night."

"Okay. Okay."

 

I go to the kitchen to tell the workers to pack home. Delighted, they finished up all the dishes quickly. I guess it's the best idea to close early today. They are tired, so do I. I helped them with arranging the utensils and stuffs back to their original place. After the kitchen is in order, they set off to get a precious rest at home.

Then, I go to the counter, take out some cash and headed to the table where the six guys still sitting.

 

I sit down on the chair where I sat previously. "Here, your pay."

"..." Nobody said a thing. Their look tells me that they doesn't have the heart to take the money.

"I make my words earlier. Here, take it."

"It's not what we want from you." Woohyun said.

"Huh?"

"We asked you to pay us something, not money."

"Ohhh.. now I get it. You guys helped me in return of something that you guys want to know from me.."

"I don't know you're this smart, Myungsoo." Sunggyeol blurted out.

"What did you say?" I lock Sunggyeol's head with arm lock and hit his hair continously.

"Ah.. ah. It's hurt."

"Yah.. what's happenned between you and So Yeon?"

"What do you mean?" I released the arm lock from Sunggyeol and return to my position.

"Why are you two so furious with each other... when it's the first day you guys get to know each other."

"Yeah, it looks very odd."

"Okay, don't tell anyone about this. Even that girl."