A Visit

Unexpected Love

YOUR POV

Errk! Ooops, I look left and right forgetting the fact that I'm now alone in the house. I'm full. Totally. My stomach now is like a balloon that waits to burst. Oh my god, I need to control my diet. I wash the dishes and tidying up the dinner table. I decided to go to the ahjumma's to returns her pot. It is very considerate of her that she saved some of her dinner for me. I can also stay for an hour or two, maybe. It's just too bored for being alone in the house. I lock my doors on my way out.

Ding-dong.

 

"Eh, what're you doing here?"

"I came to return you this." I showed her the pot that I've been holding.

"Ah, that. I can just tell my son to take it from you. You don't need to come over here just to return the pot. Come. Let's talk inside."

"Ah. Thank you, ahjumma-nim."

"Call me Min Young ahjumma."

"Oh. Ok Min Young ahjumma."

 

We laugh together.

 

"Oh, is this your family's picture?" I take a photo frame that's on the fireplace. 

"Yeah.. it's the old one actually. If I'm not mistaken, it's like almost fifteen years ago."

"Oh.. why don't you just take a new family picture?"

"My son will rejected it. He hates being in a picture."

"Oh, really? Where is your husband?"

"He d-died." She stutters.

"Oh.. I'm sorry for asking. My condolescences for you and your family."

 

Ahjumma is still silent. No signs in talking more. And.. it's my fault for questioning her husband's whereabouts. Sigh.

 

"Oh. Is this your son?" I pointed at a boy in the picture.

"Yeah. He was 2 years old back then."

"He looks so happy. Why'd you said he doesn't like taking pictures?"

"Oh.. he is affected by his father's mis- died." She almost split up the truth.

"Oh. I see. I'd lose my father too. He must be upset back then" I look down. To be honest, I still feel something's missing eventhough his death already past more than a decade ago.

"Ah. Don't talk about  the past. Past is a past. Let's move to the present." Ahjumma pat my back.

"So, where is your son?"

"He looks after my restaurant at night. He doesn't want me to even working in my own reataurant at night."

"Oh. He does really loves his mom, doesn't he?"

 

We laugh together.

 

"My son is exactly at your age. He studies at Woollim High. Maybe you'd seen him at school today?"

"Oh, really? What's his name?"

"Kim Myungsoo. Have you met him?"

"No. Maybe I'm just too busy today."

"Yeah. It's your first day, right?"

 

We chat for almost like two hours. But it doesn't feel so. I felt like we're only talked for about half an hour. I love chatting with this ahjumma. She's warm. Very comfortable. Maybe because she is a mother.

The clock reads 10.00 pm. I better head home. It's already late and I can see her yawning. I also have to get prepared for the school tomorrow. So that I can sleep much longer. We change goodbyes with each others. And I walked out of Kim's residence.

 

KIM MYUNGSOO'S POV

I'm walking through the silence road, like always. Yeah, it's already 10pm. and youngsters usually at home this time. Upon reaching my house, I see a girl walking out from my house.

'Lee So Yeon!'

I run towards a car nearby and hid myself from  her. Peeking, I see her walking to her house.

Pheww! She doesn't see me.