8. Monggu

Thousand years

Jong-in sat against his bed, fiddling with the pen he was holding. It had been rough on him the past few days, with too much secrets revealed, and potential dangers lurking around. As much as he did not want to believe in Luhan's words, the latter had described everything so crystal clear, including the details no third person could have possibly known. But if he chose to believe Luhan, that would mean he and Sehun were both in danger. Bacchus, the boy they had once lived with, is now known as Baekhyun, and is after their lives. Why? Because Sehun killed his parents. What they did not know back then, was that Bacchus is a sorcerer. 

Jong-in did not know what sor of confidence Baekhyun had to even think of killing them. Kris had made his two sons the strongest vampires, just below of himself. In order to kill either of them, one would need to kill the other too, using the same method, at the same place, and at the exact same time. One millisecond slower and sorry, you’ll be the dead one instead. Taking down either of them was challenging enough given their speed and agility, much less taking down both at the same time. It all did not matter. What mattered most right now is keeping his Sehun safe. 

The heavy doors opened and Sehun walked into the room with Jong-in's puppy, Monggu, with a clearly annoyed face, brows furrowed and nose scrunched up. "Yah, your beloved Monggu made a mess in my room. I brough-" Sehun stopped mid-sentence when he saw a single tear roll down Jong-in's face. Setting Monggu down on the floor, he sat next to his brother and hugged him tightly. "What happened?"

Jong-in looked at his brother, the one he'd loved, for more than a thousand years, and returned the embrace. "Nothing, just the usual upsetting moment life decided to throw at me." Sehun could not read minds like Jong-in could, but it doesn't take a genius to tell that something major was bothering Jong-in. He never knew what else to do or say to make his brother happier, though he was more than just sure that his hugs always helped, a little at least. 

"Sehun ah, just stay here for a little while more, please?" Sehun nodded and rested his head against Jong-in's shoulder, arms still wrapped around the latter.

Sehun ah, what must I do to keep you safe? Am I supposed to entrust our lives into Luhan's hands? Is he really the Lou Hanleigh we knew? 

At the foot of the bed, Monggu, who was all curled up and snuggly, let out a soft yelp as night fell.

--

Sehun woke to Monggu’s persistent s, and cuddled the cute little creature. It was difficult to hate the little puppy despite the number of times he’d messed up the house, left saliva all over Sehun’s face, or bit his favourite rug. Sehun look around and realized that he was still in Jong-in’s room, but it’s owner was nowhere to be found. Monggu barked and leapt out of Sehun’s arms, and waited by the door. “Monggu ah, you really know me too well you little brat.” Sehun let out a soft chuckle, letting Monggu lead the way.

The heavenly aroma of toasted bread and sizzling bacons drifted from the kitchen. Monggu made his way to Jong-in and started running in circles around his feet. “Sehun ah, please bring this brat out before the bacons are all gone.” The younger of the two laughed at the little puppy’s futile attempts at getting a piece of bacon, picked him up and brought some plates along with him. “Oh, 3 sets of plates today please, we have a guest coming over.” Sehun frowned. Guest? They hardly had any guest. “Is father coming again?” Jong-in shook his head, and gave him the just-do-as-I-say-you-will-know-soon look.

Breakfast was just ready when the doorbell to their mansion rang. Jong-in took off his apron, which had the line ‘EAT MY FOOD OR ELSE’ stitched across the front and made his way to the main door. “I’ll get the door! Keep Monggu away from the bacons!” But the heavens were not on Sehun’s side this time round when Monggu broke free and made a dash for Jong-in. “MONGGU!” Panicked, Sehun ran after the little puppy.

While Jong-in was unlocking the heavy oak doors, the mischievous little thing stopped short right behind him, and looked at Sehun clambering frantically after him.

The door creaked open.

Sehun finally caught up with the little brat….

3 steps…

2 steps…

1…

Chaos.

Little Monggu scooted away just before Sehun reached him, Sehun could not stop in time, knocking Jong-in over, bringing them both down to the ground. Sehun let out a groan from the fall, but was silenced when the latter’s lips brushed against his own.

Their eyes widened, cheeks flushed bright red, their hearts’ thumping almost audible. It was as if time stopped right there and then.

Neither of them moved, until Jong-in heard the familiar satisfied yelping of his bratty Monggu, who was pawing at the feet of their guest, long forgetten. Sehun turned his attention to where Monggu was and there stood Luhan, with tears in his eyes.


HELLO! Another update! \O/ 
This time featuring our cutesy Monggu hahaha I just couldn't leave Monggu out. 
Not too long, just 876 words, not too complicated either, just some SeKai moments *winks.
Consider this as a filler chapter, still planning out on the main plot, yes I'm just filling up some words here m(_ _)m
Next chapter, I wil TRY. NO guarantees, but try. 

HAERINSSI, PLEASE DO NOT DIE READING THIS. YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU. HEHE. 
Till then,
exoexo!♥