5. I did it for him

Thousand years

Weeks have passed since Luhan’s transfer into the school. He would spend his lunch breaks with Sehun on the roof top, or just sitting by the old oak tree in the old school compound. The seemingly cold and distant Sehun has become much more cheery ever since. But Jong-in, being the over-protective (to the point of being ) brother he was, was getting uneasy because of this.

Ever since Lou’s death, his younger brother hasn’t been able to forgive himself, he’d always taken it very harshly, and he’d always blamed himself for Lou’s death. With Luhan getting so close to him, Jong-in was starting to worry if his brother would start treating Luhan as the dead sorcerer. What bothered him even more was: Why did Luhan get so close to him?

Being the good brother he was, he tried to sit Sehun down for some brotherly love and some prep talk about this.

The first time, Sehun merely walked away, slamming the door shut in Jong-in’s face.

The second time, Jong-in nearly got stabbed in the middle of his forehead by a flying kitchen knife.

The third, Sehun hung Jong-in upside down from a tree, for 3 days.

Jong-in knew that any other attempts would still prove to be useless. The very next day, the brothers found themselves in the middle of a party, held to welcome Luhan to the neighbourhood.  

The atmosphere was way too high. People were getting crazy and tipsy everywhere. Jong-in was practically enjoying himself, feeding on the blood of the party-goers. It was dark; no one could see a thing. It was loud, no one would hear you scream. Even if they did, no one would care. When he’d finally had his fill, he motioned for the boy who’d been following him to carry out with the plan. Approaching the balcony, the boy started to chant some spell, and Jong-in watched as his brother collapse, before knocking his companion out.

Luhan groaned. His head was thumping so bad and all he could say was “Sehun..” He looked around and found himself tied to a chair, in the middle of a dark, musky room. He called out for help but no one responded. The back of his head still hurt from the impact earlier. After dozing off several times, the heavy metal door creaked open, and in walked Jong-in.

“What am I doing here?” Luhan asked, throat dry from the lack of water.

“Answer my questions truthfully and I’ll let you go” Jong-in pulled a chair and sat in front of his captive. “And I should warn you ahead, my dear, I read minds, so don’t bother lying if you want your life.”

Sitting back coolly on his chair, Jong-in started his interrogation. “What is your name?”

“Luhan.”

“Is that your only name?”

“Yes.”

Jong-in's eyes narrowed. He's lying.

“Why are you trying to get close to my brother?”

“I just wanted to be friends.”

“Why? You’re not supposed to be here, isn’t that so?”

Luhan stared at the ground, keeping silent.

Jong-in got up and circled Luhan. “I am asking you a question.” He bared his fangs against Luhan’s milk skin, but the latter simply refused to speak. Jong-in signalled for the boy from earlier, “Yixing, make him speak.” Yixing placed his hands over Luhan’s head, closed his eyes and started mumbling a spell. Luhan felt a sharp pain pierce through his head, and struggled in the seat.

Suddenly, Yixing crouched on the floor, holding his head in both hands, letting out cries of pain. Jong-in’s eyes widened and glared at Luhan who was also chanting a spell of some sort. Grabbing Luhan by the throat, Jong-in bellowed in his face “LOU HANLEIGH, STOP BEFORE I KILL YOU.”

Luhan did not stop; not until he felt the grip on him tighten, not until he felt warm blood trickle down his neck.

“I DID IT FOR HIM, KAI, I DID IT FOR SEPHEN. I CAME BACK FOR SEPHEN.”


Short chapter! 662 words. 

Felt bad not updating for so long, but if I'd continued, the chapter might get way too long. 
I'll try to update again before I fly off on Saturday! :D 

I MIGHT be starting on a Jonghyun (SHINee) fic shortly after this, a chaptered sequel to "10 Seconds". Of course, I'll continue with THOUSAND YEARS!
Before I go, Kaisoo shippers, do check out HAERINSSI's fic "Fastforward" yeap? ^^

Till then, exoexo!