17. Broken

Thousand years

 

Things didn't seem to be going well for Sehun. His fever wasn't subsiding despite the near freezing temperature Luhan had brought the room to - so cold to the point the supposedly cold blooded Kris was starting to hear his own teeth chatter. 
 
"They're back. Kai, stay here with your brother." Kris stood up and left. Kai wondered if Kris was dying to get out of the freezing room. 
 
Out in the hallway, things were getting tensed up. Kris froze seeing the person brought in by his sorcerers, kneeling in the middle of the giant sized living room; for a flash of a moment, he felt his heart cringe. "Your Majesty, we have brought him back. There is one more roaming about, we will be on our way to get him." Kris did not react; he didn't know how to react. Luhan and Yixing exchanged brief glances and quietly took their leave. 
 
The silence was deafening. 
 
If Kris could hear anything, it would be the shatter from his heart breaking. 
 
"Why?"
 
Chanyeol looked up from the floor, up at his ex-lover. But he felt nothing. No more feelings for this tall, powerful person standing in front of him. No more feelings for the man whose heart was breaking that very moment. No more feelings for this man he'd had so much memories with. No more feelings for Kris Wufanace. No more memories. 
 
"Chan, why?" 
 
Kris was feeling all sorts of knots forming in him - in his stomach from all the cringing; in his heart from all the hurt. He may seem very fine from his faced appearance - cold and expressionless; but inside, it was a different story altogether. He could not explain what that feeling was - betrayal? Jealousy? Upset? Anger? Helplessness? Hopelessness? 
 
He didn't know. 
 
"Did you not hear my question?" Kris raised his voice a little. He didn't like raising his voice at his Chanyeol, yet he didn't want to show his weakness in front of him right now. Even though his own voice gave him away by quivering quite a bit, he did not want Chanyeol to know that Kris Wufanace was weak without him. 
 
"I do not know to what are you referring to, Your Majesty." Chanyeol replied, putting emphasis on the formality. 
 
Kris did not know either. He had so many "why"s, so many unanswered questions, so many doubts to clear, so much he'd wanted to bring know. He'd wanted to know why Chanyeol left him. He'd never understood why Chanyeol chose Bacchus over himself, why'd Chanyeol sacrifice so much for Bacchus. He'd needed to know why he'd lost Chanyeol. Apart from these, he needed to know why was Chanyeol after his son's life. 
 
"Why? Everything." Kris was losing it. He no longer knew what he was talking about. The hopeless lovesick retarded side of him wanted to hold Chanyeol in a dramatic, tear streaked embrace, but the rational, egoistic and y side of him knew better than to do anything stupid. Furthermore, his son's life was at stake. 
 
"Your Majesty, if you were referring to the assassination of Prince Sephen, the only thing I have to say about it is this: I did not try to murder the prince."
 
"You possess the ability to perform the darkest of sorcery."
 
"Yes I do but Your Majesty, that does not mean I would attempt to murder His Royal Highness." Chanyeol's reply was cold, with a hint of annoyance. "I have no reason to murder him. And I know better than to incur your wrath should anything befall upon him."
 
Kris had wanted to believe him; or rather, he believed Chanyeol. Whether it was out of his love for him, or because the rational side of him felt that Chanyeol was speaking the truth, he believed him. 
 
"If Your Majesty is wondering about Baek, he's just a kid. I have him the power but it definitely is not sufficient to kill His Royal Highness, that I would use my life to guarantee." 
 
Kris felt his heart stop. Chanyeol was using his life to guarantee for Bacchus. The very life Kris loved, in exchange for someone else. He glared down at the emotionless man still kneeling on the ground as jealousy seeped in to his veins. The man he'd definitely lost. 
 
"Take those words back. You will regret it one fine day." 
 
"Your majesty, I am hereby offering my life to you as a guarantee, as an exchange, for Bacchus. I will not regret my decision, and will therefore not take back my words."
 
And again, the room fell into deep silence. This time, the silence pierced through the breaking heart, over and over again. 
 

Hehehe a little bit of Krisyeol (not exactly Krisyeol but yea..) 

Nothing much interesting and unedited but hope it's fed your fic-craving a little~~

SCHOOL'S OUT~~I'll try to update more regularly hehe. 

oh, I might start one the new Sehun fic too. or should I start a Jonghyun one. 

Commenteu please~~~ 

Till then, xoxo. 

 

P.S. thanks Flower (@haerinssi especially) for the review for this fic~~<3