16. Going down.

Thousand years

 

A tall figure sat in the corner of the room, shivering. He had seen this day coming, but he chose to ignore the signs. Lifting the thin, long white candle with quivering hands, he calmed himself down before trying again, for the seventh time. Whispering a quiet spell, he watched as a weak flame flicker, only to disappear within seconds. 
 
His powers were diminishing. 
 
He'd seen this coming. Events from the past few days came flooding into his mind. 
 
--
 
"Chan, you have to help me. Just this one last time." Baekhyun held on to his hands, eyes begging, "You and I both know that you are the only one who can help me now."
 
Chanyeol did not respond. He had been caught in this dilemma for quite some time; his heart and his brain were not quite in sync. As much as he had wanted to help Baekhyun, whatever he could do was limited, at least, it was limited now. 
 
"Baek.."
 
"You can't just leave me to fight against them on my own! You know I'll never make it, I'll never get to avenge Mama and Papa!" Tiny flames appeared on the candles around. Baekhyun was losing it, again. "Lou Hanleigh revealed his identity to that face, soon they will be lovers hand in hand and I will stand a chance no more. Please Chan, I'm begging of you. just this once more. Get rid of that face, I will do anything you tell me to." 
 
Chanyeol felt the grip around his hands get tighter as Baekhyun spoke. The look in Baekhyun's eyes - Chanyeol will never forget. It was a mess of fear, hatred, confusion, anger, pity, defeat. 
 
His Baekhyun, his Bacchus, what had become of him? 
 
But he'd eventually agreed anyway. 
 
Chanyeol found himself performing the stengthening spell on Baekhyun for the fifth time. It felt like it was draining him of all the energy he had but he pressed on quietly. Was his time up? Maybe, who knows?
 
--
 
A sharp knock on the door disrupted his thoughts. The weak flame made its own appearance scarce as it fell on to the ground. 
 
"Park Chanyeol?" 
 
Dim light from the corridor illuminated the dark room. Two figures at the door, one whose voice he recognized as Lou's, the other unknown. They did not come with a friendly intent, but Chanyeol knew he wouldn't have a chance even if he tried to run. 
 
"It sure is a little dark in here. Mind if I switched on some lights?" Luhan asked, feeling around for the switch. 
 
"They're spoilt. All of them."
 
"Hm.." Luhan raised a brow. With a flick of his wrist, all the candles around the room lit up, emitting a soft glow all around. 
 
"What business do you have here?" Chanyeol asked, not bothering about his manners at all. 
 
"You know full well why we are here. You know what you've done. So where's your little of an accomplice?" Luhan sneered, taking slow steps towards Chanyeol, who was still crouching in the corner. 
 
"W-what accomplice?"
 
"Oh? Do you think that His Majesty would be any less angrier that you're trying to defend that little , after hurting his son?" Luhan was squatted down next to Chanyeol. 
 
"Lou, I have no idea what are you talking about." Chanyeol's eyes were clouded with confusion. 
 
"You, and Bacchus, do you dare swear in to the heavens that you did not try to murder Sephen? Do you dare to swear in to the heavens that you did not once, but twice try to take down Sephen Wufanace?! Do you dare swear in that you did not use the darkest of sorcery to subject Sephen to the worst of tortures?" Luhan was losing his cool. He felt a hand on his shoulder calming him down. 
 
"What are you talking about, Lou Hanleigh?" 
 
"Park Chanyeol, Stop the pretense. the dark dart, and the dark spell in the bubbletea, and hell knows what else you have prepared with your dark magic. Why, i'm curious as to what His Majesty would do when he knows that his ex-lover has been trying to murder his son. 
 
"Lou, that's enough. Lets just bring him back, and leave the rest to His Majesty." A calm voice opposed that of Luhan's. for the first time, Chanyeol noticed the other person in the room - a face all too familiar. "Yixing?"
 
"Move your fat ferret ." Luhan yanked at Chanyeol's arm and sensing something amiss, let go almost immediately, eyes going wide. "Park Chanyeol, you're not a sorcerer?" 
 
Chanyeol looked at the two men hovering above him. "Not anymore." He felt a lump in his throat; he has yet to accept this very fact himself. "I lost it all. For a few days I tried recovering, but failed." 
 
Luhan snapped back to reality. Having no powers does not equate to not having attempted to murder Sephen. "Move. We're bringing you back. And we'll hunt your little down afterwards."
 
-- 
 
"Bacchus, promise me you'll stay here and not leave until I come for you." 
 
"Why? We're not done yet."
 
"Not now. They're all looking for you." 
 
"What about you?"
 
"I will be fine. Wait for me."
 
"...Alright, be back soon."

Hiiiiiiiiiiii Yes I'm bored from all that studying. 

No word count, probably more like a filler :( 

Comments are appreciated~~~ hehe I'm trying to prolong the story T-T 

Till then, exoxo~