Chapter 9

Friendzoned?

Instead of waking up to her usual noisey cousin, Jenny woke up to the sound of her phone ringing.

"Why are you calling so early?" She asked, still tired.

"Boo boo! I was in the neighbourhood and I was wondering if I could walk you to school?" Kevin said on the other end of the line

"Boo-Boo? That's new." She laughed "Sure Kevin, think you'll be here in 20minutes?"

"Sure thing, see you then!" Kevin Hung up and Jenny started getting ready for school.

"Hey Eli, I'm walking to school with Kevin today!" Jenny called out to her cousin.

"Kevin?" Eli called back before appearing in front of Jenny's door. "Why is Kevin walking you to school?" He asked.

"He called and said he was in the neighbourhood and offered to walk me to school." She explained.

"Why is he in the neighbourhood so early?" Eli said, thinking if there were any events he may have missed.

Jenny shrugged.

"I don't know, but I better head off. See you after school okay." Jenny waved to her cousin before leaving the household and meeting Kevin outside, who was wearing track pants and a white shirt.

Even in exercise gear, Kevin still managed to look good.

"Have you eaten yet?" Jenny asked Kevin, who shook his head. "GOOD. I know a place."

She smiled at Kevin before they started heading towards the coffee shop. Jenny and Kevin laughed a lot as they shared stories with each other about their childhood. They shared embarrassing stories, and Kevin would even share stories about Eli when they were in High School. If people didn't know any better, they'd think Jenny and Kevin were a couple.

Jenny lead Kevin into the coffee shop.

"Wow, this is cute!" Kevin squealed.

"Calm down Kev." Jenny pat his shoulder and laughed.

The two ordered their drinks and food and took a seat to eat. Unfortunately, D.O wasn't in today. Soon your food came, and the both of you started eating.

"I can't believe you drink coffee! It's yuck!" Jenny said, pulling a face of disgust.

"I used to think so too. But once you get older you discover things about yourself..." Kevin trailed off.

Jenny looked at Kevin, who looked like he was deep in thought.

"Penny for your thoughts?" She snapped Kevin out of his daze. He smiled before shaking his head.

"Sorry, I was just thinking."

"Clearly." Jenny laughed.

At that moment, Two boys entered the coffee shop.

"Hey Hyung, Isn't that Jenny?" Ricky asked Niel. Niel looked over in your direction.

"I believe it is." Niel nodded at Ricky.

"Hyung, who's that guy she's with? I thought she was Chunji or L.Joe Hyung's girl! Why is she with another guy! He looks older than her too! He's like 50! Hyuuuuuung! Why is Jenny with him!" Ricky whined.

Niel slapped Ricky's arm.

"Calm down! We don't even know if their dating or not!" He told Ricky.

The both of them moved closer in to where Jenny and Kevin were, to hear their conversation.

"No way! You actually did that!" They heard Kevin say

"Yes! And I can't believe I did!" They heard Jenny say before they both started laughing.

"Aigoo, My Jenny-Boo, you are just amazing!" Kevin said, pretending to wipe a tear from his eye.

Ricky's eyes widened and Niel shushed him.

"Okay, we better get you to school, your cousin will kill me if I don't get you to school on time." Kevin stood up and the both of them started heading off to school again.

When Niel and Ricky were sure they had left, Ricky started freaking out again.

"Hyung! He called her Jenny-Boo! And her cousin knows they're together! Cute Nicknames and Permission from older family members? That can only mean one thing!"

"I know Ricky, I know, Calm Down!" Niel said, trying to process what he had just heard.

His thinking process was interrupted by a voice.

"What are you doing?" Cap asked. Niel Jumped and saw the rest of teen top staring at him and Ricky.

Niel scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Oh, nothing. Just checking some stuff out." He tried laughing it off as Cap eyed him suspiciously.

Ricky on the other hand, couldn't contain himself.

"CHUNJI HYUNG! L.JOE HYUNG! YOU DIDN'T SAY SHE HAD A BOYFRIEND!" He whined once more.

They all gave Ricky a confused look.

"JENNY! I THOUGHT SHE WAS YOURS! WAAAAH~~~" L.Joe eyed Ricky, as Chunji reddened at the comment.

*Jen doesn't have a boyfriend...does she?* L.Joe thought.

"I'll talk to her about it." L.Joe said as they head off to school.

~~~~~~~~~

There were many girls that eyed Jenny as she and Kevin walked in to the school grounds. Jenny was oblivious but Kevin, the former high school Kingka, was quite aware of the looks she was receiving.

"Hey Boo, where are your friends?" He asked, not wanting to leave Jenny at school by herself.

"Not here yet. I usually wait in the classroom before school anyway. Don't want to be late to class!" She smiled and Kevin laughed at her.

"Alright, Alright. I'll see you later then Jenny Boo." Kevin waved goodbye as the two departed.

On the other hand, Ricky saw Kevin as he was walking away from the school.

"Hyung! That's him!" He said pointing at Kevin.

"Hey...isn't that one of the guys we played basketball with?" Cap asked, recognising Kevin.

Chunji's heart sank a little as he saw Kevin.

"Maybe they actually are going out. I mean remember the first time we saw them together? He was holding her. It was like a cute movie scene...." Chunji sounded disappointed.

The rest of Teen Top looked at L.Joe, expecting to hear something about the situation from here.

"What?" He asked them.

"Don't you have anything to say? You knew the girl first." Niel asked him.

"I told you, I'd ask her about it when we get to school. I'm not just going to assume that Jen is dating that guy, and even if it turns out she is, it doesn't matter. They make a cute couple." L.Joe said 'as-a-matter-of-fact-ly' before they walked into the school grounds.

~~~~~~~

As L.Joe walked into the classroom, Jenny's face lit up. She waved at him, and he gave her his usual 'hello' head nod.

"How was your day yesterday?" She asked.

"It was good but can I ask you something?" L.Joe said, changing the topic quickly.

"Sure Byunghun."

Jenny gave him a thumbs up and waited for the question.

"Who did you walk to school with?"

"Oh, Kevin! You know, the hyper active guy you played basketball with."

"I see. And what exactly is your relationship with him?" Jenny gave L.Joe a look, to which he quickly explained what happened at the coffee shop earlier, the walk to school, and how everyone in teen top had assumed she was dating Kevin. Jenny let out a small laugh.

"Oh, That Ricky. He's so cute." Jenny laughed again.

"So you're not dating Kevin?" L.Joe asked.

"Nope. We're just friends." Jenny smiled at L.Joe.

"Well, maybe you should make some girl friends...I notice a pattern of you only hanging out with guys." L.Joe advised Jenny. Jenny silently agreed with L.Joe's statement

*it's a little harder than you think...* she thought before they were interrupted by L.Joe's voice again.

"By the way, if you and Kevin were dating, you'd be a cute couple." L.Joe winked and Jenny slapped his arm, before Mrs. Lee came in and started the lesson.