Chapter 14

Friendzoned?

 

Jenny woke up the next day earlier than usual. Her plan was to wake up early enough so that she had a sufficient amount of time to talk to D.O about what had happened at school the previous day. Eli was still sleeping so she left a note on his favourite box of cereal before heading outside. Jenny breathed in the sweet morning air and it sent chills down her neck. It was 6:00am and the sun was just starting to rise as Jenny reached the coffee shop. She walked in and saw a familiar face that looked awfully tired. 
 
"Hey." Jenny greeted with a smile. D.O's head shot up quickly and Jenny giggled at how adorably he looked.
 
"Hey." D.O greeted back in his morning voice with a smile.
 
"Can I talk to you for a sec?" She asked. D.O's happy face was replaced with a look of concern.
 
"Sure, What's up?" He asked as he walked to the front of the counter to stand in front of Jenny and leading her to a table so that they could talk.
 
"So yesterday after Byunghun dragged me out of school he kind of...told me stuff about you guys..." Jenny started saying. D.O tensed after hearing L.Joe's name.
 
"He didn't say anything about you specifically, just that you guys and teen top dont exactly get along." Jenny took a breath before continuing. "I don't really know why either, he told me A reason but I doubt it's the only one." She looked at D.O who was watching her every action. "And I kind of wanted to get your opinion on things. I mean, I dont want to be quick to judge because you know, I like you and I like Kai but I also like Byunghun and Chunji and the rest of Teen Top."
 
D.O stopped watching Jenny and looked down at his hands that were resting on the table. A moment of silence passed before D.O sighed. 
 
"Look, to be honest I have no idea what's going on between Exo and Teen Top. All I can remember is that stuff happened and now we don't like each other." D.O looked at Jenny once more, "I know some stuff happened between Kai and Chunji and I definitely know neither of them like talking about it but for the most part, I don't know." D.O leant back in his chair and let out a breath.
 
"So you really don't have a reason to not like each other then?" Jenny said again.
 
"No,  we have our reasons." D.O said once again.
 
Jenny sighed *honestly, can't these guys just be more direct?* she thought. 
"So I guess you'd say you guys 'just don't click?'" Jenny said
 
D.O nodded thoughtfully. 
 
Jenny looked at D.O before taking out her phone to check the time. '8:00 am'. As she checked the time she noticed she had an unread message from L.Joe. 
"Alright I better head off, you're coming today right?" She asked before standing up.
D.O. nodded again.
"Here, pass me your phone." She said.
 
"What?" D.O asked 
 
"Pass me your phone." She repeated herself. Confused, D.O handed his phone over to her. Jenny pressed a few buttons before tossing the phone back to him and leaving. Once Jenny had left the store D.O received a message.
 
To: Kyungsoo 
 
I've had your number and now you finally have mine :P 
 
From: Bagels and Hot Chocolate.
 
He laughed at Jenny's message and the name she put on his phone before putting his phone back in his pocket. 
 
---------------------
 
On the short walk back to school, Jenny finally checked the message from L.Joe 
 
To: Jen 
 
YOU need to talk to Chunji
ASAP
 
From: Byunghun
 
Jenny walked into school thinking to herself. As she walked into class she realised that she was not the only person there. 
 
"You're Early." She stated, smiling at L.Joe "for once." She added jokingly as she walked towards their table and sat on the empty seat next to him.
 
"Yeah, I guess so." He replied. "How was your night?" He asked.
 
"Ehhh, so-so. I got a lecture from Eli because I participated in truancy with none other than the ACTUAL Lee Byunghun, member of Teen Top and a Kingka of G-Academy." Jenny answered sarcastically. 
 
He let out a chuckle and gave an apologetic look. He pat the seat beside him, signalling for Jenny to sit down. 
"How was your night?" Jenny asked, leaning closer to L.Joe's face. "You look like you've been up all night." She said pointing at the bags under his eyes. 
 
L.Joe smiled light-heatedly and playfully pushed her face away from his. 
"That's because I sort of was..." He trailed off. 
 
Jenny studied his face. L.Joe was smiling but he looked as if he had a lot on his mind. She was about to ask him what was up before L.Joe stretched and rested his head on her shoulder. 
 
"I'm so sleepy Jen." He yawned as he closed his eyes. 
 
Jenny chuckled at how childish he looked as he was resting on her shoulder. 
She didn't know what to do so she took out her phone and saw a message from D.O.
 
To: Bagels and Hot Chocolate.
 
I'm so glad I've been given the honour of having your number.
 
From: Kyungsoo.
 
Jenny chuckled before she looked up and realised girls were sniggering at her because their beloved L.Joe was sleeping on her shoulder.
 
*haha, I hope Mrs. Lee comes soon* she thought to herself.