Chapter 6

Friendzoned?

 Finally, after what seemed to be the longest Sunday ever, Monday came. She never thought she'd be so excited to get to school. Jenny decided to walk to school as opposed to Eli dropping her off.

"Text me when you get to school!" Eli called as she walked out the door. Walking to school in the morning was a lot different to walking home in the afternoon. Jenny loved morning walks and she would've walked to school everyday, only she had to familiarise herself with the way there.

When she was walking, she passed a small coffee shop. She checked the time.

*heh, I still have 20minutes* she thought as she went in.

The shop was mostly filled with people on their way to work and the occasional high school student. Jenny went up to the counter and ordered a hot chocolate and a bagel. The boy serving her looked around her age and she wondered why he was working so early if he should be getting ready for school. When her order arrived, she thanked the boy and then left.

As she left the shop she heard someone call out to her, when she turned around she realised it was L.Joe.

"Mind if I join?" He asked as he caught up to her.

"Not at all." She beamed, offering L.Joe her drink.

"No thanks," he declined "I'm not much of a coffee person."

"Neither am I," She chuckled. L.Joe looked at the drink and then at Jenny. "It's hot chocolate."

Jenny smiled as L.Joe nodded in understanding.

"So how was your Sunday?" L.Joe asked

"Standard. Slept in because a certain someone kept me up all of Saturday night texting me." She eyed L.Joe, who stared at her innocently.

"Well, I'm pretty sure you could've just stopped texting the person once you realised it was an unreasonable hour to be texting a guy..." L.Joe rubbed the back of his neck.

"That's easier said than done." Jenny replied "anyways, how was your Sunday?" She asked him

"Standard. Slept in because some girl kept me up all night. No matter how much I wanted to say no, I just couldn't." He winked at Jenny

"YAH!" She slapped his arm "Why do you have to make it sound bad!" L.Joe just laughed at her

"It's easier said than done."he said and they continued walking.

"So Byunghun, I was wondering...why does everyone call you L.Joe?" Jenny asked.

"You know what? That's a good question. It's just a nickname that people back in the states used to call me and it just stuck I guess." He explained before smiling at Jenny. "But I like that you call me Byunghun, it's refreshing."

"As refreshing as my bagel?" Jenny joked as she handed L.Joe her half eaten bagel. He took the bagel and took a bite.

"Not quite the refreshing I was talking about but it's close!" L.Joe gave the bagel a thumbs up.

The two talked as they made it to school, with 5 minutes before the bell. Jenny went to class before L.Joe because she didn't want to get mobbed by fangirls and because L.Joe didn't mind being late.

Class just flew and before anyone knew it, it was lunch time. Jenny was getting ready to eat outside again when L.Joe stopped her.

"Hey Jen. Did you want to sit with us today? Chunji hasn't stopped asking me to ask you if you wanted to and I think it'd be cool to meet my other friends...cool?" He asked

"Uh...sure." Jenny smiled at L.Joe but she didn't tell him that she was actually planning on finding the basketball boys today.

*ohwell, there's always tomorrow* she shrugged and walked off with L.Joe.