Chapter 10

Friendzoned?

 Jenny didn't sit with Teen Top at lunch, she wanted to visit the library instead. As she was reading a book, a small quiet voice interrupted her.

"Excuse me?" She heard. As she looked up, she saw a girl with hair in her face, and big glasses. She looked like a shy person, but she also looked familiar. "I'm Hyunjoo, I'm in your class."

Jenny gave Hyunjoo a warm smile.

*Byunghun did tell me to make some girl friends* she thought.

"Hey Hyunjoo, I'm Jenny. Can I help you with anything?" Jenny asked.

"Yes, you and L.Joe speak English a lot and I was wondering if you could teach me some. I'm going to America for a holiday at the end of the year and I wanted to learn." Hyunjoo asked quietly.

Jenny smiled at how shy she was. Hyunjoo didn't need to be shy, it wasn't like Jenny was intimidating or anything.

"Sure I'd love to Hyunjoo." The two of them exchanged numbers and started chatting. Their conversation was shortly interrupted when Jenny jumped in shock because someone had whispered into her ear.

"You know, you never gave me your number." She jumped in surprise as she turned around and saw Kai.

"Seriously Kai, you can't just greet me like a normal person?" She asked him, hitting his arm lightly. He shrugged his shoulders.

"Where's the fun in that?" Kai poked Jenny and laughed. Hyunjoo sat there awkwardly not knowing how to act around the Kingka. "What are you doing here anyway?" Kai asked.

"I was reading, but then I started talking to Hyunjoo." She gestured to Hyunjoo, who ducked her head away. Kai smirked at the nervous Hyunjoo.

"Hey Hyunjoo, I'm Kai." He smiled at the shy girl, who mumbled an almost inaudible 'hello' back at him.

"Anyways, What are you doing here?" Jenny asked Kai

"Waiting for -" Kai got cut off

"Jongiiiiiin~~~~" They all heard a voice sing. Kai sighed.

"Him." With one hand he pointed to the source of the singing and with the other, he facepalmed himself.

Jenny looked towards the direction that Kai was pointing and she could feel her stomach flip.

"Kyungsoo?" She called. D.O looked up, recognising her voice.

"Jenny?" D.O's eyes went wide and Jenny couldn't help but giggle.

"You didn't tell me you went to school here...and that you knew Kai." D.O said as he walked over to Jenny, Kai and Hyunjoo.

"And you didn't tell me you could sing." She teased.

"I don't sing." D.O lied. "Plus I think you not telling me that you came here is a little more shocking than me not telling you I 'sing'. Just saying."

"Okay guys, Neither of those are actually a big deal." Kai interrupted. Jenny huffed at the two boys and glanced at Hyunjoo, who looked even more nervous now that there were two Kingka's around. D.O noticed how uncomfortable Hyunjoo looked and decided to help her lighten up.

"Yaaaah! Lighten Up Hyunjoo!" D.O started to make various facial expressions and hand actions in an attempt to make Hyunjoo feel comfortable. Hyunjoo looked up in surprise.

"YOU KNOW MY NAME?!?!" She said, shocked.

"Of course I do!" He smiled widely. "You'd be surprised how much time I spend in the library."

Jenny could see Hyunjoo ease up a little and she smiled at how friendly D.O was.

"Alright." Kai said as he stood up to stretch, "As you all may have assumed, I'm not a library person. So if any of you would like to join me for the remainder of lunch outside, you are more than welcome." Kai looked at Jenny, who glanced to Hyunjoo giving her a 'why not' look. Hyunjoo nodded hesitantly and the four of them left the library.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"HYUUUUUUUNG~~~" Ricky whined again.

*Aish. Does this kid ever stop whining* L.Joe thought to himself

. L.Joe and Ricky were sitting outside, whilst the rest of Teen Top were sitting at their usual spot. Ricky wanted to sit outside and L.Joe lost the game when Teen Top were deciding who had to go with him.

"L.Joe Hyuuung!! I'm hungry!" Ricky Continued to whine.

"THEN EAT!" L.Joe snapped at Ricky.

"I didn't bring any food today, Changjo said he'd bring something for me but he didn't!" Ricky threw his hands in the air.

"Then you should stop being so gullible." L.Joe said with a straight face.

"Hyuuung!" Ricky held his stomach like he was dying of starvation.

L.Joe sighed in defeat and handed his food over to Ricky. Ricky accepted the food and wolfed it down like he hadn't eaten in weeks.

"Satisfied?" L.Joe eyed Ricky before looking to where his food used to be. Ricky nodded and smiled before giving L.Joe a thumbs up.

"Thanks Hyung."

*honestly, why do girls love this kid so much? Looking after him is like taking care of a newborn.* L.Joe thought.

"Hyung? Hyung?" Ricky said waving his hands in front of L.Joe's face.

"Yes, Ricky?"

"I saaaaaid, You didnt tell me Jenny was friends with exo."

"She's not, she played basketball one time but that was it." L.Joe recalled the time Jenny had told him about the basketball game.

"Well it doesn't seem so because she's over there with Kai and D.O." L.Joe looked in the direction Ricky was pointing and sure enough, there was Jenny with Kai, D.O and another girl.

"I thought I told her to be careful." He said, wondering why she was with the exo boys.

"Want to go over?" Ricky asked. L.Joe nodded and the two of them started walking to where Jenny was.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"YAH JONGIN! DON'T YOU DARE TELL THEM THAT OR I WILL NEVER MAKE YOU ANYTHING AGAIN!" D.O threatened Kai, who was trying to tell Jenny and Hyunwoo an embarrassing story about D.O.

"Noooo, Kyungsoo! I want to hear the story~~" Jenny whined to D.O.

"NO!" D.O said.

Hyunjoo sat there quietly chuckling at the three people.

"Anyways, as I was saying," Kai continued "this one time, D.O hyu-"

"JONGIN. I SWEAR YOU WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY AGAIN."

"Mind if we interrupt?" The three of them turned around and saw Ricky and L.Joe.

"What are you doing here?" Kai asked, the mood changing quickly.

"Don't worry, we're not here for you." Ricky said sarcastically.

"He didn't ask what you're not here for." D.O butted in.

"And since when do we ever answer to any of you?" Ricky retorted.

"And since when did he become mute?" Kai asked, Glaring at L.Joe.

"Yeah, Getting your dongsaeng to do all the talking for you now?" D.O added.

Everyone looked at L.Joe, who hadn't taken his eyes off of a confused Jenny.

"YAH! I asked you something!" Kai raised his voice at L.Joe. L.Joe took a breath.

"Jen," he said , trying hard not to lose his temper at the two exo members. "I thought I told you to be careful with who you decided to hang out with." He continued to look at Jenny.

Kai and D.O looked at each other confusedly.

"Honestly Jen," L.Joe rubbed the back of his neck. "These guys?" He pointed to D.O and Kai.

"And what's wrong with them?" Jenny asked, still confused as to why four of the boys she knew as pretty decent guys were acting so differently.

"Yeah, what's wrong with us?" D.O asked

"How is she meant to know that you're not the bad guy?" Kai smirked.

L.Joe gave Jenny an 'I'll explain everything later look.'

"BECAUSE L.JOE HYUNG IS ACTUALLY A DECENT GUY. UNLIKE YOU KAI!" Ricky shouted.

"Well maybe you're not as innocent as you make yourself out to be?" Kai questioned Ricky, taking a step forward.

"Don't. You. Dare. Touch him." L.Joe slowly said to Kai.

"And what if I do?" Kai challenged L.Joe.

"Do you really want to find out?" L.Joe asked rhetorically.

"Please stop." They all heard the quiet voice of Hyunjoo, who could already see the results of the fight if someone didn't step in.

*Hyunjoo?* L.Joe's eyes widened in surprise. *Jen knows Hyunjoo now?*

"D.O-sshi, Kai-sshi, please don't hurt them," Hyunjoo continued "Ricky-sshi, please don't say anything that would make them want to hurt you." Hyunjoo turned to L.Joe "L.Joe...D.O-sshi and Kai-sshi aren't as bad as you think they are. So please, stop."

L.Joe looked from Hyunjoo to Jenny. From Jenny to Hyunjoo. Hyunjoo to Kai and D.O. He then let out an annoyed sigh before grabbing Jenny's wrist and dragging her off somewhere.

____________________________

Super long chapter to make up for not updating in a while >< am I forgiven? I hope so. :) I'll try to update soon. What did you think of this chapter though? I guess you can see teen top and exo aren't exactly on 'good terms.' But I wonder why? And how does L.Joe know Hyunwoo? [Because they're in same class, duh! ....but is that the whole story?] Hmmm... Where did L.Joe drag Jenny off too? And what does Jenny think about the whole situation? Oh questions that you don't know the answers to.