Chapter 5

Friendzoned?

The rest of the week flew by. Jenny would talk to L.Joe every now and again, but she didn't see any of the basketball boys. She did, however, notice more girls giving her dirty looks. She would remind herself to look confident and show that she wasn't intimidated by the girls so that they wouldn't do anything bad to her, and it worked! All she ever received were glares and judgemental eyes.

Soon enough, 6:30pm on Saturday came around and Jenny, Eli and Kevin were at the basketball courts. The trio were just mucking around and playing basketball in their own 'unique' way.

"YAH! Kevin! Put me down!" Jenny yelled, squirming around, but it was no use, Kevin was a lot stronger than he looked. "Keviiin!" She yelled again as Eli scored a point.

"Sorry Jenny-Boo, I needed to help my bestie Eli score and this was the only way I could think of." Kevin explained before putting Jenny down. Jenny huffed before she turned around and noticed 3 boys standing and staring at them. Although there were three boys, only one stood out to Jenny.

"Byunghun? Hi!" She greeted with a smile.

"Hey, L.Joe, why is she calling you Byunghun, do you know her?" The boy on the right asked. L.Joe nodded before looking at Jenny again

"Hey Jenny, do you mind if we play with you?" He asked

"Sure thing! Us three verse you three?" She gestured towards the latter. L.Joe agreed and everyone introduced themselves. Apparently the two boys' names were Cap and Chunji and they also went to G-Academy.

"You ready to lose?" Jenny asked L.Joe, feeling her competitive mode switching on. L.Joe smirked at her.

"You're on."

The 6 people played for an hour and in the end, Jenny's team won. As they were celebrating, L.Joe couldn't help but laugh at how childish Jenny was. After they had finished celebrating, Jenny poked her tongue out a L.Joe

"Told you we'd win~~" she teased. L.Joe laughed at her before turning back to his friends.

"Wow bro, she's good! And she goes to our school?" Cap asked

"Yeah, she's my desk partner." L.Joe replied

"Lucky you! She's pretty cute," both L.Joe and Cap looked at Chunji "what? I'm just being honest." Chunji tried laughing it off awkwardly, but it failed.

"She seems pretty cool though, not like other girls." Cap continued, saving Chunji from his awkward misery. 

'Yeah, I don't mind this one..." L.Joe said. "She's not a fangirl, I don't even think she cares about the fact that I'm a kingka. She's different and I like it." L.Joe confessed.

The other trio however, we're getting ready to leave since it was getting late and because Eli wouldn't stop whining about how hungry he was. Before they were about to go, Jenny went over to say goodbye to L.Joe.

"Hey Byunghun, we're heading off now, so cya. It was fun playing with you," she then turned to Chunji and Cap "and it was nice meeting you guys." She smiled and waved goodbye to them, as she turned to walk back to Eli and Kevin, Chunji called out to her. L.Joe and Cap looked at him with a 'what are you doing look' as Chunji ran up to Jenny. They couldn't hear what Jenny and Chunji were saying, but they assumed the were exchanging numbers because they had their phones out.

"Why'd you get her number?" L.Joe asked Chunji as he came back.

"I told you, I think she's cute." Chunji gave an innocent smile before they too, started heading home

. ~~~~~

Jenny and Eli got home late and she decided to go to bed. When she got changed into her Pajama's, she checked her phone and saw she had received two messages. She opened the first one:

To: Jenny

Hey! It was nice hanging out with you! I hope we can do it again sometime :)

From: Chunji

She smiled at the message before she replied:

To:Chunji

Yeah, it was fun :) we'll totally do it again sometime!

From: Jenny

She was about to open the second message when her phone buzzed again.

*wow, this kid texts back fast* she thought.

To: Jenny

What are you still doing up! It's late, go to sleep! Tsk. Tsk.

From: Chunji

 

To: Chunji

Alright, Alright. I'll sleep. Goodnight :)

From: Jenny

 

To: Jenny

Goodnight :) I'll see you around ;)

From: Chunji

 

Jenny smiled at the message. Chunji was so nice. She then opened the second message.

To: Jenny

YAH! Why did you give Chunji your number? You only met him today! Seriously -.-

From: Unknown

 

To: unknown

I think a better question is why do you have my number if I didn't give it to you? Already fallen in love with your desk partner? ;)

From: Jenny.

 

Jenny laughed to herself before saving L.Joe's number on to her phone.

 

To: Jenny

...Chunji gave it to me. No! I haven't fallen in love with you. Don't winky face me!

From: Byunghun

 

To: Byunghun

You know I would've given it to you if you just asked right? Tsk. Tsk. I think you're in denial.

From: Jenny

 

Jenny and L.Joe ended up texting until late into the night and Jenny was relieved that she didn't have school in the morning so she could sleep in, but she was also a little disappointed because she wouldn't see L.Joe or Chunji.

___________________________________________________________________

I honestly don't know what I'm doing. Everytime I write a new chapter something changes -.- My thinking process! I won't take you through it, but hopefully it results in a better story *fingers crossed* D.O will be making his appearance soon though :D