Chapter 13

Friendzoned?

 

Chapter 13.
 
Jenny walked into her home smiling. She had to admit, L.Joe was a very fun guy to hang out with. She dumped her school bag on the floor and relaxed on the couch. She took out her phone, contemplating whether or not she should call L.Joe to check if he returned home safely. 
She scrolled up and down her contacts list when one name made her stop. 
 
*Kyungsoo*  She sighed. 
 
Jenny understood that Teen Top and Exo weren't fond of each other, but from what Jenny had gathered D.O seemed like an extremely nice guy. 
Being the type of girl she was, Jenny wanted to hear both sides of the story and decided she would walk to the coffee shop in the morning to talk to D.O about it.
 
A confused Jenny decided not to check on L.Joe.
 
*I'm sure Byunghun will be alright* She thought to herself, throwing her phone to the other side of the couch. 
 
"JenJen, You're back." Eli said as he entered the living room. "How was your day?"
 
He took a seat next to Jenny, checking her phone before tossing it back to her. 
 
"Kyungsoo huh? Who is this Kyungsoo?" Eli asked. 
 
*argh* Jenny thought *I forgot to close my contacts* 
"He's a friend." Jenny answered coolly.
 
"Just a friend?" Eli smirked at her, wiggling his eyebrows.
Jenny smiled and hit her older cousin.
 
"Yes Eli, *just* a friend." She answered, emphasising the 'just'. Eli stopped wiggling his eyebrows and nodded.
 
"Alright, Alright. As long as you're not secretly dating someone I'm fine." He smiled at his younger cousin. 
 
"So how was school today?" Jenny's smile faded and shook her head.
 
"Not fantastic, not terrifyingly horrific." She stated.
 
"Why? What happened?" A concerned Eli asked.
 
~~~~~~~
 
"I honestly don't know." L.Joe answered Chunji, patting his back.
 
"How does Kai even know her?" Chunji asked, putting his head in his hands.
 
"They played basketball together at school one time." L.Joe answered once again.
 
Muffled noises could be heard from Chunji before looking up.
 
"GAH!" He yelled out in annoyance. "I can't lose Jenny to Kai!" He said angrily. "I just can't!" He yelled again, tears starting to form in his eyes.
 
"And you won't." L.Joe comforted Chunji.
 
"But what if I do!" Chunji said, still yelling. "L.Joe, what if I do?" He whispered. 
 
The two of them sat there in a comforting silence. L.Joe didn't know what to say but he was in a situation where not much could be said. He understood why Chunji felt this way and seeing his best friend like this broke his heart.
 
~~~~~~~
 
"Wait. So that L.Joe guy dragged you out of school?" Eli asked as Jenny nodded. "Jenny, you shouldn't be skipping school and THEN coming home late WITH A GUY! Especially a KINGKA! You don't know what kinds of things a guy could be thinking when he's alone with a girl!" Eli nagged.
 
"Well, he did explain everything to me and in his defence, you do know him." Jenny stated 
 
"So just because I've met the guy that automatically means that you can participate in truancy together?" Eli rhetorically asked. "NO! The least you could've done was go back to school or try to stop him from dragging you!"
 
"He's a lot stronger than he looks." Jenny stated. Eli sighed and rubbed his temples. There was an awkward silence as Jenny waited to hear what her cousin had to say next. To her surprise, his voice came out calm and full of concern. 
 
"Jen, it's not that I don't trust you. Just be careful okay. You never know what a guy is thinking and when you do something, it could be misinterpreted to mean something else." Eli said to Jenny as he took a seat. 
 
After a few minutes of silence, Jenny got out of her seat and walked over to her older cousin before sitting down next to him. 
 
"Alright, I'll be careful Eli but in my opinion, you have absolutely nothing to worry about." She nudged Eli chuckling, trying to lighten the mood. 
 
"And in my opinion I do have something to worry about," Eli smiled at Jenny "but if you say you're fine, I trust you." He lightly nudged Jenny back and ruffled his hair. 
 
"Geez Jen, why can't you have more girl friends? Or better yet, why don't you just hang with Kev more often!" Eli asked jokingly. 
 
"Because Kevin is a 'no' remember?" Jenny answered. 
 
"Oh yeah," Eli chuckled. "Well it's nice to see you still listened to your older cousin."  Eli paused for a moment and contemplated whether he should say what he was thinking, smiling to himself he shook his head and decided against it. "Well, I'm off to bed," he stood up and stretched "night JenJen, don't stay up too late."
 
"Goodnight Eli." 
 
~~~~~~
 
L.Joe checked the time *12:30am*
He looked over to Chunji who was staring blankly at the ground. L.Joe let out a large sigh before standing up and reaching for Chunji's hand. 
"Come on, it's getting late. You can crash here tonight." 
Chunji grabbed on to ljoe's and he hoisted himself up. After they had gotten ready for bed and Chunji had fallen asleep, L.Joe whipped out his phone and texted Jenny. 
 
To: Jen
 
YOU need to talk to Chunji. 
ASAP.
 
From: L.Joe.
 
He hit send before closing his phone and drifting off to sleep for himself.