Chapter 11

Friendzoned?

 "YAH! Byunghun! Where are you taking me?" Jenny yelled yet again.

L.Joe had not let go of Jenny's wrist since he dragged her away from D.O, Kai, Hyunjoo and Ricky. He dragged her out of the school and through some busy streets, not even glancing at her once.

Finally, L.Joe let go of Jenny's wrist as they stopped outside a random store. He took a seat on the bench, letting out a small sigh. Jenny stood infront of him with her hands on her hips.

"Okay, Byunghun. You have some serious explaining to do." She looked at him, waiting for an answer to why he suddenly dragged her out of school. L.Joe pat the space next to him, gesturing Jenny to sit.

"Alright, I'll Explain." Jenny sat next to L.Joe as he began explaining. "When I told you to be careful about who you decided to hang out with, I kind of hoped you would get the hint and not hang around exo. You see, Teen Top and Exo don't really...get along. As you kind of witnessed." L.Joe tried to crack a joke, but Jenny was not impressed.

"Anyway," he continued awkwardly "it's kind of always been this way. For the most part, we try to avoid them. It just makes it easier for everyone. You're probably wondering why we don't like each other, am I right?" He asked. Jenny nodded.

"Kind of, I mean...people just don't like others without a legitimate reason, right?" She answered. L.Joe laughed and she gave him a strange look.

"But that's part of the reason." Jenny looked at L.Joe, wondering what he was going on about.

"It started with Cap Hyung and Suho. They were in the same class a few years back and for this one music assessment they got paired up. Now, both of these guys are pretty musical...and although they both had really great ideas, they conflicted each other. Long story short, there was a lot of arguments, things were said - not just between Hyung and Suho, and the groups ended up like this. That's the thing, some people just don't...click...if you know what I'm saying. In our case, it's two groups. That's not the only reason we don't get along, but it's a main one."

"Wait...then what does that have to do with me hanging out with them?" Jenny asked, still unsure as to why hanging out with D.O and Kai was so bad. L.Joe looked as if he was debating with himself, trying to figure out if he should say what was on his mind. Jenny was about to speak, when L.Joe beat her to it.

"Don't tell him I told you, But Chunji really likes you. It's a bit annoying." L.Joe rubbed the back of his neck. "He's usually this really cool guy, but when you're around he turns into this awkward ball of...giggles. You turn Chunji - the cool kingka that girls would kill to date, into Chanhee - the cute awkward dork."

Jenny looked surprised at the sudden confession and L.Joe looked unsure if that was the best way to describe Chunji but decided it was fine before continuing.

"Chanhee is pretty sensitive. You should've seen him when he thought you and Kevin were dating. If he saw you with exo...Would you really want to hurt Chanhee like that?" He asked rhetorically. There was a moment of silence.

Jenny sat there twiddling her thumbs, taking in what L.Joe had just said. She felt shocked that Chunji liked her. She didn't care if he was a kingka. The fact that someone else thought about her, that she was able to make a cool guy into an awkward kid just by being around, that someone else cared about her was hard to take in. After a few minutes, she spoke up.

"Wait...How would me hanging out with exo be more disappointing than me dating Kevin?" She asked. L.Joe Chuckled.

"I don't think that's my story to share." He said with a straight face. Jenny nodded in understanding and made a mental note to herself to ask Chunji what happened with exo. She was beginning to get annoyed at all these back stories that she didn't know about.

"Alright. Then explain why you dragged me out here." She asked sternly. L.Joe felt himself tense for a split second before easing up again. He looked away from Jenny, so that he could avoid any possibility of making eye contact.

"Byunghun, if you dragged me all the way out here because of your great dislike for Exo, I swear." She nagged.

"Do you really think I'd drag you out here because of Exo? I've been putting up with them for years!" L.Joe turned and said, raising his voice a little, shocking Jenny. "I don't know why I dragged you out here! It's just that..." L.Joe trailed off. He looked down at the ground as he realised that he had just raised his voice at the shocked girl. "Sorry...I didn't mean to raise my voice." He mumbled.

"It's okay, but if it wasn't exo, what made you drag me away?" Jenny asked, confused.

"Hyunjoo." He said softly. So softly that Jenny almost missed it.

"Hyunjoo? Quiet, shy, book-loving Hyunjoo made you drag me out here?" She asked in disbelief. L.Joe nodded. He let out a deep sigh, before explaining yet another back story.

"Hyunjoo wasn't always the quiet, shy girl. She used to be fun and talkative. She was great. We were really close when we were younger." He smiled as he remembered his childhood with Hyunjoo. "We spent so much time together, and as you get older...you start developing different feelings towards other people. Hyunjoo started having feelings for me but unfortunately the feelings weren't mutual. When she confessed, I didn't know how to react. I told her that it was nice that she felt that way but I didn't feel the same way back."

"You told her that it was nice? Oh my goodness Byunghun! What is wrong with you!" Jenny interrupted, slapping Byunghun's arm.

"I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO OKAY!" He yelled defensively "I DIDN'T FEEL THAT WAY ABOUT HER! I LIKE HER SISTER HYUNMI!"

Jenny eyed L.Joe, before smirking a bit.

"You like her sister?" She asked mischievously

"What? NO. I did back then, not now." L.Joe quickly replied. Jenny chuckled.

"You just said 'I LIKE her sister Hyunmi' not 'I LIKED her sister Hyunmi." Jenny eyed him.

"Did I?" L.Joe blushed a little before regaining his 'Cool Guy' image. "Well, I'd hate to break it to you Sherlock, but I just made a mistake."

Jenny smiled at him knowingly as L.Joe continued telling his story.

"Anyway, since then Hyunjoo and I started growing a part. It wasnt intentional. The both of us tried to make it work but it just wasnt the same anymore. When we started going to G-Academy, Hyunjoo turned into a completely different person." L.Joe paused, looking down at the concrete path. "She never talked to anyone, she'd avoid me, she spent most of her time in the library. You can't expect our relationship to be fantastic if we haven't spoken in years. It knowing that I'm the reason why she's like this, and I think it would be best if I don't bother trying anymore." L.Joe leant back and slouched on the seat as he let out a deep breath.

The two sat there in silence. Jenny pulled out her phone to check the time.

2:23 she sighed and stood up, straightening out her school skirt.

"C'mon princess," She waved her arm at L.Joe, gesturing for him to stand up. "There's no point in heading back to school now." She started walking away in a random direction, leaving L.Joe still on the bench.

"YAH! JEN!" He called as he ran to catch up with the girl. "Where are we going?"

Jenny shrugged at him.

"I don't know, Let's see."

She smirked at him as the two continued walking.

_______________________________

Haven't updated in yonks and I apologise [does anyone even say yonks?] But you know....updated (Y) HONESTLY, I'm trying so hard to stop using so much speech but it's so hard ;___________; I'll try harder for the next chapter okay.