2- The truth and the consequence

Jump. See If He's Worth The Fall

 

 I open my eyes. Blurry. I blink several times in attempt to clear it.

White walls.  Clean white sheets.  I.V. drip.

 

Of course. “…hospital.”

 

“You are in a hospital. Finally you are awake.” He walks towards my bed.

“Is it that bad? ...my leg I mean…”

“There’s an open fracture. You lost some blood. You passed out.”

 

Oh.

It is that bad.

 

“Water. I want a glass of water”

Youngjae quickly poured water in a glass “Here… Ugh, want me to call the doctor?”

I nod and drink my water.

He pressed the red button near the bed. Then he sat on the stool beside me. It is hard to say what kind of facial expression he is wearing. Maybe something like anxious or worried or embarrassed or looking for words to say or the combination of all…? He looks like he is the one who is ill.

 

He took a deep breath. He stares at the floor.

 

 “I’ll go straight to the point. I-I’m sorry… for your leg. This is my entire fault...

 

 Yeah, I know it is my responsibility but I don’t think I can pay the hospital bill, and please do not sue me for it… The truth is I have no enough money for the hospital neither to pay an attorney. Look I can’t even pay my apartment rent…  but I can pay in some other way… maybe ”

 

He scratches the back of his head.

 

 

“Don’t worry I can pay for it.”

 

 

“……..?”  Youngjae looks up with confused wide eyes.

Just like that? Seriously won’t he even curse Youngjae for messing up his leg?

 

 “You’re Yoo Youngjae right?”

 “You know me?!”

 

“And you said you can pay in some other way. That sounds fun *chuckles*”

“……”

Ow. Could the little accident possibly have a severe effect on his brain?

 

Youngjae was about to say something what he do not know what is that something.

 

 

The doctor comes in.

 

 

Youngjae went out of the room for some air. He leaned against the wall and stuffs his hand into his pockets.

 

What is going on here?

I am close to freaking out a while ago before he woke up. Then just like that? He will pay the bill. He did not even curse me and my carelessness. He says something sounds fun. To top it all, he knows my name.

 

 I actually know him because everybody knows the rich kid with the pretty face and disgustingly well loved by the girls. Daehyun is quite famous.

 

 

He pulled out his hands from his pockets and buries his face in his hands while thinking of what just happened.

 

Everything from losing his scholarship to ending up to this moment, how could all this things happen in a day?

 

 

I am now freaking out. I want of get out of here, out of this whole situation. Run away now.

 

I can but-

 

I won’t.

 

 

Youngjae who argues with his conscience barely noticed that the doctor already went out of the room.

 

Visitors came. Wow news really spreads like wild fire. By the way, his visitors are all girls. And that is not surprising.

No. Scratch that.

There is a guy. He is not that tall but has a good built, he is tan, has a brunette hair and wait, he just peeked through the door and did not come in. The visitor walks away or maybe a visitor of someone else’s and he saw that he went to a wrong room.

 

 

After a while, Youngjae entered the room. Daehyun seems to be sleeping. A perfect time to flee.

 

 “Oh you're still here. I thought you already ran away” Daehyun said with a smirk. Obviously he is awake.

“What? No!” …Though he really thought of it

“Already have bright ideas about ‘repaying in some other way’? “

 

Youngjae opened his mouth but he closed it right away. He shrugs instead. He do not have any plans. Cool.

What happened to Mr. Genius….

 

Daehyun eyes Youngjae intently and his lips, waiting for an answer.

He raised an eyebrow when none came.

 

 

“Good ‘cause I just decided what your payment will be”

 

**********

and there, that's chapter 2 for you :) a little cliff hanger there,

poor Youngjae~  i hope you guys are curious with what Daehyun is thinking....

 

i am not yet confident with my writing though. i really wish that i would pull this off!!

i will search every corner of my precious little brain for better ideas for my next update. hahaha.

and i am looking forward for your reactions. PLEASE COMMENT/subscribe.

it's okay to criticize a bit. but don't be rude okay? let's all be friends!