9 – Love Stories and Cold Beer

Jump. See If He's Worth The Fall

 

 

“oh there you are! Wear your unifor quick” Hyosung, the patissier of the coffee shop told Youngjae.

“why, what’s up? Everybody is so busy”

“ah. The owner, I mean the previous owner sold the place and because you were absent last Sunday and you had your dayoff, you’re unaware of it. The new owner will hold an event later so we have to work double time. And yeah Manager Hyunjin is not here so you’re safe from her nagging. Go change now” She spoke too fast that Youngjae barely had time to be surprised.

 

After changing his clothes he went straight to the kitchen.

Half an hour later, the new owner entered the kitchen.

 

 

The employees greeted her with a bow excluding Youngjae. He greeted her bu droppng a creamic mug. Actually it accidentally slipped. This time, it seems like the clock stopped ticking for Youngjae to have enough time to be surprised byt this big surprise.

 

 

 

The new owner is Mrs. Bae.

 

Suji’s mother.

“Wow. How could ne an employee be more disrespectful to his boss?” She rolled her eyes “Yoo Youngjae, remember what respect is?” Then she added in matter-of-factly tone. “Such a disrespectful. Useless person, destructive even. I know very well that a person like you must not be so ambitious. You will not reach anything, you are not worthy—“

 

“Shut up!” he snapped. His fists clenched, aware that all eyes are on him.

 

“How dare you—“

 

“No need to throw another insult to me. I am resigning Mrs.Bae” He say without thinking twice.

 

It was all too much for him, being insulted like that in front of everybody and being under the stare  her judging eyes. That was so unprofessional of her, they are in a workplace.

 

Youngjae knew how much Suji’s parents dislike him. Now, he is just reminded of it. He is damn sure that if he will not resign, he will receive more humiliation from that old . Yeah, she deserves to be called that.

 

Youngjae storms out of the kitchen while cursing under his breathe.

 

 

 

He inhaled deeply and exhaled a couple of times in attepmt to regain his cool. He needs to be calm. He can’t be reckless. He fished out the keys of his master’s car from his pocket. He has to bring this car to the mechanic without in one piece without any scratch.

 

He drives calmly. He needs to because he doesn’t want to be caught by the police by hitting a pedestrian  or crashing into another car. Once again, he has no license.

 

He thinks as he drives.

 

 

 

 

I did what is right, didn’t i?

 

It’’s better to resign than to get fired anyway.

 

Tons of goodluck to me. It already but life will get worse from now on.

 

I am defintely and completely dependent to my master for living.

 

*~why so serious? Come on girls, comeon boys~* speaking of the devil.

 

I pick up.

 

“Don’t go home unless you have cheesecakes. Dozens of ‘em”

 

He hang up.

 

 

 

The car would be repainted so I left the car at the mechanic.

 

I need to buy cheesecakes and I will  just walk home . Yeah, I call that place home. I don’t know why …but yeah it’s home.

 

 

 

 

 

I went up to his room and guess what he is sitting on his bed and he’s drinking again.

 

He’s drunk. Run, slave.

 

“Are you afraid? *chuckles* don’t worry, I won’t bite”

 

I take careful steps indside. Suddenly a foolish idea come up to me.

 

“here are the cheesecakes… uh, can i-can I have some of that?”

He raised an eyebrow.

 

“beer or soju?”

 

“which is stronger?”

 

“here” he hands me a bottle of cold beer.

 

“I resigned” I whisper as I accept the bottle.

 

“cool. Let’s drink to that, then.” He lifts his bottle. He should sound cocky but he doesn’t.

 

I sighed.

 

“her mother is the new owner of the coffee shop” I said sourly. I know he might not give a about what I am saying but I just need to get it out of my chest.

 

“her?”

 

I look at him and I was comforted in a way because he is listening. I scratch the back of my head as I sit on a spot on the floor near his bed. I drink the beer without thinking of my manners. I immediately feel the the effect of the bitter liquid.

 

“one year and about 9 months, she left… You know, the princess fell in love with the poor guy. Her parents disapproved and sent her away. Just like the love stories you can read in the internet.” I laughed resentfully  “we’re childhood friends. As we grew up she became vocal and expressive with her feeling for me. But I was cold. I love her, really. I just  don’t think I deserve her ot that is what her parents kept on telling her. And yeah, I wasn’t man enough to attest my feelings. She never gave up on me though until her parents sent to Canada.” I finish the remaining contents of my bottle. “geez. I sounded like I’m on a love talk show… Why am I telling you this? Bet you’ve never been in love…”

 

He smiled slightly.

 

“actually, I think we’re on the same page. I mean your story is a bit like mine except that I am the rich guy so my parents disapproved. “

 

“really huh? Which one of your girls?”

 

He laughed like I just cracked the biggest joke of the century.

 

“Use your brilliant brain, dude” he laughed again “You know, that guy you saw at the hospital. He’s my ex-boyfriend”

 

DID I HEAR IT RIGHT? THAT GUY, HIS  EX?

 

JUNG DAEHYUN, WHOSE  NAME IS SYNONYMOUS TO WOMANIZER, IS GAY?

 

“ you-are-gay?

“I was, I like girls now… aaaah I kissed you, so yes I am”

 

He drinks his beer.

 

You are so stupid Youngjae. He kissed you, of course he is gay. Why haven’t I thought of that?

 

“what? You don’t believe me? I am gay and I can prove it to you like, now”

 

He moved closer . I panicked. I unittentionally spit  out the beer  from my mouth to him. He had an instant shower.

 

“! Eww. Go to my bathroom and grab a towel” he looks disgusted.

 

 

I followed my master’s orders.

 

 

 

The first thing I saw when I get out of his bathroom is him taking his shirt off. My eyes widened. Within a split second, I saw his toned torso. He is not only skin on bones. He has some muscles and I shouldn’t be thinking of it.

 

“hey, slave . get me a shirt too”

 

“where?” I ask with my back turn to him.

 

“there”

 

“where?”

 

“how will you see where I’m pointing at if your back is turned against me?”

 

I shot a quick glance to see where he is poiting. Then I walked sidewards like how crabs walk. Babo. Crabs crawl. Your brain is getting worse everyday, Youngjae. I keep my back turned to him until I reach his closet. I look for something comfortable to wear.

 

Why am I beaing like this? Come on face him…

 

Okay.

 

I hand him a towel and his shirt.

 

“sorry, master” I say as I help him wipe himself with another towel. Mind you, I keep my eyes on the towel not on his skin.

 

Silence enters the scene.

 

 

 

 

“okay, since I already mentioned it to you, I think you ought to now… He is my ex-boyfriend and I hate him now. I hate him because he used  me get that damned slot in Berklee. I don’t know if he needed me because he loved me or he loved me because he needed me or if he loved me at all. Whatsoever.  Then same ending like yours, he flew away… I am using you against him so I think, by telling you this my conscience will be clean” He only looks at his bottle as he speaks. There is bitterness but I think he is being sincere.

 

 

This is the first time we talked to each other like this, before our conversations are all about arguments and that master-slave stuff. But not, we actually told each other something about ourselves.. something personal…

 

 

 

 

“you nare not much of a drinker”

 

I don’t know if it was a question ‘cause it doesn’t sound like it but I nodded to agree with him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Daehyun his lips as he watches Youngjae’s adams apple bob  when he drinks his second bottle.

 

 

**********

for those who doesn't know (if there's any, but i doubt that) Berklee is a music college where Park Bom and PSY studied.

 

KRYOLIE dear, i am sorry it took me a while to update.. something came up but here it is. Hope you like it ^^