Doomed, not really

Icy Flower

    This is bad. Really, bad. Oh God, I’m going to die today. Tell everyone I love them.
 

     Taeyeon rushed down the stairs and tried to squeeze her arm into the long sleeve of her thick grey hoodie. But, found it a bit harder than the usual, today. She made a sudden turn and climbed her way back to the room, searching for her most favorite watch of all time. She must have forgotten about it during the hassle she got herself in this morning. 
 

     Taeyeon found out that she got up almost half an hour than she was supposed to. That was when she immediately remembered about Jessica and cursed herself for turning off her alarm clock.
 

“Taeyeon unnie, hurry up! Gosh, how slow can you be?”
“I am trying, okay!” 

 

     She ran her way down. It was almost as if she was sliding down the stair. The door was slammed close after Taeyeon grabbed her shoes and tossed the chain of keys to Yoona. 
 

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” Taeyeon asked, irritatingly.
“I thought you already were!” 
“Did you guys even checked on me?” she looked up to search both of the girls’ eyes but turned her gaze back down when her feet refused to fit in to the shoes. 
“No, we didn’t.” Krystal shrugged mindlessly and grabbed the car key from the older girl’s grip. She then proceeded to start the engine.
“Damn it! Why does everything seem to be shrinking today?!”

 

     Taeyeon vent frustratingly but eventually got to put on both of her shoes. She grabbed her jacket tight along with the books that threatened to fall off from her grip and slung her bag onto her shoulder properly. Or at least, she tried. Her phone had been ringing relentlessly since a quarter of hour ago.
 

13 missed calls.
5 new messages. 

 

     She took a look at her wrist.
 

I am so doomed. 
 

     When she hoped into the car, she immediately told Krystal to inform her sister that they will be there in minutes. The latter just nodded her head while Yoona took care of Taeyeon's stuffs.
 

“She said she had been waiting for hours.”
“Tell her not to exaggerate.” Taeyeon replied while securing herself on the sea.

 

Damn damn damn damn damn damn.
 

     She stepped on the gas pedal and raced away to pick Jessica up and hoped for the worst not to happen.


     Jessica hoped in and slammed the door shut. She turned to the driver and grabbed the girl on the top of her head with her feminine little hand. This was when she realized how her hair differs from Jessica’s. While Taeyeon had her hair dyed with a very light ash blonde color, Jessica had hers dyed with auburn brown. Taeyeon had no choice but to look at the latter as she was forced to do so and she could almost swear she was going to pee her pants.
 

“Here’s a fact about me; I hate waiting.”
 

     The older girl gave nothing but tons of nods as she realized it was absolutely her fault for she paid a little less attention to the time. But then, she honestly couldn’t take all the blame on herself. Taeyeon glanced at the two at the back but they’d dare not to interfere. They knew well enough to stay away from a mad Jessica whom had waited for quite a time. 
 

     Both put on an act to avoid the whole situation Taeyeon was facing. Yoona looked out the window but Krystal focused on her phone instead.
 

“The weather is nice today” Yoona said and agreed to herself with a nod.
“Yes. Indeed.”

 

     The oldest out of them voiced her agreement to Yoona’s statement. But Yoona caught on the tone in Taeyeon’s voice and realized she was being sarcastic. As if it could not be any clearer, Taeyeon look at her direction and threw daggers of a kind of look.
 

     She just could not get over the fact the other two ladies did not even bother to wake her up this morning. How, she had not even heard the alarm went off despite the fact she had set up a numerous number of alarm just in case the earlier ones could not pull her out of sleep.
 

     Guilty, Yoona gave a sheepish smile before Taeyeon release the handbrake and drove off to their school.

     
You mad? Lol 
Taeyeon

 

     She typed out and sent it immediately. She did not forget to add ‘LOL’ at the end of her sentence. Just in case the lady took on a different meaning behind the text. She would not want Jessica to think she was so desperate to seek forgiveness.
 

     Taeyeon tossed her phone under her desk. The class was too boring that day so she looked out the window and stare out to the scenery. Yoona was right; the weather was beautiful that day. There were a number of clouds with different shape. One of them could almost look like her dog; Ginger. And suddenly she missed him.
 

     A sudden vibrate from under the desk bring her attention back to the fact that she did send a text to Jessica. It was as if she knew well it was a reply from the girl while it could be anybody but her. Taeyeon's seatmate gave a look but she just ushered the girl to do her own business and assured that she will be fine.

NO.
Jessica 

 

     Taeyeon raised a brow. She could not take on the message out of the text. If Jessica was really not mad, then why was she using capital letters? It apparently did not seem so convincing to Taeyeon.
 

    She was halfway through typing a reply but another message came in.

 

Let’s eat out today. All on me ;)
Jessica

 

    Then her mind stopped working for a moment there. Wait, she was really not mad? Taeyeon kept wondering but shrugged of the thoughts and texted back.

 

You sure? Are you really not mad at all? Lmao i just can’t with u
Taeyeon

…yeah, why? Oh, and bring the gurls too. it’s not a date, btw ;p
Jessica

 

     ‘What the hell?’ were the only words Taeyeon could think of at the moment. She was so worried if the latter would do something as a payback. But no, she wanted to treat her to lunch instead.

 

Oh, okay then. Thot u’re really mad bout the whole thing this morning. And yes, we’ll pick u up later. And, why can’t it be a date? T^T
Taeyeon

Lol, nah. Kay, I’ll wait. Wait- what? So u want it to be date huh? Knew it ;p
Jessica

 

     On the other side, Jessica seemed to be in a better mood. She started smiling when Taeyeon sent the latest text. She knew it was another game well played by the slightly older girl. Her daily life would not be lame anymore like before now that she got ‘something’ to deal with. 
 

     Her mind kept thinking of the best replied to Taeyeon's text so they could drag the conversation longer. It had been a hard time for her to concentrate in class as well that day. She needed something to keep her awake. Mrs. Saeyeong could not care any lesser if her students don’t pay attention but she could not take it if they sleep in the class.

 

Yessssss, of course I do! ;) maybe some other time. Your treat ^^
Taeyeon

In ya dream! It’s on u the NEXT time we... oh, oops XD
Jessica

 

     They continued to exchange texts purely on the purpose of trying to kill some time before the class actually ends.