She Won't Back Off

Icy Flower

 

“Uhm…unnie?”

 

I glanced at Krystal through the rear mirror for a split second and averted my gaze back to the road.

 

“Yeah?”

“Sica-unnie asked for a help.”

 

     She hesitantly said and I noticed she had her phone in her hand. Guess Jessica just texted her. But, what kind of help could she possibly asked for? I was confused and couldn’t come up with any possible thing that could relate to her request. I mean, what could it be? So I asked Krystal.

 

 

“On what?”

“There’s something wrong with her car, and… she’s asking for us to pick her up.”

 

     Almost immediately, I slowed down my car and started wondering. It was just a few days ago she rode her car to her so-called date with Siwon. And it was in a perfect condition, I supposed.

 

“Where is she now?”

“Still at home.”

 

     She was typing something onto her phone and constantly glancing back and forth between me and the screen. I finally stopped at the side-road but unconsciously, my eyebrow formed a frown and I just realized it when I tried to look at Krystal through the rear mirror.

 

“But, it’s on the opposite way we’re heading.” Can’t she just take a bus or something like that? Oh, and what’s the use of that Siwon guy?

“Yeah, but-”

 

     She was about to say something but her phone suddenly rang and she picked it up immediately. Just as soon as she pressed the green button, I heard some noises coming from the phone and I already could expect who it was.

 

“I know, just wait would you?! We’re heading there now! Gosh…”

“We are?”

 

     I whispered softly and looked at Yoona while she just shrugged her shoulder. Seeing that Yoona can’t do anything, I turned towards Krystal. By that time, she was going to hang up but suddenly, she didn’t. Instead, she pressed some button on her phone and it turned out to be the loudspeaker button when I heard the girl shouted from the other line.

 

“Yes, you are!”

And she hung up just like that.

 

    I sighed for the first time that day and it was because of that blonde girl. I was still unprepared to meet her after what I’ve said to her last night. I didn’t know what came to me and I guess it was just some sort of natural reaction for me to retort back instead of keeping myself silent. I had to do something or she’ll think that I’m just a loser. No, I wasn’t and I am not a loser. I’m Kim Taeyeon for everybody to know.

 

    I finally drove the other way around with a heavy heart after making sure that it was safe to do so. Now, I’m sure we will be late to go to our class. We still haven’t had our breakfast yet and it was already past eight.

 

    When that Jessica girl settled down in the seat, I sighed again; knowing that I have to drive the same way we were going earlier. Except, it was further. If only we didn’t have to pick her up, we’ll be already finishing our breakfast by now.

 

    I thought that was the only problem I’ll be facing that day but, no. when we’re having our breakfast, Jessica tagged along too and the worst part is, she was sitting in front of me. Fortunately, there was nothing ‘weird’ came from her through the breakfast so I guess my threat did work well.

 

    They seemed so relaxed so I thought they already forgot about their class which will be starting shortly, I supposed. I tried to remind them but they just kept cool and told me that their class will be starting at 9 for Krystal and same goes for Yoona. Then that left me to have my class at 10. But what about her?

 

As if she knew what I was thinking, she spoke up, “It’s 9.30 for me. Don’t worry.” And I only could managed to let out an ‘oh’ and a nod.

 

[few moments later]

We were going off from the café when suddenly those two so-called twins spoke.

 

“Unnie, we’re going to our class first. It’s kinda late now. Do you mind if you send Sica-unnie by yourself?”

 

No, just no! Why is this happening to me?! There’s definitely something wrong. Maybe I stepped on a bug or whatever it is and this is what I get. Karma.

 

“What? Uh, yeah… o-of course.”

 

     I forced out a smile while Jessica was already standing beside the car; waiting for me to unlock it. Once I pressed the unlock button, they immediately went in and I drove off to Jessica's college, not forgetting to drop off the duo in front of our college.

 

     The drive to her college was silent all the way and it was awkward. She kept staring out the window but sometimes taking glances at me. Not that I didn’t realized, but I pretended to not noticing them and kept my head looking straight to the front. It was awkward and I didn’t like it at all especially after what happened between us that night. So, I turned the radio on and some good music played. We just stayed like that until we almost reach to her college’s gate. From afar, I already could see Siwon standing at the gate; probably waiting for this girl. Now, why didn’t she just ask him to pick her up? I’m sure he’s more than willing to do that. She could just do that than causing my petrol to waste just like that.

 

     “Yah, why didn’t you just ask your ‘boyfriend’ to pick you up?” I spoke, irritated by the fact that I have to make my way back to my college again. It was like I’ve travel this world all around. Okay, maybe that’s a little bit too exaggerating. But… oh, whatever.

 

    She looked at me, confused. But I guess she already understand me when she saw Siwon standing in front of the gate.

 

“You’re just burdening me, you know?” I looked at her but immediately moved my gaze away when she turned to me, too. Her eyes were furious. I still couldn’t look her in the eyes, not after-

 

“Oh? I’m sorry if I caused you trouble, miss. But, for your information, I didn’t asked for it to be like this, too.”

 

    She firmly uttered out her words with a hint of sarcasm in her tone. She started to pick up the books from her lap and sling her bag on her shoulder when we finally stopped exactly in front of the gate.

 

     “I don’t know what happened to my car, so I need someone to give me a ride. And I don’t have any boyfriend so I can’t ask him to pick me up.” She was still staring at me with that glaring eyes and I still didn’t have the guts to stare back.

 

“So, pardon me if I’m just a trouble to you, Taeyeon-shi.”

 

     She got out from the car and closed the door with a slammed and- hey! What did she just do with my car?

 

    Suddenly, I felt bad. Why? Did I go too far? She’s just asking for a freaking ride to her school and there I was; making a big deal out of it. I let out a sigh and switched the gear, wanting to get off to my college. But before I could step on the pedal, the front passenger door was opened again. Jessica bent down a little to look at me.

 

“Pick me up after school ended. I don’t want to go with that player.” I caught a slight cringe on her face when she mentioned about some guy which I already knew. She closed the door with a slam, again!

 

Oh, poor my baby car… I hope you’re okay.

 

    I watched her walked away and while doing so, I caught a glimpse of movements and it turned out to be Siwon; waving his hand to me. I was taken aback by his action and was too awkward to wave back. But I had to respond to that nevertheless. What will he thinks or feels if I just ignore him? So, I raised my hand and waved back hesitantly. He smiled when I did so and I think Jessica saw us because I caught her rolling her eyes before she made her way into the college. Siwon who was grinning with so much enthusiasm before started to catch up with Jessica and walked beside her.

 

     I drove away and hoped that my day will become better. I looked at the scenery around me and smiled when I passed the beach. It was beautiful. The ocean was as calm as ever and it made me calm down too. The sky was blue and so did the sea. I love the feelings. Blue had always makes me feel calmer. Blue makes it more-

 

*Beep!*

 

     I snapped out from my wonderful thought when suddenly my phone beeped; indicating that there was incoming message. I opened it up and some unknown number sent a rather weird message to me. I read it while I constantly switched my gaze between my phone and the road back and forth.

 

‘Oh! And please do not think that I’m done with you, dear. I still have so many things to deal with you. Do expect something from me. ;)’

 

     I frowned; confused as to why someone would send this to me. Ah, maybe they got the wrong number. I shrugged my shoulder, ignoring the message and tossed my phone to the passenger seat beside me. Not long after that, my phone beeped once again and a message came in.

 

‘By the way, this is Jessica.’

 

     I almost jumped out from the car when I saw that name. It just freaked me out. I didn’t expect her to inbox me at this rate. She was the last person I’ll ever think of to be the one who sent me this weird message.

 

     And, how did she even get my number? I’ve never gave her my phone number neither did I had contact her with my phone. Nevertheless, I still tried to remember whether I gave it to her or not. But no. I never did. So, how?

 

    And, the message… Oh, it made sense now. The message seemed less weird when I knew whom it came from. 

 

    Someone would send this kind of message to me, if and only if that someone is no other than Jung Jessica.

 


the last time i updated this was almost a month ago?! wow, time sure did fly fast.. :3

and... this story already reached it's 22nd chapter but the story is only about the 1st 2 or 3 weeks starting from Taengsic's 1st meeting. =,= i'm such a slow writer.

so, don't blame me if the story continue until the 100th chapter or if it gets boring. 

seriously, 22 chapters and it's only telling about story that happened for 2 weeks??! gaaah! slow, slow, slow writer!