Sixteenth

Icy Flower

 

CHAPTER SIXTEENTH

 

“Yah, Soojung-ah. Where have you been?”

     I just got back from helping Aunt Seyoung to prepare their tea and cookies. While I was there, the two; Jessica and Yoona, already went to somewhere else and doing something that I don’t know and don’t care that much. They must be checking out all the things they had bought.

     I put all my belongings onto the table and hung my coat but eyes never leave the girl. She was sitting cross-legged on the bed and faced her laptop with much interest. She didn’t even glance at me when I stepped into this room. But she had greeted me, though.

“I told you, I was at the school.” Still, she wasn’t taking her eyes off from the screen. What’s so interesting with that thing? Her fingers continuously tapping the keys and sometimes, a smile crept to her face. I guess she was chatting with some dude on the social web… I just shrugged my shoulders since it is common for girls to do that. Don’t they? Well, that’s what I thought.

“When did you come home?” I asked her while looking at my watch. It was around 5 in the afternoon and she seemed to be there for a long time ago.

“It’s been awhile ago…” She stopped typing for a short moment as if trying to remember the time she got home. “Ah, I think it was at two.”

“Don’t you want to join Aunt and Uncle Jung for the tea time?”

“Nope.”

“Oh. I’m going to inform Aunt Seyoung then.”

“I already told mom about that.”

     I started to get annoyed when she didn’t even care to lift her head and looked at me while we were talking. You supposed to look at others when you’re talking, shouldn’t you? And what we got here? Aye, this girl!

“Yah, Jung Soojung, look at me when we’re talking.” *trying to suppress her disappointment*

“Ne?” she took a glance at me but turned her attention to her laptop in no time.

“Aissh, I know you’re busy with those guys, but wouldn’t you look at me even for a second? I’m talking to you here...” I tried to lower my tone and kept calm because this thing was not even worth to argue for.

     I started to reach her and pushed the screen down, making the view before, disappeared from her sight.

“Ah! Unnie~” she looked at me with her slumped shoulders and frowned eyebrows. “Why did you do that?” she tried to re-open the laptop but my hand quickly stopped her. “Did you even hear me? *scoffed* You were too busy chatting with some guy and didn’t even laid your eyes on me while I’m talking!”

“Bwoh? Anniya~ I heard you! And, I wasn't going around, chatting with people. I’m doing my school project!” She said in a tired manner but I didn’t believe her.

“Liar.” I bended down, turning around the laptop towards me and opened it. I was expecting some social web to appear like, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Friendster and whatnot. But she was saying the truth. She was doing her project and it looked so complicated at the first look. But since I studied and the fact that we’re in the same college, I immediately knew that she was indeed doing her Biology work.

     I grimaced when I realized that I’ve ‘accused’ and didn’t trust her, knowing that she’ll be mad at me now. I turned my head towards her and as I have expected, she was crossing her arms over her chest and look at me with that certain kind of look. Raising her eyebrow to me, she asked,

“So, Miss Oh-So-Suspecting?” 

“U-uhh… mianhe, Soojung-ah~”

     She just scoffed and took her laptop back from me. She tried to continue her work but stopped after a few seconds of typing. She stared at the screen for a moment but suddenly, she closed her laptop and faced me.

      I was standing still, not moving from my previous spot. “W-why?”

“I don’t feel like doing this anymore, thanks to you.” Krystal glared at me and I swore that stare could kill you in anytime. But not for me because I have seen stronger, greater and way-more-powerful ones. At those times, I can see my gravestone with petals of flower scattered around it. I’m not sure how can I still stand here; at this time, at this place. But I would like to thank my ability if soothing people off. I guess that thing had saved my life for many times now.

“Mianhe…” I said in the softest tone I ever had.

“Aissh… whatever.” Krystal stood up from the bed and headed to the bedroom door.

“Where are you going?”

“To have some tea. I hope mom still has them.”

”Before she managed to reach the doorknob, I quickly ran toward her and grab her hand to stop her from going any farther. “L-Let me get it for you!”

She raised her eyebrow in confuse and I explained it further. “As my apologize to you.”

I went in front of her and pushed her until she was at the end of the bed. Through the walk, I managed to say, “You should stay here and get a rest. You must be tired.” Tired than me? Nope, I don’t think so. I mean, yeah… you know. I held both of her shoulders and pushed her down to make her sit down.

“Anything else?”

“Uhm… can you get me some cookies too?”

“Of course. Is that it?”

“And a bottle of water too. I might get thirsty later and I’m too tired to get it at downstairs.” I nodded and turned around to walk out. Before I could walk any farther, she suddenly spoke. 

“And a glass, and my phone, uhm…my bag; I forgot to bring it upstairs, and a box of tissue; I’m run out of it, and my books, and-”

Oh, . She’s trying to get me back! – Taeyeon

    I ran out before she could mention other stuffs.

“…and my headphone, along with the mp3 player too!”

Rushing down, I could hear that little devil laughed her head off. Having too much fun, I see… I sighed and rested both my hands on my hip. I recalled the things she asked me to do and remembered to take a cup of tea first.

Aissh, I need a tray for these… - Taeyeon

     With that, I walked out to find Aunt Jung in case she still has the tea with her. I didn’t want to bother myself to make one since there were many other things to do.

 

 

Jessica’s POV

    After a good hour of chatting with Yoona, I decided to take my bath since it was already late in the evening. I think it was about half before six and I got nothing to do so I thought it might be good to take a bath a little bit early. I took my towel with me and leaved Yoona there. She was still playing with her tablet since the last time we had talked. I wonder what was she doing… I think it was something about running, jumping and… sliding? Tch, whatever it is, it surely did a good job to keep that girl stay silent and calm for a while or she might just fool around and disturb me with a ridiculous kind of things.

“Yoona-yah, I’m going to take bath.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ne, ne~” she held her hands up and formed an ‘ok’ sign.

 

     When I stepped out from my room, I found Krystal’s bedroom door in front of me and starred at it for a while. A name of certain girl crossed my mind and I remembered about what Yoona had told me earlier. My lips formed a curved line as the thing kept replaying in my mind.

Interested in girl are we, Kim Taeyeon?  

Ton of ideas rushed into my brain as I stepped down the stairs until I didn’t realize someone was struggling her ways up.