Chapter 23rd (full version)

Icy Flower

 

     Huffs of air came out from my lips for the ninth time as the words on Jessica’s text kept flashing on my mind. I couldn’t even concentrate in my classes and all I could catch was nothing throughout the whole session of lessons. I had tried but never succeed so eventually; I gave up, deciding that I’ll just review them at home.

 

    I leaned my back on the chair and closed my eyes. The thoughts of the latter’s texts almost gone but it completely did when the lecturer shout out my full name, sternly. That man almost made me fall backwards if I hadn’t grip the table.

 

“If you think my lectures are good enough to be your sweet lullaby, why don’t you record it and take it home with you?” he said with the sarcasms tone in his voice.

“I apologize, sir. It was unintentional.” Standing up, I bowed to him. When I looked up, I noticed the changes on her face while he told me to take my seat back.

“That better be it, young lady.”

 

     The chair creaked a little when I slumped myself back with a low grunts and sighs all along.

 

Ugh, does today has to be a bad day for me?

 

-

 

     During our recess, Yoona and Krystal had planned to have a lunch all together with a few of our friends. So, there we were. We took our seats and occupied the whole table. They were chatting with each other while I kept myself mum and just listen silently. Well, I didn’t really pay attentions to their conversations and just pretended that I was.

 

     I had some troubles though. Every time Krystal looked at me say something, I couldn’t help but think of about that blonde girl. That was when I realized; they really do look alike. Even though the hair difference was obvious, they still had the same vibes on their face.

 

Geez, this is making me crazy.

 

     I frowned. I bit my lower lip. I closed my eyes and rubbed my face with my palms. To think about it, I have to pick her up again when the school has ended.

 

     Something was bothering me throughout the time being. I had been pondering about it for quite a while and curiosity kept kicking whenever I thought about it. There was a high possibility of it but the reasons of denial were higher. It kept bugging my mind ever since that day. The way acts were shown wasn’t helping my now-confused mind either. That one question kept hitting my mind.

 

Does Jung Jessica have interest in girls?

 

     But I didn’t want to make a silly assumption and jump into conclusion without proper proof. So I had come up with a resolution- wait, no… resolutions.

 

     Here’s what I’ve thought. First things first, I could just ask her sister Yoona about it in which I thought was better. I had voiced this thing to Yoona but she said she’s not that sure.

 

-

 

“As far as I know, she was straight as a ruler. But, who knows if something ever happened back in the State?” she shrugged her shoulder and but soon raised an eyebrow at me.

“Wait, unnie, don’t tell me you have a fling on Jessica-unnie!” her eyes were wide opened and was left agape. She looked at me in horror and as if I had a pair of kitten ears on my head.

“N-no! It’s not like what you’re thinking Yoong, seriously! I just, I was curious?” smiling nervously, I tried to convince Yoona with my excuse.

“That better be it. Don’t you ever dare to, Kim Taeyeon.”

 

    Her gaze went stern and bored directly into my eyes. It was so rare to see Yoona to be like this and it scared me to no end.

 

“Oh, come one Yoong!  You know me better~ she’s not my type.”

 

     I grabbed her hand and held it with mine. I threw her a small smile and looked up with a pair of pleading eyes. Gaah, curse my short in height. But still, that didn’t change the way her eyes were looking at me except for a slight change of the color of her face and how her lips twitched here and there.

 

“Who knows? Someone’s taste could change in times. And I bet you’re the first one to do that, Kim Taeyeon.”

“Woah, why would you think of me like that? And, yaaah~ where did ‘Taeyeon-unnie’ go?”

 

    I kept whining and pouting at her while holding her hand with my own. I started to slightly sway our intertwined hands back and forth. I knew that she’ll eventually give in and stop saying nonsense things if I continue doing that for just a little bit more. Those girls had never been able to resist ‘Cutie Taeng’ whenever I’m on the act and I was really grateful of that. It gave me a lot of benefits.

 

“Okay, fine… Taeyeon-unnie. Now, let’s go. Krystal is waiting for us.”

“Now that’s better!” I chirped out and tiptoed (curse my short in height, again) to pinch her ear teasingly. But she swatted my hands away and cupped her ear protectively.

“Aissh! Unnie, I’ve told you for the umpteenth time already… stop messing with my ear!”

“Ah, why? It’s cute~” I cooed and reached for her other ear before I managed to give it a slight pinch.

“Awh! Unnie, seriously!”

 

     She had her both ear cupped while I just laughed out and grabbed her hand back into mine again. We started to make our way down the hall to the cafeteria with me dragging a whining Yoona behind me.

 

-

 

“Hey, Soojung-ah?”

“Hmm?” she turned from her food to look at me.

“Can I ask you something?” she frowned, noticing that I was talking in a hushed tone.

“Yeah, what is it?”

 

    I turned my attention back to my noodles and fiddled with them while I was trying to find the right words to say. But that was just for a brief moment before I brought my gaze up back to Krystal. She looked more confuse than before and probed me to ask that ‘something’ faster.

 

“I was wondering, if- uhm… is your-” looking around, I made sure that no one was looking at us.

“Uh, is Jess- I mean, is your sister interested in… girls?” I whispered in her ear before leaning back to my seat again. That was when I noticed that her expression was changing second by second.

“Why are y- no, don’t tell me…” she narrowed her eyes and looked at me accusingly.

*sigh* not this, again.

“N-no! I have nothing on her… believe me, I don’t.”

 

     I glanced at Yoona and unsurprisingly, she had her eyes on me too. And, she had that same gaze when we were talking in front of her class. Wait, I thought she had believed me already! Gaah, this is so troublesome… I buried my face into my palms and leaned onto the table. Today had been quite bad for me.

 

     I wanted to stay in my own little world but I felt Krystal stabbing my upper arm with her finger. Gathering up courage, I slowly lifted my head up and faced her.

 

“Trust me, Soojung-ah.”

“Then, why?”

“I just, wanted to know? I mean, I wanted to know her more. Like, we’ll be s-starting to hang out with her, right? And since she lived in the State for some times already, she must’ve familiar with the-these kind of things… haven’t she? And- and, she might just have something towards girl. I mean, maybe just a little… you know-”

 

     I kept on blabbering and the words kept coming out from my mouth while I was trying to explain myself. I knew that; convincing Krystal is way harder than I have to with Yoona and I can’t say that dealing with Yoona is any easy too.

 

“Okay, stop there. I know what you’re trying to say.”  

“You do?”

 

     I looked back and forth between Krystal and Yoona and was hoping that they really did. Because, I didn’t think that there was anything left for me to say. My eyes started to gleam in happiness when I noticed that they were slowly nodding their head.

“Yeah, I guess so.”

“Thank you!”

 

     Leaning forwards, I engulfed Krystal with my tight hug and tried to pepper her with kisses but she dodged all of them.

 

“Y-yah… unnie!” she kept backing her head away while trying push my face further. I laughed out and pinched her cheeks with both of my hands.

“You don’t have to be that happy, though.”

 

-

 

Jessica’s POV

 

     I stood in front of the college’s gate for quite long already but still, that kid hasn’t arrived yet. I kept glancing to my wrist watch constantly and the time kept increasing each time I did so. Sighs and grunts escaped my lips for a few times and I tried to kill the time by playing games on my phone. I thought I succeed in doing that but unfortunately; it had been only 4 minutes since the last time I checked my watch. Frustrated; I kicked the nearest pebble.

 

     That girl better come now before Siwon could catch up to me. I managed to escape myself from his offer to send me home and that was after so much excuses and reason that I couldn’t even remember where they came from. I just made them up and thankfully they came on the spot.

 

“Hey, Jess...”

 

Ugh, talk about luck! Where the heck is Taeyeon?!

 

     Siwon jogged up a little and approached me while waving his hand in the air. Laugh out loud please. I didn’t expect that oh-so-cool guy would wave his hand like an eight years old boy coming to his mom. I don’t know about others but he seemed to act a little bit different from when we first met. Well, more like, he acted kind of weird since the day Krystal and that Kim Taeyeon decided to spy on us and get him away from me. The scene where he waved to Taeyeon this morning flashed in my mind and that just freaked me out. Seriously, Taeyeon?

 

“Yeah, hi.” I replied bluntly and awkwardly threw him a small smile.

“You’re still here? Let me give you a ride home then.” He took out his keys, grabbed my hand and pulled me to follow him.

“U-uhm… I’m going home with my sister!” I quickly said and pulled my hand from him before forcing myself to let out a smile.

“Oh? Well, give her a call and tell her you’re going with me, okay?” He smiled and looked at me hopefully.

“No, it’s fine… really.” I took a deep breath and tried to calm down. This guy was starting to get on my nerves now and it was really frustrating.

“I’ll just- oh, here they are!” I was so freaking relieved when I saw Taeyeon’s car coming closer. When she pulled to a stop, I turned towards Siwon and bowed a little before biding him a goodbye.

 

    I got into the car and Krystal immediately spoke up; “What are you doing with him?”

 

“He offered me a ride home.” I casually said because I know Krystal will throw her tantrum against me about it again.

“Hey, Yoona.”

“Hi Unnie!” she smile widely and I just winked at her as a response.

“What? Didn’t we already warned him to stay off, Taeyeon-unnie?” Krystal turned to look at Taeyeon who was.., awkwardly waving her hand to Siwon? Krystal was bewildered by that. Her eyes went huge and left agape while she stared at Taeyeon in disbelieve.

“U-uh, what?” she cutely spun her head towards Krystal without leaving her hand still waving at Siwon.

“Yah! Unnie! What’s wrong with you?!”

“What?” she was confused. She looked like an innocent kid; not knowing her fault while Krystal was already on the verge to strangle her to death.

“Ugh! Talk later, action first. Now, can we leave?” I finally snapped because I couldn’t wait to get home and there they were, arguing about silly thing. Well, not that silly, because I; myself, was confuse too.

“Fine.” She switched the gear and stepped on the pedal, slowly driving away but still, she didn’t forget to bid Siwon once more when we passed him. Seriously, what’s wrong with them? What’s going on between them?! They just barely know each other and they were already waving each other every times they met. There was Krystal and Yoona too… heck, there was me but why must it be Taeyeon?

“Put on the seatbelt, Sica.”

 

     I snapped off from my thoughts and looked at her. She just casually said that without looking at me while she looked to right and left and back to right again, before she drove out from the T-junction.

 

Oh my God~ Sica? What was that?

 

     My cheeks warmed up and I knew how red they looked like. I looked out the window to hide my face.

 

Giving nickname now, huh? Nice~

 

    Despite my blushing face, I still managed to let out a small smile at the thought of Taeyeon giving me a nickname. Progressing, I see?

 

-

 

Yoona POV

 

     We almost pass our home and were going straight the street to send Jessica off when suddenly Sica-unnie turned around to look at us and spoke up.

 

“Yah… Yoona, Krys. Can you guys drop off here first? Taeyeon and I… have something to talk about.”

“Bwoh? We do?” Taeyeon said in a low voice and glanced at her, thrice.

“Yes, we do, Taeyeon-shi.” She looked at Taeyeon in a certain way of something; that I couldn’t comprehend, for a brief moment before turning her head back to us.

“So?”

“Yeah, sure… I’m kind of tired anyway. And you have to give some massage.” Krystal whined a little after I punched her on the arm at the end of my sentence.                                                      

 

     I spoke up after reaching an agreement with Krystal. She didn’t seem to care and just nodded her head lazily. I guess she was tired too. Soon, Taeyeon pulled up for a stop in reluctance. I caught her looking at us; with that kind of eyes she always used when she needs something, before we got off from the car. I wanted to ask her if everything is good but I was too tired for that. So I just walked off and dragged Krystal with me while hoping that Taeyeon can handle everything by herself.

 


Now, now.. where are my lovely readers? i miss u guys! <3

so here's the fll version of chapter 23rd and i hope u like it~ ^,- there's a little hint of YoonTae and KrysTae there, but i know it's not enough. :3

and yeah, i'd like to remind u guys again, please tell me your city/country becuz i need to know our time difference so i cud update on the right time.. ;)