Chapter Nine

Icy Flower

 

 

 

Jessica’s POV (finally.. yay!)

 

     This girl is Krystal’s friend? How come I didn’t know? Oh, yeah right. Krystal never said about being friend with a cutie before. No, no! By cutie… I meant to say, a kid. Yeah, a kid. How old is she by the way? 16, or maybe 17? Who knows Krystal likes to befriend with younger girl? Because she’s too cute, I guess? Of course for Krystal, not me. Duh!

 

 

     Okay, so… is she planning to remove her hands or not? Because I felt uncomfortable with her hands cupping my mouth and grabbing my wrist like this. Moreover, we were stranger to one another.

 

     I saw her expression change when my mom mentioned my name earlier. And I guess mine changed too when she called this kid by ‘Taeyeon’. Oh, so this is Taeyeon? I didn’t know she was this cute and young? Krystal only told me about her being all good and caring towards her. No further details, because I won’t care anyway.

 

      That’s it! – Jessica

 

“Get your hands off from me!” I tried to tell her but then, I didn’t think she’ll understand me. In fact, I, myself, didn’t get what I was saying too. Blame her people. How was I going to talk properly when she had her hand on my mouth?

 

“What?”

 

     Ugh! I’ve told you right? Finally, she quickly removed her hand and allowed me to say it once again. Esh! I don’t like to repeat myself… She was lucky to hear me again.

 

“I said, get your hands off from me.” I tried so hard to sound polite because my mom was there and I don’t want her to see her daughter talk like that, although she had seen enough.

 

     That kid apologized and I just shrugged it off since she looked so innocently guilty. “It’s okay.”

 

     Thus, my mom dragged us down since everything was settled down and told me to prepare for the next event. She even winked at me and I was sure that the girl saw that.

 

Oh, I got it mom~ - Jessica

 

     I don’t like to be dragged like this. But, this is my mom people. She was too excited for my meeting with my little sister later. Furthermore, it was our first meeting since 3 years ago. And so, I chose to just follow her and talk no more.

 

     While I was following my mother lazily, I can tell that the other girl was having a difficult time to catch up with my mom’s pace and ended up stumbling for a few time. Finally, my mother let her go and continued going down with me behind her and followed by Taeyeon.

 

     Suddenly, I felt light taps on my shoulder and turned to the latter.

 

“Hey, uhm… sorry for that. I’m Taeyeon.” She introduced herself and for the first time, she smiled at me sincerely.

 

     I may saw her smile before but it was an awkward smile or a nervous one. It was quite cute actually but, naah~ she can’t beat me because honestly, I think I was quite beautiful too even if I wear this kind of expression. You know, the usual one. Aah,,, you’ll get it.

 

     But, this one smile was different because I felt something through it and I can’t point it out. And it was in just a mere second so I almost miss it (the feeling). It could be the most sincere smile I ever saw from other people in my entire life. Well, excluding my family of course.

 

     But the weird feeling disappeared as fast as it came. However, being the usual myself, I just replied her nonchalantly with a straight face although I felt guilty somehow.

 

 

 

 

     Soon, we were already at downstairs and I could hear some noise from the dining room. It could be from my sister and my father and I got excited to see my younger sister again, who I didn’t meet for a long 3 years.

 

     “Jessica, they’re in the kitchen. Just, wait here until you get my signal okay? *smile in delight* Oh, and, Taeyeon-ah… let’s go. They must’ve been waiting for us now.” My mom gave the plan and I just obeyed her even though I thought that she was overdoing it.

 

     For your information, my mom had told me to stay in my room for I don’t how long and I got nothing to do there! BORING! Seriously, I can’t do even a single thing. Furthermore, she even forbids me to help her in the kitchen which I agreed to. So, that was how I met with this child-like-face girl at the washroom.

 

*sigh* I leaned on the wall while waiting for my mom’s so called ‘signal’.

 

 

Krystal’s POV

 

     Finally, after waiting for Taeyeon and my mother, they were finally here and all there’s left to do was to sit down, enjoy the dinner and wait for my surprise. Mom was having this kind of smile plastered on her face and it made me more nervous.

 

     Besides, I think Taeyeon also had something wrong with her expression and I didn’t know what it was. Sometimes, this girl is just too good at hiding her real feeling. Sometimes, it’s hard to read what is going on her mind too.

 

We all sat down, occupying the chairs and there were still three chairs left unused. 

 

     Suddenly, my mom started to clear and looked like want to say something. All of us looked at her and waited patiently although I felt kind of uneasy right now.

 

     “Actually Krystal, I have something to tell you.” She started and I got nervous from time to time. There’s no way she want me to marry someone this fast, right? Yeah, right…

 

“Ne? What is it Umma?” I tried to sound as calm as I could while waiting for the next thing.

 

“There’s someone that I would like you to meet.” My eyebrows knitted together and silently hoping that it was not like what Taeyeon said.

 

Oh no~ please, just please… not now! – Krystal

 

     “Honey, you can come out now…” she cooed and the next thing I knew is some supersonic ultra voice filled the room and came out a blond with her hair tied up in a ponytail. I knew that voice! I knew that scream! It was none other than my own sister! I immediately stood up and screamed as well, making the others flinched and covered their ears with both hands.

 

“Krystal!!”

 

“Jessica unnieee!!”

 

     I ran up to her and so did she. We stopped in front of each other and jumped continuously in our place. We both shook our hands repeatedly and looked like an athlete warming up as the feeling was so overwhelming, that I can’t stop from yelling and screaming.

 

Oh my!! My sister, the Jessica Jung is here!! I miss her so much…

 

     Before I managed to recover from the shock, another squeal was heard and it turned out to be Yoona who engulfed us in a hug. Oh, I forgot! Yoona knew Jessica unnie too since we were child. So, I expected her to be surprised as well by Jessica's sudden appearance.

 

“Unnie! When did you come back and why you didn’t tell me? Yaah~ I could’ve fetch you at the airport you know!” I started to complain about that and she just giggled in return.

 

“I just-”

 

     “Jessica-unnie!! I missed you so much! You didn’t even contact us!” Yoona cut her off before she could finish her sentence. And for that, she received a knock on her head from Jessica-unnie, of course.  

 

“Yah! Who told you to cut me off? Huh?” she nagged Yoona like a mother would do and caused Yoona to pout.

 

“Hahha! Served you right! Don’t you know how this girl is like?” I jutted out my tongue at her mockingly.

 

     “How am I like? Huh, Jung Soojung?” she (u-know-who) raised an eyebrow up and crossed her arms above her chest. Therefore, it was Yoona’s turn to smirk and raised her head for a few degree. It was like she was saying, “Who deserved ‘served you right’ now?”

 

“u-uh~ nothing? *laugh nervously*”

 

“Be honest my dear Krystal…” Yoona said in a sing-a-song way.

 

“Oh shut up you!”

 

     Before we could continue with our argue, we heard a cough and turned our heads to the direction where the sound came from.

 

     There, beside the table, stood our Kim Taeyeon with an awkward smile on her face. She bowed to Jessica-unnie and say hello to her.

 

     “Annyeonghasaeyo…”

 

     I immediately realized that I haven’t introduced her to my sister and apart from that, they haven’t met yet. Or at least, that was what I think.

 

“Oh! Mianhe Taeyeon-unnie! Unnie, this is-”

 

     “Kim Taeyeon, I know.” She said without looking at Taeyeon and that just made me confused. How did she know? Had they met before? I don’t think Jessica unnie knew how she looked like and I doubt Taeyeon knew too.

     

     I was about to ask her but her next words made me felt like my face was hot.

 

“Isn’t she the one who you always mentioned? The one who always take care of you guys?”

 

“Unnie..! Why did you say that?” I said in a hushed tone and covered before she spilled everything out.

 

“ahaha… Soojung-ah, we already met so that’s how she knew my name.” Taeyeon explained after throwing an awkward laugh.

 

“You already met??” Yoona and I asked at the same time, making us to look at each other. 

 

 

 

 

~ to be continued ~

 


 

 

 

finally, they're offcicially know each other now!!

^^,  

p/s : dear readers,,, i hope you'll be patient with my late updates~ U_U
 i don't even know why i always update this story a little bit late than usual~