Getting closer

Icy Flower

 

 

 

 

Yoona’s POV

 

Aishh! Chincha! How could they do this to me??!

 

     I just finished tiding up the room and was grumbling to myself while taking my bath. When I woke up this morning, I can’t find Taeyeon beside me and I thought she woke early. But when I went downstairs, I didn’t seem to find anybody in the house except for Mr. and Ms. Jung. I found out that all the other girls already left to somewhere, WITHOUT me. They seriously left me alone here!

 

     After joining Krystal’s parent for breakfast and help her mom with the dishes, I quickly went upstairs and tried to call the others. Unfortunately, they didn’t even pick up my call… so I decided to take a bath and maybe, to join them later.

 

    Only then, I remembered Krystal barged into our room and was having some talks with Taeyeon. Naah, I obviously didn’t care about that and continued with my sleep. So, they were planning to go out? Man, stupid me for not waking up even after hearing all their fuss.

 

     I stepped out from the bathroom and put my clothes on. I checked my phone and still, there wasn't any call from them. Are they ignoring me?! Seriously, I’d kill those two. This will be the last fricking time I’ll call them. If they’re not picking up, they’re going to get it from me.

 

     Scrolling down my phone, I searched for Taeyeon's number and dialed her right after. I silently hope she’ll pick up this time. Luckily, she picked up after the second ring and I took a deep breath.

“Yeobosaeyo? Yoona-yah! Can you-”

“Yah! Kim Taeyeon! Where are you now?! And where’s Krystal?? How can you two leave me without leaving any message?! Are you kidding me? You guys just left me while I was sleeping!! Where are you? Tell me now!”

     I let all my anger out in one breath and it definitely surprised the girl on the other line. And I didn't even addressed her as 'Unnie'.

“Whoa! Cool down there… we-”

“You tell me to calm down? *chuckle* Oh yeah, I will, unnie!”

“N-no~ uhm, uh… you see-”

“Tell me now, where are you?”

      I didn’t want to waste any time hearing her explaining everything on the phone and just wait here. I better get going now and let her continue to explain while I’m on way there.

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

     “Thank you~ Please come again!” the cashier bow and so do we. I smiled at her while Jessica already walked away. I decided to turn around as Jessica was about to step out from the shop. But the cashier suddenly called me.

 

“Excuse me… miss? Err… would you like to have a member card? We offer more discount to our member card holder.” She still had the smile and was holding a piece of card.

“Ahm, I don’t think I’ll need it. Thank you.” I smiled and bowed politely before she stopped me once again.

“Here is my phone number. Please do call us in case you change your mind.”

 

     She was writing down her phone number on a piece of paper and handed it to me. Once again, she smiled and I just took it hesitantly.

 

“Uhh, yeah. Sure.” Not wanting to continue our talk, I quickly leave the place and found Jessica who was waiting outside the shop.

 

“What’s taking you so long?” she crossed her arm over her chest and show me an annoying face.

“That girl offer me to sign up for membership.” I replied nonchalantly and held up the paper.

“Tch! She obviously trying to hit on you. So,,, did you?”

“No. Why would I?” when I crumpled the paper and was about to throw it into the trash bin nearby, she suddenly stopped me by grabbing my wrist.

“Hey, don’t throw that away. Give me if you don’t want it.” She took the piece of paper from me and put it in her pocket.

 

 

“Now, now, where are we going?” I looked around and tried to find something interesting.

“Eat” she walked away with empty-handed and focused on her phone.

“Yah! You forgot your things!” I picked them up and caught up with her. I tried to give all her things but she just simply said, “carry them for me” and fasten up her speed towards some restaurant.

“Whoa… stop it right there. Why me??”

 

“You’re supposed to replace Siwon remember? He carried all the things before you; my oh-so-called-daughter just claimed that I am your young mother and shoo him away.” She didn’t forget to turn around and throw that deadly glare to me before she continued her walk.

 

     Suddenly, my phone rang. I knew Yoona was trying to reach me. I carry all the things with my left hand and fished out my phone in the pocket with my right hand.

 

“Yeah, Yoona?” I listen to her as I followed Jessica from behind and soon, beside her.

     

     “Uhm, we are going to…” not knowing where were we heading to, I tilted my head towards Jessica and raised my eyebrows. She pointed to something and I followed her direction of pointer just to realize that we’ll fill up ourselves at McDonalds.

 

“We are going to McDonalds. We’ll be waiting for you there.”

“Okay..” I hung up and put my phone back into my pocket.

 After finally found some vacant seats, I put the things down and Jessica went to buy her meals.

“Hey, pay your own meals.” She simply said and I just agreed.

 

     Settling down with our foods and drink, we started to eat in silent. It was quite awkward since we’re not that close yet and the facts that we always had an argument. I don’t even know why, but this girl seems like to pick a fight with me. If only she was sweet, I think she’ll be a perfect girlfriend for anybody. But come to think about it, she was fine with Siwon earlier right? So, why does she treat me like this? What exactly did I do wrong?

 

Feeling burdened with all those things, I took a deep breath and heaved, trying to relax and just enjoy my meals.

 

“Hey.”

 

     Did I hear someone talked? There’s no way this blonde would talk to me so I turned my head to the left and right. I just shrugged and thought, “Maybe those people who sit beside us.”

 

“Yah!” That Jessica girl suddenly shouted and caused me to jump a bit.

“What?? You don’t have to yell you know…” esh! What’s wrong this girl?

 

     “I called you earlier with so much gentleness but you just looked around and pretend that you don’t know where that came from since you are all alone here.” She stated with sarcasm and rolled her eyes.

“Oh.” I smiled sheepishly because of embarrassment. “So, why did you call me?”

     Her expression changed immediately and softened a bit.

     “Well... just want to say I’m sorry. You know, about yesterday.” She said and looked away while saying the second sentence. I was taken back at first because I never expect this cold girl would apologies. Even though she didn’t make eye contact, I think she’s sincere enough.

     

     “Oh. Because of that? It’s okay. Though it hurts a lot…” I mumble the last one to myself. But I guess she heard it because there was not much distance between us and she moved her gaze back on me.

 

“Are you okay?” although she didn’t seem that concerned, but at least she still asked me.

“Yeah, I’m fine now.” I’ve just finished my meals so I wiped my hands along with my mouth. I saw her nodded and continued with her burger.

 

     I got nothing to do so I just unconsciously looked at her. But she suddenly looked up and that definitely startled me. I'd like to blame this pair of eyes of mine for laying their gaze on the wrong place at the wrong time. Out of all things, why her? As if she's the most interesting thing in the world right now. As a reflex, I quickly looked away and focused on my drink.

 

“What?”

“Nothing.” I replied without looking and I heard she said after chuckling,

“Okay, I know I’m gorgeous but staring is rude.”

 

“I didn’t stared at you, gorgeous.” I finally looked up and my gaze automatically focused on some ketchup at the corner of her lips. Well, more like on her right chin.

 

“Oh, sure you didn’t, kid.”

“Whatever. Hey, you got some ketchup on your face.” I pointed my finger nonchalantly at her face.

“Where?”

“Near your lips.”

“Here?” she tried to wipe it but she did it on the wrong place. In fact, it was so much further.

“On the right one.” At that time, my phone rang and I took it out without leaving my gaze on the other girl.

“Which right? Yours, mine?”

 

     She moved her hand away and left it hanging in the air. I think she was started to feel annoyed due to the frown on her face.

“Aissh… let me.”

     I pressed the answer button after saying that. I heard Yoona’s voice on the other line as she greeted me. While talking with Yoona on the phone, I reached to the front, moving Jessica’s hand away and helped her to wipe that little stain on her chin.  I leaned back and continued my conversation with Deer Yoona.

 

     “We’ve finished. But we haven’t left yet. Just come here. Ohh, okay. We’ll stay if you want to grab some food here.” I hung up the phone and looked around.

 

     “There she is.” I spotted Yoona coming nearer to us and I waved at her. I thought she’ll sit down with us, but she directly went to the counter and ordered some food. Tch! Typical shikshin Yoona. She was lucky that there were no people lining up here.

 

     I shook my head to left and right before looking back at the girl in front of me. I noticed that she was looking down. Maybe was playing with her phone.

 

“Hey, where are we going next?”

“I-I don’t know.” She replied without looking up.

 

She doesn’t know? Isn’t she the one who dragged me here?- Taeyeon  

     

     I raised one of my eyebrows and asked her,
“Yah, you lead this walk and you don’t know where to go?” she kept quiet for a while but soon, she finally looked up and replied me.

 

“Let’s just ask Yoona. I got nothing to buy anymore.”

"Ok then." and we fell into silence after that.

.

.

.

 

 

Jessica’s POV

 

      And what was that?! Me, the Jung Jessica just stuttered??

 

 


 Jessica's further POV in next chapter! stay tune~ ^^,

<3 <3 <3