Chapter 15 – Don’t you trust me?

Boyfriend For Hire: Let me love you... (Discontinued)

Sungye-

 

When Han Kyung called me and told me Leeteuk was hurt I ran like there’s no tomorrow to his apartment. When I arrived there I saw Leeteuk lying down on the couch with Juna holding an ice bag on his face. I rushed to his side and when he saw me he frowned.

 

“You told Sungye?” Leeteuk asked Juna.

“I didn’t want her to be worried.” Juna replied.

“Leeteuk… what happened?” I asked him with a worried expression.

 

Leeteuk was hurt pretty badly and my heart ached seeing his face with bruises and cuts. Leeteuk didn’t say anything and looked away from me. I took his hand and made him look at me.

 

“He won’t tell us what’s wrong. Maybe you can convince him?” Han Kyung said appearing from the kitchen with a plate of his famous Beijing Fried Rice.

 

I looked at Leeteuk again, this time I didn’t allow him to look away.

 

“Who did this to you?” I asked him softly.

“It’s nothing. I’m fine.”

“No… you’re not.”

“I said I’m fine Sungye!” Leeteuk said his voice rising.

 

I was surprised to hear Leeteuk’s voice rise like that. He has never raised his voice at me for a long time.

 

What’s wrong Leeteuk?

Please tell me…

 

“Mianhe… I just have a lot on my mind.” Leeteuk added.

“Why were those guys beating you up?” Han Kyung asked him determined to know what was going on with Leeteuk.

“They’re… they’re my problem. I can handle them on my own. So, please don’t interfere.” Leeteuk said.

 

Leeteuk got up from the couch and started to put on his shoes.

 

“What are you doing? You should lie down. You’re still hurt.” I said to him.

“I want to be alone. Don’t follow me.” Leeteuk said getting up and walking out the door.

 

I sat on the couch and buried my face in my hands.

 

“Why is he like this? I don’t understand. Why won’t he let us help him?” I asked out loud.

“Leeteuk’s been like that ever since the accident. Maybe he doesn’t want for us to worry about him.” Juna said.

“But him hiding his pain is worrying is even more. I thought… since we’re together now… he’ll be back to the same Leeteuk we knew. But… he’s still distant.” I said to Juna worriedly.

“Give him time. He’ll tell us what’s wrong, right Han Kyung? Han Kyung? Han Kyung? Where did he go?” Juna said looking around.

 

I really don’t get it.

He loves me right?

Then Leeteuk should open his heart to me.

But he’s not... at least not whole-heartedly.

Leeteuk…

Can’t you let me in?

 

Han Kyung-

 

Even though Leeteuk said not to follow him, I followed him nonetheless. I was determined to find out who those guys were and why were they beating him up. I followed Leeteuk to the park. He seemed to be talking to someone on the phone. He waited while sitting on one of the park’s benches. A few moments later, I saw the guys that were beating him up appear. They started to talk with Leeteuk. Finally after talking they gave Leeteuk a piece of paper.

 

I waited until they started to leave before approaching Leeteuk.

 

“We knew you would change your mind. We’ll be waiting outside your house tonight at 10. Don’t be late.” I heard one of the guys say before turning to leave.

 

Leeteuk stared at them angrily before crumpling the piece of paper in his hands.

 

Just what exactly is going on?

 

“I have no choice.” I said out loud before turning to leave.

 

I guess I’ll just have to wait for the answer tonight.

_____________________________________

Hi! Guys! I apologize for not updating for a long time and giving you this short update. I had deep writer's block and it was driving me crazy. Anyways... I'll really try my best to update again. Wish me luck!