Chapter 13 - Blood Relations

Boyfriend For Hire: Let me love you... (Discontinued)

Kyuhyun-

When classes was over Henry and I went home together with Minye(L). Minye (L) and I held hands while walking and once in a while I saw Henry stare at us silently. I began to feel conscious so I let go of Minye(L)'s hand and started to walk casually beside her.

"Kyuhyun... you don't have to feel shy. Just pretend i'm not here and act like yourself. Geez... you're turning red." Henry said rolling his eyes.

He walked ahead of us and Minye(L) took my hand in hers again.

"You heard him." Minye(L) said with a soft laugh.

I scratched my head and smiled.

"I missed that." She said looking up to me.

"Missed what?" I asked her.

"Your smile. You haven't been doing that lately. I'm glad Henry's here. He seemed to have brought you back to life." Minye(L) said to me.

"Mianhe.... I've got a lot in my mind... with school and everything else." I said to her.

"I have a lot in my mind too but that doesn't mean I can't smile once in a while. Look at Henry... he seems to smile a lot." Minye (L) pointed out.

I smiled again at her. This time my smile was forced. I started to feel uneasy as I remembered what made Henry pack his bags and leave the family, five years ago. Until now, Kyuhyun and Hnery never talked about what happened. Whenever Kyuhyun would ask him, he would only smile and tell him not to worry.

How can I not worry?

I admit that what my parents did 5 years ago to him was unacceptable. Henry deserved the truth and when he asked for it he got yelled at and he left. I barely knew the truth myself.

It's true that Henry and I are brothers but we're not blood related. When I was 3 years old, my father was assigned to China as a consulate. He stayed there for two years and when he came back he had Henry with him who was only a year old.

My father had an affair and fell in love with Henry's mother. The two of them were both married to another. To avoid any scandals my father told everyone else except me and my mother that Henry was a son of a friend. Henry didn't know the truth until 5 years ago.

He left to find the truth for himself. He went back to China and looked for his mother. The reason why he came back was unclear to me.

Why did he come back?

Wasn't he happy in China?

I stared at Henry and gave a deep sigh.

Soon... I'll know the answer soon...

Henry and I aren't blood related...

But what we had... have...

Is stronger than blood.