Venus II

Reminiscence

12.15.2012

7:03 AM

Third Person POV

 

As the sun came into being, its rays of light dawned upon the sleeping figures of Hongki, Jaejin, Minhwan, and Seunghyun. By virtue of a series of complicated mishaps, they all some how ended up in Jaejin’s home. Hongki was sleeping on the sofa, while Jaejin was curled up on the recliner. Meanwhile both Seunghyun and Minhwan occupied the loveseat. The beams of light gently flashed on Jaejin’s face, immediately waking him up and as soon as he did, he was greeted that familiar throbbing in his head. Irritated and in pain, Jaejin let out a long groan, which in turn only served to awake Seunghyun.

 

“Mnnnnnnnnggggghhhhh hyuuuuuung you’re so loud in the morning…”

 

Jaejin lazily fixed his gaze upon his junior.

 

“I think I have a hangover.”

 

Seunghyun returned the gaze, slightly smiling.

 

“You mean you do hyung. It’s virtually unheard of for somebody to drink like you did and not have a hangover. I don’t even think its remotely possible.”

 

Jaejin began to clumsily get up from his recliner, albeit clumsily, and began to make his way towards the kitchen. However, his journey was to the kitchen was cut short.

 

“Whatever Seunghyun. Whattaya wanna eat for breakfast?”

“Aish hyung sit down. Cooking is the last thing you should be trying to do with a hangover like that.”

“And you’re better off? I’m pretty sure your gonna have a hard time just like me getting up if not harder.”

 

Smiling teasingly at Jaejin, Seunghyun got right up  and walked over to the kitchen.

 

“Well unlike you hyung, I know the definition behind the word moderation.”

“Brat.”

“You know you love me. Anyways whattaya want for breakfast?”

“I don’t know. Definitely not something heavy…How ‘bout an omelet? I think I have some veggies in the fridge…”

 

For a minute there, Jaejin could swear that Seunghyun looked more distraught then anything. Concerned, he clumsily made his way to Seunghyun, placing his hand on Seunghyun’s back, gently patting him.

 

“Seunghyun,…”

 

Slowly Seunghyun turned his head towards Jaejin, his eyes laced with concern and worry.

 

“Um hyung…I don’t know how to cook an omelet.”

 

(-__-) *Jaejin’s facial expression*

 

“…That was it? You acted like that just because you don't know how to cook an omelet?”

 

Seunghyun began to laugh.

 

“Ahahaha. What did you think it was about hyung?”

 

At that moment, all Jaejin wanted to do was to give his junior a proper smacking, but given his condition, he knew the effort would cause him more trouble so he decided to let it slide. Sighing, he began to clumsily walk back to his recliner.

 

“Idiot. I thought something happened with your sad face and all…anyways, what do you know how to cook then?”

 

Seungyun thought seriously for a minute there, his eyebrows narrowing as if he were pondering some metaphysical theory.

 

“Um…Ramen?”

 

Smiling at his junior, Jaejin lazily agreed.

 

“Ramen it is then.”

 

After a period of fifteen minutes or so, both Jaejin and Seunghyun were happily eating breakfast. This moment of tranquility was short lived, however, as a groggy Hongki and Minhwan woke up. Smelling food, Hongki immediately turned a sharp gaze to Seunghyun.

 

“Whatcha eatin there?”

“Just ramen.”

“Aish Seunghyun! You know I’m dieting and your gonna cook ramen in front of me! Are you trying to kill me?!”

 

Still slurping up his noodles, Seunghyun replied nonchalantly -

 

“Oh stop overreacting hyung. Besides after all the finger foods you ate yesterday, I’m surprised you still consider yourself to be dieting.”

 

Hongki pouted before getting up and walking over to the refrigerator, only to emerge with yogurt.

 

“Well I still am.”

“Suit yourself.”

 

Minhwan, on the other hand, was still rubbing his eyes lazily. He was tired and there was absolutely no way in hell that he was gonna jump in between a moody Hongki and a sharp tongued Seunghyun. Sighing, he walked over to the kitchen and fixed himself up a bowl.

 

As they all continued on breakfast, Hongki shyly looked over to Jaejin, staring at him for a while, which in turn only made Jaejin feel awkward.

 

“Um hyung…is there something on my face?”

 

Surprised, Hongki started to blush.

 

“Um no. I just – um – yeah it was nothing.”

 

Now all three of them were staring at Hongki, somewhat surprised by his awkwardness.

 

“Why are you guys looking at me like that?”

 

To this Seunghyun flatly replied.

 

“We’re only looking at you because you’re acting weird hyung.”

“I’m just – um I’m just tired that’s all.”

 

Hongki then shifted his attention to Jaejin.

 

“Anyways, what’re you doing the next couple of days Jinnie? Are you gonna be working?”

“Actually I’m not really sure. I think I’m off from work  until the 19th hyung.”

 

A smile found its way to Hongki’s face before he triumphantly, albeit somewhat awkwardly announced -

 

“Then let’s go camping! I already talked to Seunghyun and Minhwan about it yesterday and they’re fine with it!”

“Camping?”

 

Beaming with a smile, Honkgi replied -

 

“Yeah camping! C-A-M-P-I-N-G. It’ll be a nice vacation for all of us and also a nice way to celebrate your birthday too.”

“You remembered?”

“Yah! What do you take me for Jinnie? Of course I remembered! You’re my most precious dongsaeng, unlike those two over there.”

 

Seunghyun and Minhwan pouted. Jaejin on the other hand couldn’t help but blush as his heart skipped a beat. Hongki had actually remembered his birthday after all this time and the fact that he was willing to plan an entire camping trip for him only added onto the fluttering factor. He looked over to Hongki whose face by now was plastered with happiness, like a kid who just received the greatest Christmas present in the world. Smiling he replied –

 

“I’d love to go hyung.”

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A little bit of shamless advertising but oh well X) - I started a new jongki fic called Novalis. Please feel free to go check it out! Thanks! You guys are the best!