Reminisce

Reminiscence

 

11.5.2012

Hongki’s POV

The cold November wind caresses my face as I continue walking. The dim street lights somewhat provide for light as I continue to walk, reminiscing about you. We used to walk this path together every day but now it is only walked by one person. How long has it been? How much longer does it have to be? I see someone walking towards me. From a distance it looks like you - the built frame, the long hair, and the confident stride – it looks so much like you. Your doppelganger draws closer and I stand frozen. The closer he comes, the more it seems to be you. But that’s impossible. We were separated, never to be allowed to see each other again. Why then why? Why does fate send someone like this to me? As I stand there lost in my thoughts, the figure stops and we make eye contact. It’s not you – it was merely someone that looked like you. Tears begin to fall and stain my pale complexion as my deepest memories begin to fade into existence.

 

 “……..Jonghun”

 

I reach my destination. I walk up the steps and open the door.

 

“Hyung…”

“I’m fine Jin. Why are you still awake? You should be sleeping.”

“I was worried.”

“About what?”

“About you hyung.”

“I told you I’m fine Jin.”

“Hyung….if it’s about that day th –“

“Please stop Jin. I told you I’m fine and that’s that. Go to bed.”

 

Silence. Slowly he begins to turn around and walk away to his room.

 

“Good night hyung. If you need anything don’t be afraid to ask.”

 

I turn around and walk towards my room. There’s a paper on the floor. From the looks of it, it looks like an old photograph. I reach down and pick it up. The pictures faded but I’m able to recognize it. Tears begin to form. It’s a picture of us. It’s been three years since that day – three years since I’ve let you go and yet why can’t I forget you. I gently place it on my desk and walk myself to bed. More than anything I want to see you. I want to see you again but I know it’s impossible. I cry myself to sleep.

 

11.6.2012

Jaejin’s POV

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.

Damn it. It’s already time. I shut off the alarm and drag myself off of bed. As I begin to ready myself for work, I walk by Hongki’s room to check on him. I’m really worried for him. It’s been three years since it happened and he’s still unable to let go. He looks cold and lost – like a little boy who doesn’t know what to do. Gently I take a blanket and place it on top of him.

 

“Jin?”

“Shhhhhhhh hyung go back to sleep.”

“Are you going to work?”

“Yeah. Go back to sleep hyung. Go back to sleep.”

 

With that he drifts off into sleep. As I was about to turn around, something caught my eye. What was that on his arm? I walk over and take a closer look at it only to discover that it’s a cut mark. From the looks of it – it’s no more than two days old. Scared I check his other arm only to find more scars. Tears begin to fall. I slowly reach for my phone and dial a number.

 

“Hello?”

“Seunghyun. It’s me Jaejin.”

“Oh Jinnie hyung. How are you? How’s Hongki hyung?”

“Listen Seunghyun I need to tell you something. It’s about Hongki. Meet me outside my apartment. I’ll be waiting.”

“I’ll be there in 5.”

 

We hang up. I look over to Hongki again. I’m sorry Hyung. I’m so sorry.