c h a p t e r 8

Please, marry me❣ ||HIATUS||

I sat down on my seat with a sigh. After coming to work this morning in style ('cause, you know, I came in my boss' chick-magnet car), I haven't done anything that was the least bit interesting. He hasn't asked me to do a thing for him. I just sat on my desk the whole morning playing on the computer. Booooring.

 

A couple of girls in thick clown make-up and tiny skirts that was designed to give the entire population of men a good view of their underwear were walking pass me. They were whispering while glancing at me sideways. It's too obvious, dumb es. Managing director Kris Wu publicly announced on national television that he was going to marry his secretary of five years, Amber Liu. Yeah, well, I guess the fact that this rumour isn't a rumour was the reason that it was even more talked-about than the last rumour about Mr Wu and Miss Kwon, since that one wasn't really confirmed. Amber Liu does not simply sit back and let you talk behind her back in front of her, however since it's quite understandable, I let them pass with their heads on.

 

The telephone started ringing. Yay, something to do! I answered it. "Yes, boss!" I said eagerly in my professional voice. "Come in for a sec," he said. Ha! He finally realises I'm needed. I got up immediately and entered his office after a knock. I got a visual shock. The oh-so handsome Kris Wu was sitting on his desk at the end of the room, his eyebrows on a tight knit in concentration. He looked busy and even more tired than usual and it's only the start of the day. I could tell by the way his tie was loosely hanging around his neck. He had bed hair and my face went completely hot when I realised it was the same way his hair fell when I woke up next to him that morning. Appropriate thoughts, Amber Liu. Appropriate thoughts. He immediately stopped what he was doing when he saw me and looked up with that usual, tired-looking, pretty smile of his that I swear will be the end of me.

 

"Hey, how's my baby doing?" "You're baby's fine," I said, rubbing my tummy. "I meant you," Uhm, okay? "Ew, you're so cheesy!" I shivered, but actually my heart was all like dugeun dugeun that time. Kris shook his head and laughed in surrender. "You're hungry, right? What do you want for lunch?" Legasps. "It's seriously lunch time?" My eyes widened. Without thinking, I was already using my Amber-Liu-at-home-comfortable-badass tone on him. "Yup," he nodded. "That means I've been sitting in my desk playing on the computer for four hours," I stated.  He blinked at me. "You just paid me $104 to  build a castle on MineCraft."

 

"So, you want Thai food?" He's ignoring me again. Oh my God. "I want to work, Kris. I'm bored," I whined. "Why aren't you ordering me around?" "Well, there's not much work to be done," Liar. "I can so tell you're lying," I mumbled. "I'm not," he insisted, obviously still lying. "'Yes, Amber, I'm tired. I need you.' Can't you just say that? OMG," I said. "Erm, no. Besides, it's nothing compared to carrying a life around inside you."

 

Oh, I get it. My heart skipped a beat. Aaaaand the truth comes out. He's not ordering me around because he doesn't want me to get tired. He's worrying about me and the baby. I let out a frustrated sigh. Well, if I can't stop him, I gotta help him. I walked over to the side to get him a glass of distilled water and some multi vitamins from the top drawer. Ergh, I can't believe I'm gonna have to spend the rest of my life looking after a stubborn workaholic. Thank God I got a lot of practice from the last five years though. Heh. I placed them on his desk. He looked up at me with his pretty eyes. Flipping flip. Why does he have such long lashes? Kris Wu, I want your lashes. Hand them oveeer----- "Drink,” I mumbled, looking away. My face felt really hot. He smiled before doing what he was told like a good little boy.

 

 

"Actually, now that I think about it, there is something I need you to do," he spoke, once he's finished. "We have some really important clients who are looking for a house around the area. Dad told me to take care of it personally. They're like VVIP or something," He shrugged. He handed me a white folder. I started to skim through it. "A place to start a family," I read out loud. "A BIG family," Kris said, matter-of-factly. Well, okay. Huh, no wonder he needs my opinion. A guy who lived as a single and ready-to-mingle bachelor like Kris Wu for the last 26 years of his life wouldn't possibly understand the needs of a budding family. "I found a place already but I want your opinion." His hair is really messy. It's distracting. Cute, but distracting. "Okay, boss..." I muttered. I didn't realise that my body already automatically walked over to his side behind the desk. The next thing I knew, my fingers were already brushing and fixing his blonde mess of hair. Kris' eyes bulged. Haha, cute. I couldn't help but give him a smile and a pinch on the cheek. "I know, what would you do without me, right?" I laughed victoriously. Nyahaha. "I'd be hopeless and life would have no meaning," he nodded and put his arms around my waist and squeezed me firmly, not too tight, since I'm carrying baby after all. It was my eyes' turn to bulge this time. I never knew he was one for PDAs, a.k.a Public Displays of Affection. I didn't care that the few employees walking pass stopped 'discreetly' when they saw our lovey-dovey moment through the glass walls. Kris Wu hugged me, so merong and it up.

 

 

 

"O-M-to the-G" It came out as a whisper. Kris closed the car door behind me. I think I saw him smile proudly at the corner of my eye, but I didn't mind much. I was too captivated by the structure before me. White fence and green grass surrounded the already impressive-looking, three-storeyed, white house. "Okay, these people have to be crazy not to fall for all...this," I waved my hand at the whole thing. "I know I have great taste. Look inside first. I wanna make sure everything's perfect for them," He placed a hand behind my back and lead me through the fence and into the house and I kinda just...gaped like an idiot. Hehe.

 

 

 

 

"Hey," I turned around with a smile. I'd recognised that voice anywhere. Besides, we were the only ones there so... "Sup," I said, before looking back out over the balcony to take in the view in front of me. I've fallen. I've completely fallen for this whole house. As soon as I felt his footsteps get really close to me, I felt a pair of arms immediately snake around my somewhat getting-wider waist. He's holding me in his arms like he wasn't about to let go, which made me smile. "So, two lounge areas, a kitchen, two bathrooms, two toilets, and five bedrooms besides the master bedroom, right?" I did my best secretary thing or else I'd probably turn into mush. He stifled a laugh. What's wrong with what I said? We came for work, after all. He is so weird. "Psh, what the heck? Why is it so big? I thought you said they don't even have a child yet," "Just planning ahead, dear. They want kids. Lots and lots of kids," he grinned. I snorted. "And the whole house is baby-safe too. Good job, boss," I patted his arm. Men with such sense are rare. "Well, duh, I had to think about the baby. Soojung said you always wanted to have a big backyard for space to run around in, and a pretty white fence. Oh! And a balcony overlooking the whole city 'cause you like the cold air at night. I wanna install some hoops at the back too so we can teach the kids how to play basketball and-----"

 

 

"Wait wait wait, hold up," I shook his arms off and turned around to look at his perfect face better. Breathe, Amber. Breathe. "Uhm...what?" Okay, I sound like a certified moron. He smiled. "Do you like it? Our new home?"

 

 

 

 

 

"I...I-I..."

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Word count 1,425

 

(A/N) What will Amber say?

Hmm...