c h a p t e r 1 3

Please, marry me❣ ||HIATUS||

 

"What would you like for lunch, Mr Wu?"
I bit my lip, clicking away all the random windows I didn't need on the computer. "I can't eat," I replied, glancing up. She gave me a confused look and I smiled. "The wifey said so," I explained. Secretary Choi laughed like she knew exactly what I was on about. "Well, alright then, sir," she nodded, amused.
 
 
 
"Kris!"
 
My everything just stormed in, looking completely worked up while holding a pink lunchbox with a ribbon on it. "A-Amber?" "You hired someone to replace me?!" Damn, I am stuffed. "Ah, you must be Miss Liu! Hello, my name is Choi Sooyoung, Mr Wu's secretary," She bowed deeply with a smile, and that's when I regretted not telling her to not advertise that I have just hired her to basically put my fiancée out of work. I opened my mouth but no words were coming out. Why were no words coming out?!
 
"Hello, nice to meet you!" Amber practically screamed at her. "You're so pretty..." she sniffed, tears welling up under her eyes as she stared at Secretary Choi's face. My new secretary laughed hesitantly, not knowing how to react to that. Amber turned and looked at me like a six-year-old who got her Barbie doll taken and immediately felt like the world's biggest meanie. She ran away, and it was in my instinct to follow her.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Amber?" I peeked my head cautiously at the rooftop door. There she is. Amber was sitting on the ground dangerously close to the rooftop edge with her arms around her legs and her head bowed down. The pink lunchbox was beside her. 'If you come crying to me again, just know that I will slap a big, fat 'I told you so' right at your face and kick you off my porch.' Tao's stupid voice which is ringing in my head at this very moment, please go away. You are not welcome in my brain. I exhaled and started walking towards her.
 
 
"Babe? I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you or replace you or anything like that. She's a co-secretary. She just helps around when she can. You're carrying our baby and I don't want you getting overworked." I sighed heavily, sitting next to her and putting my arm around her shoulders, hugging her tiny frame.
 
My mouth dropped open. "O-okay, if you hate sharing your job that much then I'll fire her or-----or something, just...please stop crying. You're hurting me." I didn't even think. I just...spoke. As soon as I saw Amber's red cheeks and tear-stained eyes when she pulled away slightly and looked up at me, I felt this unfamiliar hurting, like something was twisting in the bottom of my stomach, and I didn't like it very much, so it felt like I could do anything just so she'd stop crying.
 
 
 
I held her hands. She sniffed. "Do you know how hard it is to get a job these days, you jerkhole?" Okay, I'm at loss. "Well then what do you want me to do?" "I just...I don't know why I did that either!" She started sobbing again. She looked so much like a little kid that I almost felt like bribing her with ice cream so that I didn't have to see her so sad. "I don't even know why I'm crying. I'm not even that sad about it!" And the waterfalls started again. This time, I felt like laughing a bit. How cute. "Baby, it's alright. Let it all out," I hugged her close and started rubbing her back. "You...you don't think I've gone mentally retarded, right?" she sniffed. "Babe, if you weren't acting this way, I'd have thought you HAVE gone mentally retarded," I smiled, wiping her tears away. "What?" she asked, looking so innocent. "This is totally normal. My fiancée is two months pregnant. Of course I've done my research," I said, matter-of-factly. "Pft, you don't have to be so smug about it," she muttered under her breath, looking away. I chuckled, hugging her. Hormones can be a .
 
 
"Look; how about we eat that lunch you made-----" "No! I made it JUST for you so you have to eat it all. You can't share it with anyone, okay?" I laughed. "It's the first lunch my soon-to-be wife made me. It's wrong to share it with anyone." I nodded, amused. Amber pouted, but she didn't say anything further. "Okay, after I eat this, I'll go back to work, give you my credit card and you can use it until it runs out so you're not bored at home," She tried to glare at me to death for that but I thought she just looked cute.
 
 
"What are you death glaring at me for?" It always worked for Tao and his girlfriends. I scratched the side of my head, completely at lost. "Your card never runs out." Oops, she caught that. "I'm not like your other girls, Kris. I earn and spend my own money and that is not about to change just 'cause I'm marrying you." I shut up. Amber really felt that strongly about it? I had no idea... "I really don't like the idea of a co-secretary because it feels like I'm not competent enough to do my job by myself, but I guess Sooyoung looks nice and I want my means of livelihood back too," she said. Lesighs. "Amber, I didn't hire her to put you out of work. Why would I when I'm always missing you every second of the day? Of course I want you as near to me as possible." "Just like now?" "Nearer," I said, hugging her tighter, closer. I watched Amber's cheeks go red. "I just..." I paused to heave a heavy sigh. "Why is it that when I try to do something for you, we always end up like this? Ergh." Amber's pretty eyes widened, and she gave me the 'Whoazes! Didn't see that one coming' look. "I didn't want you to overwork yourself. My Amber is pregnant for another seven months and I want her to be stress-free. That's all."
 
Amber played with the hem of her shirt and stayed quiet for a while. "I'm sorry," she finally said. "You're always doing things for us and I...I'm so useless!" Oh no. She's crying again. "Honey, that's not true, okay?" I hushed her, rubbing the sides of her arms. "I'll take you home, okay?" She nodded like a good little girl and I smiled to myself, looking forward to the next seven months and beyond to come with this tiny lady next to me.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Go play with Tao. I'm cooking dinner," I said, chin up with pride. I know; I'm a pretty awesome wife. If I was in kindergarten, I would've gotten a sticker from my teacher by now. "Wow, you're really taking this 'good wife' thing seriously," he smirked. "Better recognise," I retorted, glowing with swag. He laughed for a bit like I was the cutest rabbit he's ever laid his eyes on. "Can't I just help?" "Uhm, no. My pride as a wife is hurt enough already as it is and I have to restore it. Go away." Kris pouted and I entered the house before I could burst out laughing.
 
-----
 
Hah, cute. I shook my head, amused as I made my way down the porch. The Kris Wu is getting kicked out for the first time in his life and of course, Amber Liu's the only one who has the capacity to do so.
 
My phone started going off. "Yes, Panda?" I almost whistled when I answered. I was in too good of a mood. "Ge, get noonjie out of the house right now. I'm already on my way-----"
 
 
 
 
 
 
"AAAAAACK!"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Oh my God. I turned towards our house and dropped my phone.
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Amber!"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Word count    1,309

 

(A/N) OMG HOLD YOUR HORSES WHAT HAPPENED TO AMBER?!

/starts panicking like cray-cray/

Who's excited for EXO's comeback that only took them 13 months?! :D

TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT! :D

Our story went something like this:

tumblr_mkpe1pywGg1ri07ueo1_500.gif

Sad life. /le sobs/