c h a p t e r 9

Please, marry me❣ ||HIATUS||

"I...I-I..."

 

I can't think. Arrrgh. My mind went completely flat. When I saw him smirk at my reaction, my hand kinda just...went up and slapped him on the shoulder. And then I remembered something. Lots of kids? Dafuq. "Lots of kids? Stop messing with me. I'm not a hen," I said. He just looked at me like I was some really cute six-year-old who amused him to oblivion. "I'm not messing with you! I really got this for us. For our family and our kids who I have no doubt will be the cutest babies in existence, " Damn him and his way with words that makes my heart go crazy. "I wanna look after you and the baby better but sadly, I can't do that with that Yixing guy lurking around..." "What? 'That Yixing guy'?" I dared him to say it in front of my face again. Did he just insult the Laynicorn? Kris pinched his nose bridge. He knew he went over and that I didn't like him very much just then. "Amber, can you just please tell me you'll give me a chance to protect you 24/7 from Monday to Sunday for the rest of eternity?" Yeah, I was at lost at that, especially since he looked so flipping sincere.

 

"K." I said with a smile. He smiled back. "So, Thai food?" "Pad Thai!" I cheered at the best stuff invented since chocolate. Kris laughed and tucked a lost strand behind my ear. My heart rate was abnormal again, just like it always is when he touches me or smiles at me. It might not seem like it, but knowing he's thought this far ahead just overwhelmed me. It might not seem like it but I was actually really, really happy.

 

 

Because it was him with me, and no one else.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Heeey, you're still up!" I eyesmiled, trying to get the stupid heels off. I hated them, but I had to. It was all part of the 'professional' look crappity crap crap stuff.

"Hey, stupid, I thought I told you to stop wearing those things. It's dangerous," I poked a tongue out. Lay was watching TV and I was half disappointed he was still up. I kinda hoped I wouldn't have to tell him until the morning... "Psh, you're exagging, Xingxing. My tummy's not that big yet anyways and besides, it's company policy," I walked over to the kitchen bench to drink a glass of cold water. "Doesn't your precious Kris Wu technically own the company? So ultimately, he's still a useless prick, huh? Tch." I gaped at him. He mumbled the words, but I heard them loud and clear. Ooh, I see how it is. Kris doesn't like Lay and Lay doesn't like Kris. The two most stupid, most retarded, most caring dumb asses closest to my heart in the whole wide world didn't like each other very much, and it was giving me one hell of a headache. It ain't good. I shook my head, trying to shake the thoughts off.

 

"Xing," I cuddled next to Lay on the couch, leaning my head on his shoulder. Lay's arm then hung around my shoulder. "Hm?" he hummed. Oh God, do I really have to...? What the heck? Of course I do. No chickening out. I need to tell him now. Procrastination only prolongs the process, Amber. "Kris asked me to move in with him today,"

 

Okay, I said it. I said it in one go, but who cares, I said it. I waited for something; anything, and for a long time, I really thought he wasn't gonna say anything until...

 

"Awesome,"

 

 

I sat up properly. Say whuut. "Really?" I raised a brow. He just stared straight ahead at the TV. I tried not to frown. I couldn't guess what he was thinking and it was driving me completely insane. All I knew was that when Lay said 'awesome', he did not mean it. Lay forced the lamest, most retarded-looking smile I'd ever seen. All of a sudden, he kisses my forehead softly before going to his room without a word because probably, he knew he looked cooler that way.

 

Lesighs. Yixing is an open book. There's not a thing on this planet or the next that he can hide from me. We're best friends. But right now...it's like he's this totally different person or some stranger with good hair that I haven't met before. And I got scared. Like, really scared. What if...what if...

What if I lose him completely?

 

Ergh. I feel like eating ice cream.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I held the phone against my ear. "Hey," Oh God, his voice. His sweet, thick, honey-like voice which reminds me so much of ice cream... Kris Wu will be the end of me. "Hey," I tried not to sound too idiotic. "It's only been an hour and you miss me already? How can you possibly survive?" Narcissistic . "Yeah, pregnancy makes me weird." I shrugged. "You're craving for me?" I repeat: Narcissistic . "That sounds wrong in so many different levels," I rolled my eyes. "So what? We're getting married and having a baby." Good point. I facepalmed. What the heck? "No, but really, what's the matter?" he said, trying to sound serious. Uhm, why did I call again...? Oh, right. "I feel like eating ice cream but we're all out and since you're the one who turned me into a pregnant eating machine-----" "Alright, alright. I'll be there in a while. What flavour?" "Anything citrus. Preferably Tangerines. I love those things." A low buzz that sounded like a laugh from the other end of the line tickled my ear. "Yes, ma'am." I smiled. "Hurry or I'll go Hulk at everything," I said. "It's okay. I'll be your Betty," I could almost see him wink through the phone which caused my face to go aflame, and then I realised something.

 

Where the hell is he going to find Tangerine ice cream at this hour?

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You said a sec and you make me wait 7 hours what the heck-----?" "Hi," Kris stood at the doorway with a plastic bag in hand. My mouth formed an 'O' shape. "Wha-what the bleep...?" "Tangerine gelato. My high school friend studied university in Italy. He studied ice cream making while taking law, just for fun. I called him up for a favour." He called his highschool friend up at almost midnight to make his pregnant fiancée some Tangerine-flavoured ice cream? Is...is he serious? "Are you serious?" "I couldn't let you go Hulk at everything," he smirked. I bit my bottom lip at my fluttering heart.

 

 

 

 

"Oh my God, this is good!" I whooped, enjoying Seoul's cold, night air. I brought him up at the rooftop of the building we lived in because I liked going up here whenever I wanted to think. "I'll tell him you liked it," Kris smiled, taking a spoonful and eating it. I shivered. I'm wearing a big, woolly jumper and I still shivered. I've been getting a bit too sensitive nowadays. It's always cold. Krystal says that's what happens when one's pregnant. They get cold really easily. Pft, how the hell would she know? It's not like she's ever been pregnant her entire life. Apparently it's common logic. I felt a jacket over my shoulders. "You're freezing. Let's go back. I don't want you to turn into an ice statue like the ones in Narnia," he said. I grabbed his hand to stop him.

 

 

"Kris, I don't think I can move in with you," I held my breath. "What? Why? You're trolling me, right? "He sounded worried and confused. Yeah, well, if it was me, I'd be confused too. Just a couple of hours ago, I was so excited and now... I bit my lip and clutched on to his arm tighter. "Yeah, well, you see, I'm just way too busy these days and I don't think I have time to, y'know, pack my stuff up and then there's the trouble of moving them and all that crap. I'm supposed to be helping Krystal clean the house tomorrow then I have to go to the supermarket the day after and-----" I paused as I looked at Kris staring bored at me, and sighed, letting his arm go.

 

"I can't do it. I'm sorry. I can't just leave him here by himself. It's Lay-----"

 

 

 

 

 

Kris turns around without a word to leave me in the cold.

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Word count     1, 410

 

(A/N)

Look at this perfecton:

tumblr_m9k629RWzi1rn7304.jpg

Me:

url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=tY-15ei

 

I like Pad Thai, heehee.

 

OH AND THANK YOU FOR ALL NEW SUBS I LOVE YOU LIKE I LOVE PAD THAI KRISBER THANKS MWAAAH!